Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hurricanes sign head coach Rod Brind’Amour to contract extension

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

My feeling is that ownership wants to put Green's contract off as long as possible because they will have a better idea what income the team may realistically expect for next season.  I mean, if there is going to an unknown period where there will be no fans, maybe they offer him a 1 year bridge deal at the same salary.  Then when the income stream returns to normal (whenever that may be) they can offer him a contract that is in line with his value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Are you kidding me?

Rod the bod is a better coach. Brindamour has over .640 win avg, Green is .490.

 

Puts Greens value at 1.38m, but because he isnt even .500 there needs to be a down adjustment. 1.25m is more than fair IMO.

 

Edit- that said, I'm not in favour of extending Green, Brown or Baumer.

 

 

Green did pretty good in bubble hockey.  Guys do play hard for him.  He’s often compared to Al Arbour.  He’s from Castlegar.   

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alflives said:

Green did pretty good in bubble hockey.  Guys do play hard for him.  He’s often compared to Al Arbour.  He’s from Castlegar.   

I dont care. 

Hes not in the same category as Brindamour, as a player or as a coach.

 

Career winning avg vs career sub .500 "development" coach who really got guys like Jake Virtanen and.. uhhh like uhhh Boeser to "round out" their games.

 

Alf growing rainbows

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I dont care. 

Hes not in the same category as Brindamour, as a player or as a coach.

 

Career winning avg vs career sub .500 "development" coach who really got guys like Jake Virtanen and.. uhhh like uhhh Boeser to "round out" their games.

 

Alf growing rainbows

I like Skittles.  I like Castlegar.   It’s been a nasty year, and Green has kept the guys competing hard.  I’d say a two year deal at 1.5 would be very fair.  Maybe Green turns that down?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Skittles.  I like Castlegar.   It’s been a nasty year, and Green has kept the guys competing hard.  I’d say a two year deal at 1.5 would be very fair.  Maybe Green turns that down?  

Competing hard?

They're awful man. Goddam train wreck

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Competing hard?

They're awful man. Goddam train wreck

The difference between awful and winning in the NHL is a goalie playing like Bubble Demko.  I actually think we are pretty close to be quite good.  Petey, and Bo.  Miller and Boeser.  Hughes and Bone.  Demko.  Young guys like Hogs and Pods.  Schmidt is really good.  We should get another top prospect this draft.  We aren’t that far off.  I think Green can be the coach that wins here.  And I love my blue and green Skittles. :towel:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The difference between awful and winning in the NHL is a goalie playing like Bubble Demko.  I actually think we are pretty close to be quite good.  Petey, and Bo.  Miller and Boeser.  Hughes and Bone.  Demko.  Young guys like Hogs and Pods.  Schmidt is really good.  We should get another top prospect this draft.  We aren’t that far off.  I think Green can be the coach that wins here.  And I love my blue and green Skittles. :towel:

there's also the aspect of coaching that gets the best out of player development. I look at a guy like Copp, e.g. 4th rounder who's now pretty indispensable on WPG. Is that just luck or did Maurice have a big part in that? thats important because we need a coach that can accomplish that and can help with kind of development. Is that Green?

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

there's also the aspect of coaching that gets the best out of player development. I look at a guy like Copp, e.g. 4th rounder who's now pretty indispensable on WPG. Is that just luck or did Maurice have a big part in that? thats important we need a coach that can accomplish that can help with kind of development. Is that Green?

That sounds like Cull could be the guy.  He comes up with several comets?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alflives said:

That sounds like Cull could be the guy.  He comes up with several comets?  

yeah thats part of my running Cull replacing Green theory :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah thats part of my running Cull replacing Green theory :lol:

Green gets “culled”.  

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The difference between awful and winning in the NHL is a goalie playing like Bubble Demko.  I actually think we are pretty close to be quite good.  Petey, and Bo.  Miller and Boeser.  Hughes and Bone.  Demko.  Young guys like Hogs and Pods.  Schmidt is really good.  We should get another top prospect this draft.  We aren’t that far off.  I think Green can be the coach that wins here.  And I love my blue and green Skittles. :towel:

That's the thing tho. Green has had years with this club and I cant point to a single player who has taken leaps and bound under Green's tutelage.

 

And we're not winning.

Dump and chase offense paired with collapsing box defense in &^@#ing painful to watch.

 

We need a new coach.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I would've thought he'd get more $, but the term seems right. 

Tom Dundon is the cheapest of cheapskates. Giving out generous contracts is for him like passing a kidney stone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Friedman on his most recent podcast talks of how NYR would be all over Brin d’Amour if he doesn’t re-sign in Carolina.  There’s an offer on the table but he’s not signed yet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

there's also the aspect of coaching that gets the best out of player development. I look at a guy like Copp, e.g. 4th rounder who's now pretty indispensable on WPG. Is that just luck or did Maurice have a big part in that? thats important because we need a coach that can accomplish that and can help with kind of development. Is that Green?

 

I don't think you get 3 Calder finalists in 3 consecutive years without a coach who knows how to develop talent. I don't think that's the problem.

 

If I had to guesstimate what the problem is, it's the assistant coaches, primarily Baumgartner. But I'd rather can the whole coaching staff than try to keep the status quo.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I don't think you get 3 Calder finalists in 3 consecutive years without a coach who knows how to develop talent. I don't think that's the problem.

 

If I had to guesstimate what the problem is, it's the assistant coaches, primarily Baumgartner. But I'd rather can the whole coaching staff than try to keep the status quo.

yup feel the same way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...