The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Well. Was not the result I was looking for considering it was my birthday. Nevertheless, it was a hard fought game that could’ve went either way. Miller, Boyd and Graovac all potted home goals. We played a better overall game and we were probably a good bounce or two away from stealing this one. Move on to the next one. GCG!

Happy day of birth bro

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep Smith has been good.

The Oilers are done as soon as they face a team that can actually make McDavids life hell. 

All facts unless the NHL decides it’s good for the game for Jesus to get a cup. Then again he’s on a Canadian team. 

Gosh I hate being like this but I don’t know what to think anymore 

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

He didn't break any record, let alone a monumental record.

Not an NHL record, but the guy has put up the best season since Lemieux against modern goaltending. That's impressive. Nobody thought anybody was gonna come close to reaching 100 this year. It's a big milestone. I actually laughed at Sportsnet for even mentioning something so ridiculous. 

Let's not pretend that isn't impressive. 

He's playing better than prime Crosby. Lol let's have some perspective here. 

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Well. Was not the result I was looking for considering it was my birthday. Nevertheless, it was a hard fought game that could’ve went either way. Miller, Boyd and Graovac all potted home goals. We played a better overall game and we were probably a good bounce or two away from stealing this one. Move on to the next one. GCG!

Happy birthday Beary 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep Smith has been good.

The Oilers are done as soon as they face a team that can actually make McDavids life hell. 

Only team that has given them trouble are the Habs when they're healthy. There's a small chance they face them in the first round.

3 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Happy McBirthday Beary!

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah embarrassing. Like so obvious. Basically just a slap in the face 

They had the momentum and were also killing the original penalty well... until??

If it was a penalty - you HAD to give oily-guy a penalty too for hyper-embellishment, merely because he put all of the other players out there  at risk of being seriously-cut up by those flailing & flying about skate blades. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

What a talent that McDavid.

No matter who you cheer for, you gotta respect him.  Massive player.

i like him, but his whiney b1tching and slight dirty stuff he does and gets away with it is annyoing and the media fluffing him up as well.

• Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Darius said:

What did you expect ... cheers? Seriously. 

I bet if it were a Canuck getting 100 points you would be the first to put an asterisk beside it.. like 100 points vs 6 teams 3 of which are playing like basic garbage .  That would be the objective you showing up. 

Lol oh come on, man. I can respect the game and our team lol. You do realize half my posts are saying positive things about Canucks players, right? But you over here being such a negative Nancy that you can't read those ones I guess? 

I've probably been on these forums longer than you have cheering on the team lol. 

Edit: cheering on the team on these forums *

Edited by MikeyD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Not an NHL record, but the guy has put up the best season since Lemieux against modern goaltending. That's impressive. Nobody thought anybody was gonna come close to reaching 100 this year. It's a big milestone. I actually laughed at Sportsnet for even mentioning something so ridiculous. 

Let's not pretend that isn't impressive. 

He's playing better than prime Crosby. Lol let's have some perspective here. 

Absolutely impressive but broke no records.

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

All facts unless the NHL decides it’s good for the game for Jesus to get a cup. Then again he’s on a Canadian team. 

Gosh I hate being like this but I don’t know what to think anymore 

Even the refs can’t manage that team to a cup.

Playoffs are a different beast. McDavid won’t be getting his 3 points a game and the Oilers will struggle to win.

If the Jets get going late they’re the exact type of team that can shut the Oilers down.

• Thanks 1