Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


IMO if McDavid had missed as much time as Pettersson we would still be having a four-way turtle derby for the last spot in  playoffs. It wouldn’t be pretty but games would be meaningful.

So that’s our new strategy, hoping other teams stars suffer injuries, oh well, at least it’s a better strategy then what Greens got.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


IMO if McDavid had missed as much time as Pettersson we would still be having a four-way turtle derby for the last spot in  playoffs. It wouldn’t be pretty but games would be meaningful.

If McDavid had missed 30 games this year the Oilers would be looking at a top 3 pick...

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If McDavid had missed 30 games this year the Oilers would be looking at a top 3 pick...

But it happened to us with petey. Bring on the draft!::D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viking mama said:

That anti-Vancouver vibe was totally generated by the media empire of Jeremy Jacobs flexing his influence over the CBC - coast to coast, as well.
 

As the NHL’s long-term President of the Board of Governors, his Bruins’ brand got a perk like no other, by having Don Cherry promote the Bruins brand of ‘rock ‘em sock ‘em’ hockey to a nation wide audience for generations. Even if his words contradicted social norms, fair play & the NHL’s own rulebook, Cherry’s audiences ate up his propaganda, that  European IIHF style hockey was bad & inferior, and that the ‘code’ of vigilante  justice in hockey was paramount to trusting in the zebras & off-ice officials  to do their jobs. 
 

Ron MacLean was no better, & after the Burrows incident he went full-tilt Anti-Canucks. He had the zebras backs despite the gaffs, blindness & clear bias. The selected officials for the final series, (O’Halloran, Devorski, Sutherland) were among disgraced referee Auger’s staunchest union bros. They went militant in protecting his cause, despite all of the damage that Auger’s actions, both prior & subsequent to the controversial game in question, had caused to the integrity of the league & sport. They had confessed outrage even before being selected to work the final & these biases were clearly taken into consideration to help the Bruins & not vetted out. They were also old-school traditionalists. Carry over justice & having a game management feel for the game despite what a rule-book might say, is now okay! Let ‘em play! Any old way, then? Fine! More vigilante justice instead of penalties, that’ll work for sure! And for whom, exactly? War by attrition, last men standing! Something else can win over speed, skill, fair-play & deep-down desire...when the rules of the game start to disappear or get interpreted by vindictive eyes. 
 

My friends from across the country said they were all ‘Nuckleheads’, as were many in the US seen filling up those arena-seats in away buildings throughout that season. BUT - during the final, the media had Canada’s team (being lead by 2 of the most honourably fair-minded men & leaders in all of hockey, as the C & A) portrayed as divers, cheats & whiners...and the real villains/drama-queens, as the more-victimized heroes, some how? Say what?!
 

Nothing was called out as it should have been with any kind of journalistic fairness or dispassion...until much later. The real uproar came, after the series had ended. A riot insited by an opportunistic & rotten few followed  but it was also fueled by all of the frustrations arising from a promising season being torpedoed by all of those outside influences & league manipulations. In the coming months, emails & calls flooded the CBC in complaint. Sponsers pulled their support. The CBC eventually lost a whole lot more than just their reputations that year. They lost the right & the opportunity to call themselves flag-bearers for Canada’s team. 
 

The Tampa Bay Lightning received similarly biased media treatment in their 2011 semi-final series. These kinds of manipulations go on still. The NHL’s power-brokers, who are generally the ones calling all of the shots with their solid voting-block of welcomed-insiders, need to be out-voted! Only by converting more of these governors into progressives can we save ‘fair-play’ in hockey.

 

Mixed signals to the players have so many of them ultra-confused about almost every ‘safety’ &’ rule’ standard out there. It’s a shame that hypocrisy rules the day. Hope & pray for something far better in politics & hockey, soon. 
 

The sooner the NHL aligns with an IIHF model of operation, the less likely there will be allowable manipulations & excessive drama for some biased officials to seize upon & mis-interpret. 
 


 

 

Thank you for this post and your detail.

 

I kinda forgotten how bad it was. A lot of that has been creeping up lately again. I’ve tried to ignore it as I don’t like being that guy. I wish everything was completely fair but it’s not. So many things have happened this year that have bothered me, not only the zebras but stuff outside the actual game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Thank you for this post and your detail.

 

I kinda forgotten how bad it was. A lot of that has been creeping up lately again. I’ve tried to ignore it as I don’t like being that guy. I wish everything was completely fair but it’s not. So many things have happened this year that have bothered me, not only the zebras but stuff outside the actual game. 

At least we have KB in our corner - sure he's ripped is a little too, but he's also defended us and calls out McLean all the time and keeps it light for the most part.  Really i don't have any problem with  Kelly either, he's mostly focused on the goaltending, has a good attitude and if you watch other games he covers is very fair.   And doesn't seem to age,  maybe it's his happy go lucky thing but whether he's doing it's working.    McLean I lost most of my respect for him, but get why he's still around.   

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So that’s our new strategy, hoping other teams stars suffer injuries, oh well, at least it’s a better strategy then what Greens got.


Well now I didn’t say it was a strategy. It’s just a comment on the Oilers, not a plan for us. Matter of fact I didn’t even say it was good for our team. Look at the players we’re getting a look at now like Lind, Rathbone, hopefully Gadjovich, maybe Lockwood.

I’m excited seeing these guys. We need to make the best out of the situation we’re in.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sedinery 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


Well now I didn’t say it was a strategy. It’s just a comment on the Oilers, not a plan for us. Matter of fact I didn’t even say it was good for our team. Look at the players we’re getting a look at now like Lind, Rathbone, hopefully Gadjovich, maybe Lockwood.

I’m excited seeing these guys. We need to make the best out of the situation we’re in.

It's entirely possible, that back in our own division, and a healthy team, we start a run of several consecutive playoff runs for a long time.   I certainly hope so, and can see the forest for the trees given what is still in the wings.    TG doesn't deserve nearly as much crap as he gets.  

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's entirely possible, that back in our own division, and a healthy team, we start a run of several consecutive playoff runs for a long time.   I certainly hope so, and can see the forest for the trees given what is still in the wings.    TG doesn't deserve nearly as much crap as he gets.  

I can’t see it, way too much Green in the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


Well now I didn’t say it was a strategy. It’s just a comment on the Oilers, not a plan for us. Matter of fact I didn’t even say it was good for our team. Look at the players we’re getting a look at now like Lind, Rathbone, hopefully Gadjovich, maybe Lockwood.

I’m excited seeing these guys. We need to make the best out of the situation we’re in.

Damn, thought you were vying to replace Green, would have had my vote, we need a man with a plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I can’t see it, way too much Green in the way.

Coaches expire, they all do ;)

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's entirely possible, that back in our own division, and a healthy team, we start a run of several consecutive playoff runs for a long time.   I certainly hope so, and can see the forest for the trees given what is still in the wings.    TG doesn't deserve nearly as much crap as he gets.  

 

he does have some 'splaining to do tho, I think in regard to his special teams. During the McBaby event, the commentators mentioned that the Canucks are the only team with no goals on the PP from their d, but 5 on 5 have the highest percentage of points from their defence of any team.

 

Now... thats really odd is it not? Isn't that some sort of clue as to Brown not using his options well? doesn't that ultimately land on Green? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Devron44 said:

Coaches expire, they all do ;)

This one didn’t even come with a best before date.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's entirely possible, that back in our own division, and a healthy team, we start a run of several consecutive playoff runs for a long time.   I certainly hope so, and can see the forest for the trees given what is still in the wings.    TG doesn't deserve nearly as much crap as he gets.  


I’m very excited about next year, hopefully with fans in the stands, maybe hear a cowbell being shaken to pieces! I also hope that the whole coaching/assistants thing doesn’t drag out too long. It would be nice to hear an announcement on that soon as well on JB. Get all the torches and pitchforks over with in the off-season and start fresh in the new year.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

At least we have KB in our corner - sure he's ripped is a little too, but he's also defended us and calls out McLean all the time and keeps it light for the most part.  Really i don't have any problem with  Kelly either, he's mostly focused on the goaltending, has a good attitude and if you watch other games he covers is very fair.   And doesn't seem to age,  maybe it's his happy go lucky thing but whether he's doing it's working.    McLean I lost most of my respect for him, but get why he's still around.   

He called out McLean about Burrows yesterday actually lol. Hrudy use to be one of my favourites maybe cause I’m a goaltender. But really I don’t get too interested in what any of them have to say anymore. If Bieksa wasn’t on the panel I think I would just keep it on mute like I do with all the commercials haha

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Damn, thought you were vying to replace Green, would have had my vote, we need a man with a plan.


If you could see how I’m progressing with my lose 10 lbs plan you’d cross me off the list pretty quick.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol just looking at the replays of the Canucks goals. Smith always has the same reaction like wtf just happened haha. Remember Peteys first NHL goal he ripped in on Smith. Lol hilarious 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Really?  Can’t understand what I meant by that?

 

Its not the player decision to sell off vets and play the kids when they are out of contention.....

 

Been playing the kids this year and particularly lately. Lots of new names and faces on the lineup. 

You can ‘t sell what  no one is willing to buy. 

Bad contracts is the real problem. Nobody wants to pay a guy $3m, when a comparable player can be had for $1m 

 

Canucks are playing just well enough to lose without getting blown out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If McDavid had missed 30 games this year the Oilers would be looking at a top 3 pick...

To be fair McDavid has been scoring at close to 2 points per game compared almost a point per game for Pettersson. The impact of luring a McDavid is going to be far bigger than losing Pettersson.  Don’t get me wrong. Losing Pettersson for 30 games is a big blow to Vancouver . But McDavid is in another stratosphere. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

 

he does have some 'splaining to do tho, I think in regard to his special teams. During the McBaby event, the commentators mentioned that the Canucks are the only team with no goals on the PP from their d, but 5 on 5 have the highest percentage of points from their defence of any team.

 

Now... thats really odd is it not? Isn't that some sort of clue as to Brown not using his options well? doesn't that ultimately land on Green? 

Green, who's 7 games away from unemployment? That Green?

 

Unfortunately, I believe he'll be the coach of the Crackheads next season. Regardless of whether or not there's tampering involved, this is what I can feel in my gut's coming.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...