Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Gauds

Jake

EP regressed under Green 

better still name a player he developed? 

IMO you've picked up on the loathing ever since we came back from COVID. I don't remember you nearly as harsh before but maybe I haven't been paying much attention.

I'd like to see him gone too but you're in a minority with how badly you want it.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

I would like to see a new coach with  a new attitude and a winning track record.  Not that much to ask for.  Green is just not a great coach and he is overrated for having a record that is worse than Willy D.

I would really like to send the players a message that we are turning the page in a positive way going into next year. 

i think this team can definitely be on the rise but I don't have confidence in Willy 2.0

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Why didn't the Gadj play? He was available.

Only got to take the morning skate with the team after not being on the ice for 7 days.  

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Question is JB pissed that Green played Benn all year blocking Juolevi.  So JB trades Juolevi and says ok he will now play the rest of the year.  Then Green still sits him?

Do JB and Green see eye to eye or if JB goes to Aqua in the off season and says I am gonna let Green go but I want to stay does Aqua say ok - cuz JB is under contract and Green is not? (Money).

Hmmm.

I wonder whether both or one or none will be here by next season start.

I don't know - but it's hard to figure why OJ hasn't played more.

I wish someone would ask this question - in a level-headed way - so we have an answer.

Personally I hadn't thought of a rift on the matter between Benning and Green - I've been wondering if Juolevi might be recovering - whether they may be trying to avoid too much exposure - is his knee good? - are they inching him in for a reason?  - those kinds of questions - but I hope it's not a difference of opinion.  For me - he's looked like a no-brainer fixture of the future blueline. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Yet his followers think he develops you g players 

he does not develop young players, he wrecks them 

He’s doing the kid a favour. Empty net Hattie is an empty moment when it is so much more meaningful with a goalie in the net. He’s saying, “ Hogs, you’ll have this chance again because you’re good and you’ll have long career in this league. Do it right”. 

or he could just be a wrecker, like you suggest.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IMO you've picked up on the loathing ever since we came back from COVID. I don't remember you nearly as harsh before but maybe I haven't been paying much attention.

I'd like to see him gone too but you're in a minority with how badly you want it.

I see the coaches as our greatest weakness

we can be so much better with competent coaching 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Gauds

Jake

EP regressed under Green 

better still name a player he developed? 

Sorry, I can't jump on the Gauds bandwagon just yet. We'll see now he does once the new team euphoria rubs off.

Jake is not Green's fault.  Jake is Jake's fault.

EP has regressed due to injuries.  He'll be back on board for next season.

The rest of the young players seem to be fine.  Obviously it's been a tough year for all of them, but they're a resilient bunch and appear to be bouncing back. 

• Cheers 1