The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did the interest in the remaining games go down, if not already, for anyone else after the MacEwen suspension?

My interest is incredibly high for May. In fact, it is the highest it has been since 2011.

Seriously though, it's hard to watch TV period when the snow is gone.

Edited by Chris12345

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did the interest in the remaining games go down, if not already, for anyone else after the MacEwen suspension?

Nope.  Hahah.  
Mac deserved a game.  

This season has sucked anyway.  

Ive been on team tank since returning from the covid break.  
I want to see some nice goals, big hits, big saves, and the Canucks losing.  
It’s actually been a lot of fun watching games with nothing invested in either team. 

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

We don't have the horses to run that type of race..

There is no toughness on this team. Its not a fast skating team. MTL TML EDM skate circles around us. It's not a physical team.. its not a tough or mean team.  It's not a defensively shut down systems team..

I can't tell what type of team Benning is trying to build. This team doesn't have an identity..

Yep, which is our main problem. We don't have the horses.

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We will win:  3-2 in OT.  

Holy Moly - where you been?

I really don't expect to se any kind of pushback from the team - I would love to but......................

• Like 1

Thinking this team has any pushback/ toughness is hilarious. Jb era his model has been smaller slower and softer than ever before. 

Just Like the last 7 years( and limited playoffs)  our only chance of winning is if our goaltender stands in his head.  

Edited by combover
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Thinking this team has any pushback/ toughness is hilarious. Jb era his model has been smaller slower and softer than ever before. 

Just Like the last 7 years( and limited playoffs)  our only chance of winning is if our goaltender stands in his head.  

Now you see why we don't have pushback?  We CAN'T....league says so.  Every single one of our guys would be suspended.

Some teams are handcuffed and some get the all clear to do whatever.  The league is ruining the game but I love that some teams don't care and are  abandoning "discipline" to send their own messages.  I no longer hate the Rangers....I admire their honest, desperate responses to this gong show.

First year ever I've lost all interest in what other teams are doing and won't watch the playoffs.  Why waste my time on something so clearly "managed" and corrupt?  

I'll watch my team...that's as far as it goes now.  Didn't watch the Caps/Rangers for that very reason...because the league wants us to.  So screw them.

Mack deserved something, sure.  So did Nurse.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Twins were two of the toughest players ever.  Don Cherry, when asked who his toughest player was said, Jean Ratelle.  Toughness is a mental thing, and not a throwing the fists thing.  

Joseph Gilbert Yvon Jean Ratelle (born October 3, 1940) is a former Canadian ice hockey player who played for the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins. In twenty-one seasons he averaged almost a point a game and won the Lady Byng Trophy twice in recognition of his great sportsmanship. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1985. In 2017 he was named one of the "100 Greatest NHL Players" in history.[1]

Good point Alf. Toughness isn't dictated by your fists. On quick glance of Ratelle, he sure does sound a lot like our Sedins!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Respond to what?

To Mac's one game suspension? - dress someone else and play their hearts out for another win.  That's how I hope they respond

I guess this happening to our players is ok, forgot, this is Vancouver, not New York.

52DFE9A3-1D43-465E-8466-3E3336DEC564.jpeg

Zack has to learn how to lay there and pretend his neck is broken.  Then watch the NHL gasp in horror and take swift and immediate action.

Someone's gonna get hurt real bad.  It's only pure luck that it hasn't been a cracked head on the ice with a pool of blood that the league can't ignore.  That's clearly what it'll take.  Sadly, it'll be an "I told you so" moment for many of us.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see who Green slots in.   Gadj is in his Winnipeg hotel, so won't be him.   Eriksson or Michaelis.  - likely the latter.   A less obvious choice would be Chatfield or Rafferty playing the wing.  Or maybe bring back Juolevi, and move Rathbone (or Hughes) to the wing for this game