The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

18 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

This. I just wish we would be more physical and stop bending over for a W. I know coaches and player want to win, but a what cost. Sacrificing their reputation and lowering draft position. Let's embrace next year already. They did the same a few years ago, kept riding vets and bending over for a few meaningless Ws at the end of the season. 

You cannot ask a player or coach to not only focus on winning, it’s just impossible. I mean sure you can experiment with the lineup and try out different players but the goal each and every game is to win.  If you get a coach or players that are okay with throwing games, I would instantly get rid of them. 

It’s not like Canucks have been bullied or something, our team wins its share of physical battles. 

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

You mean, there's a chance?

But I thought, February 8th, playoffs out of reach, 3 months ago...

He’s been quick to edit that thread to fit his needs 

17 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Classic Canucks. 
Failing to recognize they are out has been one of the biggest reoccurring mistakes this team makes. 

Never do a proper sell at the deadline. 
Never fully embrace playing the kids over vets. 
Always make a push in the last handful of games to ruin their draft position. 

it's weird, not many players are eager to phone it in so that the team can draft players that would more easily take their jobs. 

whoda thunk?

3 minutes ago, tas said:

it's weird, not many players are eager to phone it in so that the team can draft players that would more easily take their jobs. 

whoda thunk?

I don’t think it’s on anyone’s mind. They just got out and play. Some of the players are fighting for jobs and others just have pride 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t think it’s on anyone’s mind. They just got out and play. Some of the players are fighting for jobs and others just have pride 

of course it's not. my point is that there isn't a player in the league who is motivated by the team getting a high draft pick. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tas said:

whoda thunk?

Really?  Can’t understand what I meant by that?

Its not the player decision to sell off vets and play the kids when they are out of contention.....

45 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

actually no. If Montreal loses their last 3 games and we win our remaining 7 we will be tied at 57 but we would have one more regulation win which is the first tiebreaker 

Montreal has to lose their remaining 3 in regulation.  They only need 1 point to clinch 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Really?  Can’t understand what I meant by that?

Its not the player decision to sell off vets and play the kids when they are out of contention.....

so what exactly are lind, rathbone, presumably gadjovich, if not "the kids"?

3 minutes ago, tas said:

so what exactly are lind, rathbone, presumably gadjovich, if not "the kids"?

Funny I keep seeing play the kids. LE is only player sitting out right now

I guess I should edit this. Defence is a little different story 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Why would I do that?  I’ve been a Canuck fan for 30+ years.    

Sorry.

With all your negativity, I've had you on "Ignore" for almost that long.

Didn't realize you were a Canuck fan at all.

Hop back up; the more the merrier.

Just like the Canucks to poop the bed on the biggest stage. FFS, this team needs an overhaul. 

I knew McDavid would get the record. VAN is pretty bad at that, always on the wrong side of a record. 

I suspect they'll keep Green, even though he coached them to a 16-18-3 record before COVID hit them. VAN just loves to hang onto things, whether it's Edler or Eriksson or Virtanen etc. Round and round we go.

Horvat is not a good captain. Sorry, probably a great guy, but he just doesn't do what he has to do to win or have that ability to rally his team. I don't see it anyway.

Looking forward to the Draft. Hopefully Benning doesn't mess that up too.

• RoughGame 1