The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol someone taking his picture flouting his inexplicable status as an "essential worker" isnt life threatening.

The guy is a millionaire. He can probably afford to have his groceries delivered to avoid the appearance of snubbing his nose at people. Its just another glinpse into his judgment as a person to not think just coming back from the US was a good time to go shopping.

It actually felt more like a&^@# you to Gaudette's wife who was eviscerated, by the same fans full throat supporting Benning now, for doing the same thing.

I don’t think either one of them should be eviscerated. Both were operating within the Covid rules and guidelines that were in place.  What those rules should be be is a fair and necessary discussion.

9 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Canucks fans practically burnt down their city. Nothing would surprise me 

Hyperbole.

Pompei was burned down.

Vancouver had a few cars lit up and a bunch of windows broken.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Won't people be surprised when EDM is in the Final 4. Especially TOR ::D

McDavid scores when he wants. No other team has this kind of dominant player. 

Pettersson is a good player, but he's not great. He needs work, to build strength and confidence. Same with Hughes, so skilled but so many mistakes. They're young, too young still. And the vets are lousy. 

What bothers me as well, is they haven't been a contender (or even much of a playoff team) for a decade, and they're still in last place (or the bottom few). What a joke. Are we the new Senators? OTT has some very talented prospects as well, seem further ahead than VAN.

I guess it's just a waiting game now, for the young talent to mature and develop. Hopefully we get another good one this summer.  

Pettersson is great. Not sure what you’re watching

• Cheers 1

Just now, gurn said:

Hyperbole.

Pompei was burned down.

Vancouver had a few cars lit up and a bunch of windows broken.

True. Point is there’s always a looney somewhere. And there was a few of them 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Pettersson is great. Not sure what you’re watching

He’s still disappointed with his slow start lol. Pettersson is a great player. Lucky to have him. Others don’t deserve him 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

He’s still disappointed with his slow start lol. Pettersson is a great player. Lucky to have him. Others don’t deserve him 

Mcdavid has has bad years with the oilers as well or has everyone forgot that? Lol 

(not points wise, team wise i mean)

Edited by Bertuzzipunch
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

True. Point is there’s always a looney somewhere. And there was a few of them 

Organized far left agitators are who did the crap in 2011. Look to Portland and Seattle for what they've morphed into.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t think either one of them should be eviscerated. Both were operating within the Covid rules and guidelines that were in place.  What those rules should be be is a fair and necessary discussion.

Exactly. My point was more to point out people's hypocrisy. Two very similar situations and the same people that chose to call Gaudette and his wife all kinds of things are the same ones defending Benning.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I agree with so much of your post. The pick prior to the Meyers penalty, on the two man advantage. I take nothing away from those two Oilers, but, when they have carte blanche on the opposition it makes you wonder what it takes to get a call. I was shocked when they called McDavid for running an interference on of all Canucks like Gryovac. Who I might add, looks like an option for next season as well.

Agreed with you about Graovac. We need two or three capable minimum wage guys outside of ELC’s, him and Highmore fit nicely!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Won't people be surprised when EDM is in the Final 4. Especially TOR ::D

McDavid scores when he wants. No other team has this kind of dominant player. 

Pettersson is a good player, but he's not great. He needs work, to build strength and confidence. Same with Hughes, so skilled but so many mistakes. They're young, too young still. And the vets are lousy. 

What bothers me as well, is they haven't been a contender (or even much of a playoff team) for a decade, and they're still in last place (or the bottom few). What a joke. Are we the new Senators? OTT has some very talented prospects as well, seem further ahead than VAN.

I guess it's just a waiting game now, for the young talent to mature and develop. Hopefully we get another good one this summer.  

OTT lost on Byram, but aside from that have done an excellent job on their rebuild, and did it two years after one goal away from the final - which would be the equivalent of rebuilding two or three years  or so after when got Luongo in their cycle.  All their best players entering free agency.     Only EK has faltered from that core since moving on. Stone and Zibanejad have become premier stars in this league.    Sure some OTT fans are a little stuck on the "what if we kept them" scenario watching Stone become (and he was excellent in OTT too) a leader and arguably the leagues best all-around forward (Selke type since back then), Zinbanejad become one of the leagues best PGP performers etc. 

Deserve a ton of credit and balls for not doubling down over an over again like they did with Duchene.    I think there is a very good chance they could pass us. Because when it started they already had an above average pool - and the last three years match up well with our best group of 21 and unders very well.   Actually the only other team that does.  

Time will tell.   Both teams missed 4 years in a row.   Both teams also had their fair share of gong show too (ours mostly during the transition between Sedin and the next core...except this year of course).   I'm pretty sure in two or three years all will be forgotten though, no matter who is running the team.   Podz and whomever this year plus what we have ... is a lot too.   

44 minutes ago, xereau said:

We need a speed puck distributing 3C, and true #2 stay at home RD.

Only way I see 3C coming from within is if Miller stays at center, and He and Bo become a 2a 2b scenario, which imo, is a hell of a good idea. Bo suddenly drops back to the checking center role, like Trevor Linden did for this team.

Only way I see a #2 RD coming, is via UFA. It doesn't have to be a 10 million dollar guy, it just has to be someone with experience and the ability to keep up.

Maybe Jet Woo eventually? Kinda like a Bieksa roll for the team. He hasn't looked out of place this year in Utica. He needs some seasoning tho. But he is closer than I thought!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Exactly. My point was more to point out people's hypocrisy. Two very similar situations and the same people that chose to call Gaudette and his wife all kinds of things are the same ones defending Benning.

Are they the same people? 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol someone taking his picture flouting his inexplicable status as an "essential worker" isnt life threatening.

The guy is a millionaire. He can probably afford to have his groceries delivered to avoid the appearance of snubbing his nose at people. Its just another glinpse into his judgment as a person to not think just coming back from the US was a good time to go shopping.

It actually felt more like a&^@# you to Gaudette's wife who was eviscerated, by the same fans full throat supporting Benning now, for doing the same thing.

Benning was well within his rights. He's been getting regularly tested and for all you know he's been vaccinated.  Surmising anything to do with Gaudettes wife is just garbage.  

Creep shot at a failed gotcha moment. I'm embarrassed as a fan.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don’t like it either. I have tried to stay away from that thread and the JV Suspended thread for exactly this reason. People are posting things that are actually causing real harm to someone’s life simply to fit their own narrative and opinions. Neither Gaudette and his wife, nor Jake or his accuser will get justice on a hockey forum. It’s one thing to throw out our opinions on a GM or coaches or the way someone is playing but I don’t want to have any involvement in ruining lives.

I recently saw an unflattering picture online of one of our additions to the team this year and thought very briefly of posting it here. It occurred to me though that this person is starting again and deserves a fair chance. Sometimes we need to put away the tar and feathers and let people be.

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Devron44 said:

All of Canada was cheering against us lol. We are a strange bunch aren’t we. I’ll be happy for another Canadian team but not before we get ours. God help us 

Nope.  You would NEVER see a true Habsfan cheer for the Bruins.  If they did, they weren't a true Habsfan to begin with.

**** the Leafs

**** the Sens

**** the Oilers

**** the Flames

Those fans by and large were cheering for the Bruins.

What the heck, **** the Jets for taking the spot of our old AHL affiliate Manitoba Moose.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

"Many others" here have just ignored what has been said publicly by GMJB.  

He had to sign veterans three years ago because our youth players weren't ready.  He has stated last two years that we won't be going to the free agency market as much because we will finally have our youth ready to step in.  We are seeing it this season. 

If we see any free agent signing (I doubt we will), it will be a player under 30 to grow with our core. 

That's why for me, I didn't understand the Pearson signing dollars and term... I thought we were past that... 

Either go for a legit bonafide top 6 (Toffoli) or fill it internally. Don't do this in between stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1