The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Heretic said:

Sigh....why can't the Canucks just lose outright...forget this crapola about "playing for next year"...if you are playing for next year where were you when it mattered???

I just want a decent draft pick...

We will be in the top 10, I promise!  

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

You :bigblush: I’m a pasta addict 

onion

garlic

sautéed in olive oil until translucent     

add best quality ground beef you can buy, brown and smash with a potato masher or side of spatula to bust em all up while they release their juices 

once half way browned, add dried basil, oregano, and your favourite chili flakes (if using fresh herbs wait until later when pasta is being mixed with the sauce) [I also add a few anchovy fillets or some dashes of Vietnamese fish sauce if I don't feel like opening a new jar of fish... tonight was Red Boat fish sauce] 

squish some San Marzano tomatoes with your hand and add them to the pot. Don't blend them as it makes them watery.

I only simmer my quick sauces for 25 - 30 mins

Cook your pasta of choice for 1 MINUTE UNDER the package time, then strain and mix with your sauce. Reserve a cup or 2 of the pasta water. I like something hollow, with ridges, or solid but super craggily. Anything that can cradle a rich, beefy sauce.  

*Right before adding your pasta to the sauce, mix in 1 tbsp of nice butter per portion to velvet it up  

After adding your pasta and cooking for 1 more minute, adding water as needed to keep it nicely juicy, bite a noodle to check for al dente, plate, grate copious amounts of parmesan, grana padano, or pecorino romano, drizzle with a sexy Italian olive oil, slam a bottle of red wine, and party on  

if you have any questions, fire away; I'm pretty tired and did not proof read this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah he does that, like nothing will go in on him. I think he’s going to be one of the best for a long time. 5 mill cap hit too. Damn that’s fine

He’s wasn’t happy about being part of “McDavid “ history lol 

Refocused amd determined to win , love it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

Ha! Everbody remembers that one! 

I suspect that there would be some NHL players who wouldn't might doing it, but there's a wrong type of glass getting in the way of drinking.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

He’s wasn’t happy about being part of “McDavid “ history lol 

Refocused amd determined to win , love it 

Yeah I loved his quotes after that game. That’s the right attitude 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

onion

garlic

add best quality ground beef you can buy, brown and smash with a potato masher or side of spatula to bust em all up while they release their juices 

once half way browned, add dried basil, oregano, and your favourite chili flakes (if using fresh herbs wait until later when pasta is being mixed with the sauce) [I also add a few anchovy fillets or some dashes of Vietnamese fish sauce if I don't feel like opening a new jar of fish... tonight was Red Boat fish sauce] 

squish some San Marzano tomatoes with your hand and add them to the pot. Don't blend them as it makes them watery.

Cook your pasta of choice for 1 MINUTE UNDER the package time, then strain and mix with your sauce. Reserve a cup or 2 of the pasta water. I like something hollow, with ridges, or solid but super craggily. Anything that can cradle a rich, beefy sauce.  

*Right before adding your pasta to the sauce, mix in 1 tbsp of nice butter per portion to velvet it up  

After adding your pasta and cooking for 1 more minute, adding water as needed to keep it nicely juicy, bite a noodle to check for al dente, plate, grate copious amounts of parmesan, grana padano, or pecorino romano, drizzle with a sexy Italian olive oil, slam a bottle of red wine, and party on  

if you have any questions, fire away; I'm pretty tired and did not proof read this

Sounds amazing....I am currently on Tinder looking for the sexy Italian olive oil....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Dive.

You mean number 9 on the Jets?  Yes, totally a dive, I wish they would embarass players that dive, we don't want the game to go the same direction as soccer 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

onion

garlic

So, you're making enough for everyone here...?

regards,  G.

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

onion

garlic

Thanks ! sounds delish, definitely gonna  try this one, I’m always up to try new pasta sauces ::D

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I never seen a team suck there way into the playoffs like Montreal did 

To be fair. They’ve been playing 4 games a week for over a month since the covid shutdown and they’ve been missing Gallagher Drouin, Danault, Tatar, Weber, Price and Byron