The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hurricanes sign head coach Rod Brind’Amour to contract extension

Rate this topic

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Hurricanes sign head coach Rod Brind’Amour to contract extension
4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We need to get Green done.  1.8 seems a very fair amount.  Hopefully we offer Green the same deal.  

$1.5m if he insists on keeping Baumgartner and Brown...... $2m if he agrees to replace them

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We need to get Green done.  1.8 seems a very fair amount.  Hopefully we offer Green the same deal.  

I think Green has a hard time getting that, but Rod maybe took a bit of a pay cut too since he was asking for all of his staff to get deals as well. Good leader to have. 

I could see Green being offered around 1 mil or so by our current ownership group. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I think Green has a hard time getting that, but Rod maybe took a bit of a pay cut too since he was asking for all of his staff to get deals as well. Good leader to have. 

I could see Green being offered around 1 mil or so by our current ownership group. 

Clearly 1 isn’t a fair offer.  1.5-2 for three years seems too be the going rate, considering what Rod “The Bod” just got.  I think we will lose Green though.  

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He's getting that already:

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Clearly 1 isn’t a fair offer.  1.5-2 for three years seems too be the going rate, considering what Rod “The Bod” just got.  I think we will lose Green though.  

I think thats a real possibility. I think if Aquilini was offering 1.5 Green would have taken it by now. My spidey sense thinks he's being lowballed. My pet theory is Benning see's Cull as a good plan B. 

I think you can make a case that Rod is worth more and might be a better head coach, but he may just have better staff. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He's getting that already:

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches

McLellan at 5 mil? Wow.

Carolina has seen improvement in play under Brind'Amour. Can't say the Canucks have improved as much under Green.

Green at 1.5 seems like a fair deal but maybe the owners are thinking about a coaching change. And I can't blame them for thinking about it.

Rumor has it that Rod Brind'Amour was the Kraken's first choice for Head Coach because of his connection to Ron Francis, the current Kraken GM.

But this makes a ton of sense. Rod is a Hurricanes legend and he's made for a really good head coach. I do believe that he took a lowball offer and should have been paid in the 2-4 range and probably could've used the Kraken as leverage to get paid more but real estate is cheaper out in the Carolinas so I guess his money will go further over there then it would elsewhere.

Travis Green is on the low end for NHL coaches too so he'll definitely get a raise if his contract is extended. Probably up to 2 million. Still think the Canucks may let Greener walk but it's hard to say. 50/50 right now. If the Canucks decide to fire Benning and Weisbrod I can see the Aquilini's letting the new GM pick his coach.

1 hour ago, khay said:

McLellan at 5 mil? Wow.

Carolina has seen improvement in play under Brind'Amour. Can't say the Canucks have improved as much under Green.

Green at 1.5 seems like a fair deal but maybe the owners are thinking about a coaching change. And I can't blame them for thinking about it.

The Canucks improved every year until this one.  

There has been the odd outlier; Eriksson?  But even guys like Edler were better under Green than real Gud coaches before him...

Boeser, Hughes, Petey were all integrated.  Role players; Motte?

I like Green as a coach.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are you kidding me?

Rod the bod is a better coach. Brindamour has over .640 win avg, Green is .490.

Puts Greens value at 1.38m, but because he isnt even .500 there needs to be a down adjustment. 1.25m is more than fair IMO.

Edit- that said, I'm not in favour of extending Green, Brown or Baumer.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1