The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gang Warfare in Metro Vancouver - Out of Control?

DonLever

I am always amazed at these Indo Canadian gangs.

In the last 25 years, I have never even heard about any crime committed by Americans of Indian descent.

Majority are well off, own their businesses, work as doctors, engineers, computer geeks etc.

We have around 172k Indians in the metro area and they are the most peaceful non violent ethnic group.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Yeah it’s very rare that crimes are committed by PAL holder’s and with legal firearms, I get an inspection at my home randomly to check on my restricted guns (only twice in the last year)  Maybe if they spent that time going after the real criminals and not some of the most responsible citizens this wouldn’t be an issue, but that doesn’t fit the narrative 

If most PAL holders don't commit crimes wouldn't you say the program is working as it was intended?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I am always amazed at these Indo Canadian gangs.

In the last 25 years, I have never even heard about any crime committed by Americans of Indian descent.

Majority are well off, own their businesses, work as doctors, engineers, computer geeks etc.

We have around 172k Indians in the metro area and they are the most peaceful non violent ethnic group.

Most of them come from families that aren't exactly struggling.  I don't know about Toronto but for most part it really is a Vancouver thing.  In other Canadian cities they are not even remotely a presence like in Van. Similar to how there is no Italian thing out west.  We have our bikers, Triads/Asian gangs, Indos and a few multi racial gangs like the UN and Red Scorpions. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are we, when it comes to gun violence, fast becoming a US city like Chicago?  

Not even remotely close. It is concerning sure but when compared to the worst US cities it pals in comparison. 

16 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Stiffer sentences doesn't work as a deterrent and leads to higher recidivism without the proper programs in place. You know what does work? Legalization and taxation of drugs. Take away their biggest revenue stream while sinking the profits into education and treatment. 

one of the benefits of getting another majority for the liberals is it would give them a window to actually implement this. Its really time, it should be obvious by now that we can't somehow beat criminals and gangs in this game with more policing. I'm not knocking the police, but it does nothing when they show up after the fact and they have almost no means of preventing crime. The police have been handed an impossible task.

A legal/decriminalized safe supply is the only idea that has a chance of working imo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Most of them come from families that aren't exactly struggling.  I don't know about Toronto but for most part it really is a Vancouver thing.  In other Canadian cities they are not even remotely a presence like in Van. Similar to how there is no Italian thing out west.  We have our bikers, Triads/Asian gangs, Indos and a few multi racial gangs like the UN and Red Scorpions. 

Even when it comes to gangs Canadians are inclusive.

Two largest gangs in Chicago Metro are vice lords and gangster disciples.

Out of 50k members, you would be hard pressed to find 2 non black persons.

Latin kings might have few whites and blacks but overall, all these gangs are racially segregated.

12 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Latin kings might have few whites and blacks but overall, all these gangs are racially segregated.

Ya it's pretty odd here too honestly. Bikers don't allow black people, black gangs aren't out west but in TO are by nationality mostly and in Montreal a group of African descent are on the rise and even took on the Rizzuto clan at one point. 

6 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Besides the United Nations gang that was started here in the lower mainland. 

I don't believe this.  Theres no gangs and guns.  Trudeau outlawed all the guns didn't he?  He said all people with guns were bad people.

Oh wait that was just legal law abiding citizens he went after considering whats the stat like 95% of gun related crimes are illegal imported guns.

Its to bad him and Jag won't team up and push with the Cons on harder sentences.  Cons had that as one of their platforms but Liberals just pander and NDP want to reform people. Our sentences are pathetic here, theres no incentive for these guys to give up this life, I just hope and pray no innocents are harmed and they only manage to pick off each other. 

5 hours ago, Russ said:

I don't believe this.  Theres no gangs and guns.  Trudeau outlawed all the guns didn't he?  He said all people with guns were bad people.

Oh wait that was just legal law abiding citizens he went after considering whats the stat like 95% of gun related crimes are illegal imported guns.

Its to bad him and Jag won't team up and push with the Cons on harder sentences.  Cons had that as one of their platforms but Liberals just pander and NDP want to reform people. Our sentences are pathetic here, theres no incentive for these guys to give up this life, I just hope and pray no innocents are harmed and they only manage to pick off each other. 

Longer sentences and more jails doesnt work. The Cons wanted to emulate US prison style under Harpoon and have no plan for jack $&!# now. Hows the US doing with this problem on a far worse scale......

On 5/10/2021 at 12:48 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Good thing they are putting in more gun control. Sure helps with the gun smuggling, illegal firearms purchases, and stopping gang violence. 

Maybe if the feds put money into stiffer sentences, and more police enforcing the laws. 

Trudeau is such a knee jerk wanker. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 4:54 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

25 years ago it was the Indo Canadian gangs battling each other?  Or the Hells Angels in deals or power plays for drug supremacy.

Or for a hot date with Gillian Guess... 

What is it now?

Real Estate. 

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:27 PM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

If most PAL holders don't commit crimes wouldn't you say the program is working as it was intended?

Previously yes but now the rhetoric from the liberals is all about black guns bad, why ban a bunch of guns last year if they weren’t a problem or contributing to crime? This ban essentially turned many legal gun owners into criminals over night. As you said the program was working as intended, which makes their gun grab not about fixing any problems, but vilifying legal responsible citizens while the criminals continue to get their illegal guns and commit crimes