The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Will Lockwood

Rate this topic

imagine if lockwood gad lind gravovac rathbone and podkolzin all on team next yr  rookie central 

buy out roussel hopefully ltir for beagle ferland and eriksson retires and myers taken in expansion 

miller for 1st and a young 3rd line center 

schmidt for a 2nd and decent d prospect

hogs  petey boeser

pearson bo podkolzin 

gadovich  3rd line c lind

lockwood gravovac 

hughes hamonic

juolevi  clarke 

rathbone 

demko

holtby 

sign a enforcer and a right habd dman and we set 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

imagine if lockwood gad lind gravovac rathbone and podkolzin all on team next yr  rookie central 

buy out roussel hopefully ltir for beagle ferland and eriksson retires and myers taken in expansion 

hogs  petey boeser

pearson bo podkolzin 

lockwood gravovac 

hughes hamonic

juolevi  clarke 

rathbone 

demko

holtby 

Oh u have us drafting clarke, i like your style.

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Good for Lockwood. I'm sure he'll have the best seat in the house, watch and learn kid

Yup, seems to be this staffs’ preferred way of developing these rookie; except when they forces themselves in the line up.  Good thing we had rookies that did force themselves in the lineup cause at the very least, we got to watch the future regardless, of the staffs tendency to sit them but I get it - the staff will go with the players they know & trust.

41 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

hogs  petey boeser

pearson bo podkolzin 

lockwood gravovac 

hughes hamonic

juolevi  clarke 

rathbone 

demko

holtby 

At the second you complete a trade that involves Miller you push this team back in 2 years of rebuilding.

we have to feel the bottom 6 and absolutely keep Miller. 
i hope Lockwood would be our excellent 3rd RW, that would limit our research for a 3rd C for the Offense group.
the fourth line of Motte Graovac Hawryluk/McEwen will work. 

In the Dcorp its another story. 
keep Rathbone and let Edler go is the start.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yup. And second in scoring (and assists), in Utica, with 21 points in 24 games, while being tasked with some of the toughest minutes, as their primary 5v5 “matchup” centre and one of their main PKers. He still gets good second tier offensive opportunities (playing behind Sam Anas and the top line), but he has really established himself on the defensive side of the puck, while still managing to score points at a very high rate. 

Jasek really does it all. PP, evens, and PK. He brings high offensive production, very solid defensive contributions, wins faceoffs, drives possession, high energy and work ethic, good pace and skating, high compete level, dogged determination on loose pucks and recoveries, and is just difficult to play against.

He’s really showcasing the type of game in the AHL that you’d want to see from a player who might one day anchor a 4th line (or even a 3rd line) in the NHL.

Good for Lockwood, but good to know this about Jasek too, and hope he does get a call-up next season and a tryout in camp at least for the 3rd/ 4th line C role (compete with Lind and whoever they bring in). 

34 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yup. And second in scoring (and assists), in Utica, with 21 points in 24 games, while being tasked with some of the toughest minutes, as their primary 5v5 “matchup” centre and one of their main PKers. He still gets good second tier offensive opportunities (playing behind Sam Anas and the top line), but he has really established himself on the defensive side of the puck, while still managing to score points at a very high rate. 

Jasek really does it all. PP, evens, and PK. He brings high offensive production, very solid defensive contributions, wins faceoffs, drives possession, high energy and work ethic, good pace and skating, high compete level, dogged determination on loose pucks and recoveries, and is just difficult to play against.

He’s really showcasing the type of game in the AHL that you’d want to see from a player who might one day anchor a 4th line (or even a 3rd line) in the NHL.

EDIT: He also just seems to be a coach’s dream. Converted to centre, from his natural RW position, and just put his head down and got to work re-making himself into Utica’s matchup/shutdown centre, with all situations utility, while continuing to bring the offence. Never complains, just works hard, and does whatever is asked of him by his coaches. That type of mindset and work ethic can be just as important as talent and results, when transitioning into a lesser role, but at a higher level of competition.

I hope it's a situation of the Canucks largely knowing what they have, giving him lots of minutes and usage in Utica and perhaps a little 'hiding' him from Seattle?

Could also be a bit to them so far only calling up kids to play wing (easier position) and relying on more veteran (if 'journeymen') guys so far at C.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

At the second you complete a trade that involves Miller you push this team back in 2 years of rebuilding.

we have to feel the bottom 6 and absolutely keep Miller. 
i hope Lockwood would be our excellent 3rd RW, that would limit our research for a 3rd C for the Offense group.
the fourth line of Motte Graovac Hawryluk/McEwen will work. 

In the Dcorp its another story. 
keep Rathbone and let Edler go is the start.

our teams not gonna content with the dcorp the way it is at the moment regardless schmidt will be 32 and miller will be 30  around time we make playoffs i dont thinm theyd be happy on a team  that has no chance to win a cup in their  prime yrs  i bet they ask to be traded  and yes rathbone should be in over edler hes getting to old and slow