The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I want to see how we respond, sadly I think it’ll be like a bunch of pu$$ies but I hope they surprise me.

We don't have the horses to run that type of race..

There is no toughness on this team. Its not a fast skating team. MTL TML EDM skate circles around us. It's not a physical team.. its not a tough or mean team.  It's not a defensively shut down systems team..

I can't tell what type of team Benning is trying to build. This team doesn't have an identity..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I will be very disappointed if they do nothing.

Wouldnt mind seeing Horvat challenge McDavid to a fight. Spoil his 100th point night by making him refuse.

Mcdavid would be an idiot to fight anyone. He's going to the playoffs trying to win a cpl rounds.. 4 or 5 games left in season. He breaks a hand or or dislocates shoulder his and Oilers season is over.. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

There is no toughness on this team. Its not a fast skating team. MTL TML EDM skate circles around us. It's not a physical team.. its not a tough or mean team.  It's not a defensively shut down systems team..

I can't tell what type of team Benning is trying to build. This team doesn't have an identity..

That’s exactly it, no identity, wait, we do have one, we’re a fun team.

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s exactly it, no identity, wait, we do have one, we’re a fun team.

If fun means Virtanen and Gaudette going out to bars and liquor stores to party while they were supposed to isolate .. yes they've been having fun. Lol

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't the Gretzky Oilers set many records against the Canucks?  I believe Gretzky's first goal in the NHL was against the Canucks.

I'm thinking McJesus is going to follow suit here and set many records against us.

Didn’t he break a record against the Canucks when he was a king

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

If fun means Virtanen and Gaudette going out to bars and liquor stores to party while they were supposed to isolate .. yes they've been having fun. Lol

That and fun to play against, look at how many opposition players have big grins at the end of a game playing us. ‘Nucks are like the night club fall back girl at the end of the night if you strike out.

Easy, soft and jiggly.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Exactly this. Benning has no idea what kind of team he is trying to build either apparently.

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2

45 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Mcdavid would be an idiot to fight anyone. He's going to the playoffs trying to win a cpl rounds.. 4 or 5 games left in season. He breaks a hand or or dislocates shoulder his and Oilers season is over.. 

Who said he needs to fight. Bo just have to give him a couple of wwe smackdown.

Last I checked, that is totally within the rules and a clean hockey play. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't the Gretzky Oilers set many records against the Canucks?  I believe Gretzky's first goal in the NHL was against the Canucks.

I'm thinking McJesus is going to follow suit here and set many records against us.

True story. 

when I worked at an automotive shop back in 99 in Tsawassen. Glen Hanlon was a customer and friend of my boss. And he came in the morning after Gretzky retired and on the back of the province was a page size picture of Wayne’s first goal against Hanlon. We both noticed the pic at the same time and Hanlon says he scored about 50 more on me for almost 20 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

So true.  It's especially challenging to develop an identity when management keeps playing costly musical chair.  Just develop the prospects dammit.

8 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I want to see how we respond, sadly I think it’ll be like a bunch of pu$$ies but I hope they surprise me.

Respond to what?

To Mac's one game suspension? - dress someone else and play their hearts out for another win.  That's how I hope they respond

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

37 minutes ago, jason10009 said:

Hope Gadjovich gets a debut soon.

I'd say Tuesdays game, second of the back to backs.  He hasn't played for a week, won't be match fit for Monday, and will need a practice or 2 with the big team (although if Lind and Rathbone are playing, he does have a lot of familiarity with them)

I am so looking forward to next season...where we don't play the same team all the damn time and get to see exciting players from other teams like Kirill thee Thrill for example. Watching the Canadian teams only has been quite boring, they all have glaring holes and none should have a legit shot at a cup once out of the Canadian division.

Bring on the normal regular season starting in October, I know I can't wait!

Go Canucks, kick the Coilers down another notch and beat em again!!