The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Just out of curiosity, do we have anyone on this team that can stand up in a fight with Nurse? The guy is a bully out there and needs a good beat down

RIP Rick Rypien, we miss you.

Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

Horvat.  Nurse isn't actually tough.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guess we have to teach our players to rip off other players helmets and slam them against the ice. And use your stick as choking device. 

I hear your sarcasm - Ghost. 

But, in response - if this is the major belief system of fellow hockey-fans, I say....no thanks!  

I’m all for the progressive movement in hockey. You know..the folks who are  trying to drag the NHL ‘s traditionalist & old/school governors & leadership group kicking & screaming out of the dark ages. 

The best minds that the NHLPA’s  representation has to offer (smart hockey) won’t be stopped until they bargain for standards more akin to what the IIHF sets. Standards in junior & minor league hockey don’t need to alter & regress for the players, when they become NHLers. I hope they make this so! 

In my work place, they demand protections for every employee equally & that union members respect one another, especially in the workplace. 

This endures everyone’s general health & safety, but also that one’s job satisfaction is high & that the most talented people will actually want to work in these places & situations. Talent & skill will then win! That’s also quality control! 

Whiners, drama queens, & those who cannot be trusted to function within the standards & controls of this already very high risk game - should be fairly penalized & if unrepentant, turfed from the company & the show. 

Edited by viking mama

Never expected to see Hrudey make more sense than KB3 in a puck discussion. That debacle of the Rags & Wilson WAS suspension-worthy. I was hoping Juice would steer the conversation to these scummy, judo-throws in fights & scrums. He musta' known Big Mac needed the mention.

C'mon Kevin, don't let media-work affect your thinking!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Horvat has foughten Nurse once before and has gone on to say his jaw doesn't feel the same afterwards. 

Horvat is just being generous.  Looking forward to seeing that gutless flopper get something to cry about.

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I heard somewhere that Deb is actually tougher than him.

Deb could kick more ass than 90% of NHL players and 100% of CDC members. 

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Never expected to see Hrudey make more sense than KB3 in a puck discussion. That debacle of the Rags & Wilson WAS suspension-worthy. I was hoping Juice would steer the conversation to these scummy, judo-throws in fights & scrums. He musta' known Big Mac needed the mention.

I agree with KB3. I'm in the minority I know.

41 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guess we have to teach our players to rip off other players helmets and slam them against the ice. And use your stick as choking device. 

Better us doing it to them rather than them doing that to us.. 

9 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I hear your sarcasm - Ghost. 

But, in response - if this is the major belief system of fellow hockey-fans, I say....no thanks!  

I’m all for the progressive movement in hockey. You know..the folks who are  trying to drag the NHL ‘s traditionalist & old/school governors & leadership group kicking & screaming out of the dark ages. 

The best minds that the NHLPA’s  representation has to offer (smart hockey) won’t be stopped until they bargain for standards more akin to what the IIHF sets. Standards in junior & minor league hockey don’t need to alter & regress for the players, when they become NHLers. I hope they make this so! 

In my work place, they demand protections for every employee equally & that union members respect one another, especially in the workplace. 

This insures everyone’s general health & safety, but also that one’s job satisfaction is high & that the most talented people will actually want to work in these places & situations. Talent & skill will then win! That’s also quality control! 

Whiners, drama queens, & those who cannot be trusted to function within the standards & controls of this already very high risk game - should be fairly penalized & if unrepentant, turfed from the company & the show. 

Good points, but when the playoffs hit the team with a war mentality tends to do better than the ones tied up with the rules - overall; ofcourse, there will be exception(s) but it ultimately, comes down to how the league will be MANAGING that years playoffs - human nature.

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Should mention, I'm currently pulling strands of hair through a shower cap with a crochet hook.  I'm prepped and ready for this game.

Don't the neighbours complain about the cowbell?

8 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Suspension for what. Because Wilson is bigger and stronger and threw him around?

Whats next.. a suspension for a bigger guy throwing a hard body check on a smaller guy??  

Hockey is already getting way too soft... there is no suspension needed there...