Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Power and Hughes are left handed D.  Don't think they are gonna fit with Quinn.  Clarke is intriguing but he's not a slam dunk and maybe a few years away from having a big impact in the NHL.  

 clarke and powers are more nhl ready out if all the players available hughes youngest most upside but hes 2-3 yrs away. If clarkes gone and hughes or powers available  we would grab one of them. Trades can happen   schmidt or rathbone or juolevi could be traded for decent right shot dman  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

flames beat sens 6-1  we 6 points back hoping we stay in same spot in standings 

Don't worry they'll win just enough to bump themselves up about 4 spots and screw up a good pick......Happens every year.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Don't worry they'll win just enough to bump themselves up about 4 spots and screw up a good pick......Happens every year.

 ya its so dumb i remember when sutter decided to go on agoal scoring  streak at end of yr   cost us pooleparty   like sutter didnt score all yr til that point  lets score when thegames dont matter this teamwont change til benning  green gone 

  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

flames beat sens 6-1  we 6 points back hoping we stay in same spot in standings 

And now they get to sit for 3 days waiting for us to complete our back to back vs Winnipeg.  They'll be well rested and healthy, we'll be gassed.  Figures !!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

 clarke and powers are more nhl ready out if all the players available hughes youngest most upside but hes 2-3 yrs away. If clarkes gone and hughes or powers available  we would grab one of them. Trades can happen   schmidt or rathbone or juolevi could be traded for decent right shot dman  

I don't think anybody in this draft is ready to step in right away. Most of the top 10 will need 1-2 years at least.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Googlie said:

And now they get to sit for 3 days waiting for us to complete our back to back vs Winnipeg.  They'll be well rested and healthy, we'll be gassed.  Figures !!

They faced a tired Sens team in that 6-1 win so that may be indicative of what they're capable of playing like when facing a tired team when they are fresh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They faced a tired Sens team in that 6-1 win so that may be indicative of what they're capable of playing like when facing a tired team when they are fresh.

hoping we get buried i wanna top 5 pick 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

 

 

Lind has already debuted. Rathbone had already debuted. Gadjovich is about to debut. DiPietro will be knocking on the door soon. Good draft year for us.

 

Not to even mention Petey. That's 5 guys with high likelihood of NHL careers from a single draft class.

 

Oh oh you saying stuff like that about some of the good things Jim Benning has done is not welcome around these parts partner :blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

hoping we get buried i wanna top 5 pick 

If we aint able to land Clarke then i hope we go forward. Love to have a rhd like him but theres some pretty great forwards we can choose from. We gonna get a real stud regardless anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

If we aint able to land Clarke then i hope we go forward. Love to have a rhd like him but theres some pretty great forwards we can choose from. We gonna get a real stud regardless anyways.

 ya we pretty in top ten for sure just hope we do good at lotto be top3 clarke hughes or edvinsson  then if not them beniers  eklund or raty or lambos

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Edvinsson or Svozil for me.  Want a minute munching shutdown guy.

svozil is ranked in late 1st  dont really know much bout  him  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

svozil is ranked in late 1st  dont really know much bout  him  

Really good hockey sense, makes good passes outside his own zone.  I've seen a couple of lists that had him in the top 10, but there's obviously less consensus than usual.  Edvinsson is my pick though; the guy's been compared to Hedman and we have had pretty good luck with big Swedish defensemen.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Really good hockey sense, makes good passes outside his own zone.  I've seen a couple of lists that had him in the top 10, but there's obviously less consensus than usual.  Edvinsson is my pick though; the guy's been compared to Hedman and we have had pretty good luck with big Swedish defensemen.

I’m going to start paying more attention to this guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Really good hockey sense, makes good passes outside his own zone.  I've seen a couple of lists that had him in the top 10, but there's obviously less consensus than usual.  Edvinsson is my pick though; the guy's been compared to Hedman and we have had pretty good luck with big Swedish defensemen.

Most mocks I have seen him in have him around 18-30 for Svozil. Mackenzie has him ranked 34th. I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him. I'd either move up with our 2nd if we really want him or hope he falls. 20-40 range has some good prospects.

 

For Edvinsson some scouts are skeptical that his strengths won't translate well in the NHL hence why he's ranked lower than the other D like Clarke, Powers, Hughes for the most part. Scouts think he's more of a raw talent than the others. I've also seen more OEL comparison more so than Hedman.

 

Quote

Edvinsson’s combination of size, skill, and skating ability gives him a very high ceiling.  He could become a top-pairing defender at the next level. There are areas of his game that need improvement, including his shot and his defensive game though. His game is still a bit raw and he will likely need more time in Sweden or the AHL before he is ready to make an impact at the NHL level. The raw traits here are very intriguing though, and with good coaching and development the team that drafts him could have a real gem. Edvinsson’s game is reminiscent of Oliver Ekman-Larsson, however, this is a stylistic comparison only and not one based on skill and ability.

 

I have seen Hedman comparison with Power though.

 

Quote

Power has all the tools to be a number one defenceman. He has the size, skating, offensive game, defensive game, smarts and physical play that scouts look for in defenders, all in one package. There is some question about how high his ceiling is, as most of his traits are very good, but not excellent. However, there are not many weaknesses in his game either. With his last two seasons being shortened, as well as the fact that big defencemen sometimes need extra seasoning before making it to the NHL, Power could spend another year at Michigan and play for Team Canada at the World Juniors. Power’s game is reminiscent of Victor Hedman. This is just a stylistic comparison though and not one based on skill and ability.

 

If we are drafting 8-12 I would highly consider Edvinsson though.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Most mocks I have seen him in have him around 18-30 for Svozil. Mackenzie has him ranked 34th. I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him. I'd either move up with our 2nd if we really want him or hope he falls. 20-40 range has some good prospects.

 

For Edvinsson some scouts are skeptical that his strengths won't translate well in the NHL hence why he's ranked lower than the other D like Clarke, Powers, Hughes for the most part. Scouts think he's more of a raw talent than the others. I've also seen more OEL comparison more so than Hedman.

 

 

I have seen Hedman comparison with Power though.

 

 

If we are drafting 8-12 I would highly consider Edvinsson though.

I definitely prefer Power, and am going on the assumption he won't be available as he's pretty much a no-brainer pick for me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I definitely prefer Power, and am going on the assumption he won't be available as he's pretty much a no-brainer pick for me.

Yeah If we are drafting top 3 it would be hard not to pick him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Oh oh you saying stuff like that about some of the good things Jim Benning has done is not welcome around these parts partner :blink:

Sure it is. I am a huge Benning critic but not about his drafting. Its been good especially compared to what Canucks fans are used to. His free agent signings though, cmon. Lol

 

The caveat is we just have to hope he doesn't do what he did with Forsling, Gaudette, McCann, and Tryamkin with this next wave of prospects. Namely lose them for very little of consequence in return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xereau said:

Tanners a 3rd line winger with Bo as his center. Petey 1C, Miller 2a and Bo 2b C.


Bo already is our checking line center, so just make it official. Same career trajectory as Trevor Linden.

 

I like what I see with Miller at center, and he says he likes it too.

 

We know what Petey does at center, and Miller was mostly  just on his line for faceoffs. Petey wasn't amazing at faceoffs this year, but he wasn't getting smoked either.

 

Petey Miller Bo is a pretty spectacular lineup down the middle. This setup changes the team moving forward, in many good ways.

 

3rd line centers are hard to find, and Bo would pretty much instantly be among the best in the league. 2a 2b 3, it matters, not, he's already playing this role anyways.


Look for some speedy diggers for Millers wing from within, or UFA, but the top UFA priority should be a permanent long term partner for Quinn on D.

Wow that's thinking outside the box splitting up Millsy and Petey. 

That actually could work and if Bo is on 3rd line, having Pearson on his wing on a matchup role/line could work. 

 

Boeser Petey 

Hog Miller

Pearson Horvat

 

Players that could potentially slot in into the 3 lines

 

Podz, Lind, JV, 

 

Man we really miss Toffoli here... I see Podz in a second line role but we need a top line winger... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...