The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

This game seems like ref trying as hard as he can to get McDavid his hundred points. So any small thing Canucks do he will call a penalty. That Hamonic play happens often during penalty killing and rarely it gets called.

His first 3 points were full strength and the calls were actually going against the Oilers, the 2 calls that led to the 2 man advantage are fair.

Bottom line, McDavid is that good and we are that bad, the sooner we accept it the sooner we can heal.

EDIT: my bad, they got 2 PP goals but it’s only 8 minutes to 6 in penalties, a far cry from any imbalance.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Vintage 2
1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

This one will be marked by being a covid ravaged team. How lucky that the oils have so many games vs nux after covid. 

This is some of the best hockey the Canucks have played all season lolllllll

Just now, Krinjer33 said:

Is he really a terrible person though? 
or is he just a competitive professional athlete?

I get it, if he was on our team we would love him, but he’s not so we hate him. 
But let’s give him props.
100 points is just incredible in so few games. 

All the other greats have managed to be great without his character issues.  If he started playing like a man instead of a gutless piece of garbage, I'd consider giving him props.    As it is,  I won't be cheering for him to get up if he gets drilled with a hit.

2 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Ok so against my wishes McD gets his 100th 

now all I want for Mother’s Day is for our boys to ruin the rest of the game for them and pull off a win 

Edler with his 100 for the win!

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
Just now, Apricot said:

The thing is, at least for me, is that I wouldn't even dislike McDavid if it wasn't for the media shoving him down our throat since he was drafted.

I don’t mind him as a player. He doesn’t look like a jacka$$ when he scores like the leafers do. It’s more the fact that they are basically our neighbours/rivalry and media is just nuts about him. But the biggest thing is he gets away with too much and you can’t defend him, the refs will put you in the box. That interference call last game was a perfect example. 

• Hydration 1

mcdavid is not some terrible diver, maybe his first 2 seasons. lately not anymore than i have seen from other players.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Being the best player in the league will do that to ya. 

Was never sick of Crosby or Ovechkin, they had the similar hype. The hype around McDavid and Matthews makes me sick, doesn't matter how good they are. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone else feel like they just watched scripted sports on the level of WWE?

The way the game is officiated now I’m finding it hard to even take it seriously.

My hand is up! 

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

mcdavid is not some terrible diver, maybe his first 2 seasons. lately not anymore than i have seen from other players.

you watching the game?

16 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Savage. I lost interest in hating teams with my guts. It’s actually more enjoyable to watch hockey when you aren’t constantly fuming at the TV when the other team touches the puck. 

I don't know how a person can be a hockey fan when they look for reasons to hate the most talented players. 

• Hydration 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION