The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

Green, who's 7 games away from unemployment? That Green?

Unfortunately, I believe he'll be the coach of the Crackheads next season. Regardless of whether or not there's tampering involved, this is what I can feel in my gut's coming.

I tend to agree

green has sportsnet yes people media spewing all the excuses in the world for him and the followers just refuse to see the tire fire on the ice 

If JB signs him then he us gone when aqua has to eat Green’s contract next season when Green leads us to yet another sub 500 record and the excuses run out

no clue why people keep endorsing Green when he has accomplished less than Willie 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So that’s our new strategy, hoping other teams stars suffer injuries, oh well, at least it’s a better strategy then what Greens got.

McDavid is one of the few stars that earns his pay.   Part of a deep playoff run includes attrition, and often physical sacrifice.   NYI had one of the best cores ever, but after 19 consecutive playoff rounds every one of their guys had injuries that made their personal stats suffer, Potvin and Bossy near the front of that group.   Potvin retired early, Bossy destroyed his back.   So yes when building teams, especially during the cap era these things do matter.    EDM won't ever draw the cheap vet experience TO managed this year, so odds he will have to play like a super hero to ever win a cup there.    Here maybe a little easier ... still tough choice Two guys like Miller and Horvat or one McDavid.   Personally i feel at least, we have it good too. 

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Unfortunately, I believe he'll be the coach of the Crackheads next season. Regardless of whether or not there's tampering involved, this is what I can feel in my gut's coming.

Welcome to the "Krakhouse".

• Haha 2

Just watched the highlights....shame about Hughesy goal being called back...Miller with a slick move....and nice to see Grayo and Boydy getting goals as well....not sure if it should be considered an achievement getting a 100pts against some of the weakass D (Nucks included) in the League....not playing against any other teams. Playoffs will be interesting...

1 hour ago, xereau said:

thats him. 

Its just a weird stat, I'd like to figure out what it means... does Newell not want our d to shoot? no net presence/traffic? easy to block shooting lanes? something ain't right. 

4 hours ago, xereau said:

Cup winner, has chemistry with our captain, heavy body, put up more points than just about anyone on the team since his arrival.. all for around 3mil? Seems like a steal to me...

Do you think he'll be playing in a top 6 role in 3 years when we are in the playoffs? 

I'm actually curious.

I see him playing in a 3rd line role at that point putting up 25-30 pts. 

Edited by CanucksJay

So McJesus got 100 points playing against only 6 other teams with hardly any travel in a weakened division. That’s nice. 

Wake me up when he gets 130 points and wins the scoring title at age 33.  We all know the player that accomplished that. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Do you think he'll be playing in a top 6 role in 3 years when we are in the playoffs? 

I'm actually curious.

In 3 years Pearson will be a UFA so it won’t really matter. 

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I'm actually curious.

Tanners a 3rd line winger with Bo as his center. Petey 1C, Miller 2a and Bo 2b C.

Bo already is our checking line center, so just make it official. Same career trajectory as Trevor Linden.

I like what I see with Miller at center, and he says he likes it too.

We know what Petey does at center, and Miller was mostly  just on his line for faceoffs. Petey wasn't amazing at faceoffs this year, but he wasn't getting smoked either.

Petey Miller Bo is a pretty spectacular lineup down the middle. This setup changes the team moving forward, in many good ways.

3rd line centers are hard to find, and Bo would pretty much instantly be among the best in the league. 2a 2b 3, it matters, not, he's already playing this role anyways.

Look for some speedy diggers for Millers wing from within, or UFA, but the top UFA priority should be a permanent long term partner for Quinn on D.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats him. 

Its just a weird stat, I'd like to figure out what it means... does Newell not want our d to shoot? no net presence/traffic? easy to block shooting lanes? something ain't right. 

They generate about 85-90% (eye test/gut feel) of their shots on the PP on the 1 timer quick passes to the forwards from the hashmarks, (Brock, Petey/Miller), and netfront (Bo).

The deep man is always looking to one time pass to Bo or Brock, so that leaves only Bo or Quinn setting up Petey. It's very predictable what's happening, because the shots are coming from 3 parts of the same zone on the ice.

The way I would remedy this is go oldschool play with two guys who bomb the puck from the line, and have 2 guys who roam the front for 1 timers, tips, and screens. The bottom guy's job is back of the net puck retrieval, and secondary screens.

2 real D on the backend on powerplay is oldschool I know, but it fixes some of the problems which the team has, which mostly stem from the fact that Quinn has to walk the whole line. Put another D on the right side who can absolutely rip it. Petey and Brock on the hashmarks, and Bo doing deep man duty. 4 shots is better than 3, with increased defensive posture. PP2 uses two D, aye? Go back to it on PP1 too.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, xereau said:

Tanners a 3rd line winger with Bo as his center. Petey 1C, Miller 2a and Bo 2b C.

Bo already is our checking line center, so just make it official. Same career trajectory as Trevor Linden.

I like what I see with Miller at center, and he says he likes it too.

We know what Petey does at center, and Miller was mostly  just on his line for faceoffs. Petey wasn't amazing at faceoffs this year, but he wasn't getting smoked either.

Petey Miller Bo is a pretty spectacular lineup down the middle. This setup changes the team moving forward, in many good ways.

3rd line centers are hard to find, and Bo would pretty much instantly be among the best in the league. 2a 2b 3, it matters, not, he's already playing this role anyways.

Look for some speedy diggers for Millers wing from within, or UFA, but the top UFA priority should be a permanent long term partner for Quinn on D.

Gadjovich    Pettersson   Boeser

Hoglander    Miller           Podkolzin

Pearson       Horvat         Lind

Motte           Graovac      MacEwen

I wanna see Johah park his butt in front of the net with Boeser firing lasers at the net and Petey driving the play.  Also, if someone wants to Matheson Petey they will need to answer to Jonah.  Hoglander and Podkolzin would be the buzzsaws around Miller and Pearson Horvat Lind could match up against the top opposition line.  Motte  Graovac  MacEwen would be high energy and MacEwen would be able to Nurse anyone that tries to touch our stars.

Pretty much our entire forward group can be completed from within.  As for the defense, Rathbone is going to be a star and Juolevi can take the next step.  The one player we are missing is a stud Dman to play with Quinn.  Hamonic can fill a temporary role, but long term we need someone in the 23-26 age bracket who can be with Quinn long term.

Seth Jones is a UFA in 2022.  I would go hard after him.  He would be one of my top 3 picks to play with Quinn.  Erik Cernak is another but I don't think Tampa lets him go.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Gadjovich    Pettersson   Boeser

Hoglander    Miller           Podkolzin

Pearson       Horvat         Lind

Motte           Graovac      MacEwen

I wanna see Johah part his butt in front of the net with Boeser firing lasers at the net and Petey driving the play.  Also, if someone wants to Matheson Petey they will need to answer to Jonah.  Hoglander and Podkolzin would be the buzzsaws around Miller and Pearson Horvat Lind could match up against the top opposition line.  Motte  Graovac  MacEwen would be high energy and MacEwen would be able to Nurse anyone that tries to touch our stars.

Pretty much our entire forward group can be completed from within.  As for the defense, Rathbone is going to be a star and Juolevi can take the next step.  The one player we are missing is a stud Dman to play with Quinn.  Hamonic can fill a temporary role, but long term we need someone in the 23-26 age bracket who can be with Quinn long term.

Seth Jones is a UFA in 2022.  I would go hard after him.  He would be one of my top 3 picks to play with Quinn.  Erik Cernak is another but I don't think Tampa let's him go.

rather draft clarke powers or hughes 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

rather draft clarke powers or hughes 

Power and Hughes are left handed D.  Don't think they are gonna fit with Quinn.  Clarke is intriguing but he's not a slam dunk and maybe a few years away from having a big impact in the NHL.