The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Hmm ... I don't think your getting it.   First of all it's your narrative - it's almost all negative even when a nice comment is thrown in there it almost always comes with a caveat.   7 years also included a 7th overall finish and three playoff rounds but that doesn't matter does it.    Nothing wrong at all with bringing this up,  but no mention of the upswing either, three Calder finalists...rookies coming in each year and doing something since the prospect pool was rebuilt.    You wouldn't get called out so often if it wasn't so blatantly grouchy.    Teams obviously not there yet, but we aren't getting blown out either, without our best player and with a bunch of guys recovering from Covid and trying their best to win and please us fans.    Maybe we do need a new GM and a new coach.   But the rebuild is on a reasonable course all considered, couldn't go much faster starting from almost zero.   Four years ... and counting, but go ahead and start two years after we won a presidents trophy if you must, ignore the MG contracts (no GM is going to blow that up given the legalities of those contracts) as you measuring stick.   Guess what OTT just missed four in a row too lol.   And they were able to sell the farm and started with a 9th best pool.   Did you know this?   It is what it is, and it could be much worse, sure it could be better too, but it's not nearly as bad as your trying to make it. 

Tough for anybody to work in Ottawa with that owner.  Aquilini is anything *BUT* cheap.  Sens owner makes Dollar Bill Wirtz seem like a spendthrift.  Think the Hens missing the playoffs 4 years in a row cost their previous GM his job.  They’ve been thru like four head coaches since 2014.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

That's why for me, I didn't understand the Pearson signing dollars and term... I thought we were past that... 

Either go for a legit bonafide top 6 (Toffoli) or fill it internally. Don't do this in between stuff. 

Cup winner, has chemistry with our captain, heavy body, put up more points than just about anyone on the team since his arrival.. all for around 3mil? Seems like a steal to me...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Canucks fans practically burnt down their city. Nothing would surprise me 

It was organized Black Bloc agitators who started it, 100%. They were going to burn it down regardless of the outcome.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

LMAO...... burned down the city?   You  must watch Fox News as that is the headline they would  run.

LMAO I was making a point about  “loonies” in general. 

it’s an exaggeration obviously. Follow the thread. I was making a point about Looney Tunes. That was just an example. Plenty of loonies to go around 

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

LMAO I was making a point about  “loonies” in general. 

it’s an exaggeration obviously. Follow the thread. I was making a point about Looney Tunes. That was just an example. Plenty of loonies to go around 

WTF is wrong with Looney Tunes?

:P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Take McDavid out of the lineup for a prolonged period and see where the Oilers would be. 

I don't think there has ever been a team in the NHL more reliant on one player than the current Oilers team.  Even Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr had a cast of stars around them.  Other than Draisaitl the Oilers have nothing.  People say they have this new great GM who is going to lead them to the promised land.  One injury to McJesus and the Oilers are a lottery team. 

At least the Canucks are competitive without Pettersson.  Heck they even won some games without him.  I don't think the Canucks are reliant solely on one player, which is a good thing.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think there has ever been a team in the NHL more reliant on one player than the current Oilers team.  Even Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr had a cast of stars around them.  Other than Draisaitl the Oilers have nothing.  People say they have this new great GM who is going to lead them to the promised land.  One injury to McJesus and the Oilers are a lottery team. 

At least the Canucks are competitive without Pettersson.  Heck they even won some games without him.  I don't think the Canucks are reliant solely on one player, which is a good thing.

IMO if McDavid had missed as much time as Pettersson we would still be having a four-way turtle derby for the last spot in  playoffs. It wouldn’t be pretty but games would be meaningful.

• Upvote 1