The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Oilers and the Leafs present Canada's best chance at a cup since the Canucks in 2011.

The cup is coming home!

No it’s not. 

• Hydration 2
5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Singh was born in Brooks, Alberta. His parents immigrated to Canada in the 1960s from India.[1] Singh was an avid hockey fan as a child; he and his siblings were fans of Wayne Gretzky and the Edmonton Oilers, and would do mock announcing using toy microphones. He studied broadcasting at Mount Royal University in Calgary, and was accepted into an internship at the TSN sports television network in 2004.

Huh, I've got a two-year diploma from Mount Royal, maybe I should apply to HNIC. At least I don't sound like I'm in desperate need of coffee for most of the game, he was without a doubt the worst hockey announcer I've ever heard at this level. I kept wanting to doze off, and it was a decent game.

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

Oh my!  That’s priceless!! 

Fricken love Thatcher. So happy we have him locked up

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

PK probably hasn't been as good lately either I reckon.

Was top 10 pre covid too.

Just now, MikeyD said:

Lol oh come on, man. I can respect the game and our team lol. You do realize half my posts are saying positive things about Canucks players, right? But you over here being such a negative Nancy that you can't read those ones I guess? 

I've probably been on these forums longer than you have cheering on the team lol. 

Dude I’ve been posting on Internet forums since the early 90s, before this forum existed

i never said mcdavid want good or that his accomplishment isn’t great.

just pointing out that this is a Canuck forum and you calling people stupid for being biased is stupid.  It’s not like a bias in a home team forum isn’t normal.  Putting yourself on a pedestal as a supposed noble and objective observer in  such a context is kinda pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Didn't say it's unusual lol. It's just sad. The guy breaks a monumental record and people are acting as if the guy never worked for a point this season lol. 

There's bias and then there's blatant stupidity. 

So what record did he break? Mario scored 100 points in 38 games.  For sure 100 points is a milestone. 

McDavid is a great player and he’s going to score many points in his career, but he still has a lot of unfinished business, such as playoff success. 

We can all be happy for the guy without getting too carried away

.Maybe he’ll be lucky enough to have a shot at the Cup some day. Time will tell. 

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Absolutely impressive but broke no records.

First and only player to score 100 points in a season with no fans in the building for any game??  That's not a record?

• Hydration 1
18 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Oilers and the Leafs present Canada's best chance at a cup since the Canucks in 2011.

The cup is coming home!

It's kind of amazing to think that anyone who is under 30 years old has never seen a Canadian team win the cup. Truly bizarre. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m kinda happy for the loss, been feeling frisky all day.

Is what it is at this point. I was happy for the effort. PP sucked and PP gifts for the Oilers.

But I liked the effort

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1