Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic


-SN-

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Sitting out OJ continues to baffle me. I guess who do they take out? I can’t see Rathbone sitting out a game ever again. Looks legit.

 

Wish there was some real clarity. Green not comfortable with him? Cap? Bonuses? Cautious of past injuries? I understood there was some Cap stuff previously but after Benn was gone shouldn’t have been a issue? 
 

Maybe they saving him so he can still be a rookie next year and win the Calder? LOL

 

There hasn’t really been anything in my view that signals bad play etc? I continue to be baffled on this one 

So next year we know Juolevi Rathbone and Hughes will play. 

So will myers and Schmidt. 

Hamonic hopefully comes back. Do they re-sign Edler? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Really and play him against Vegas or some of the other big teams. Highmore is bottom 6 border line player. 

I'd like to see what he can do with regular ice time with a team that believes in him.  Anyways yeah smart money is on him being a fringe NHLer, but he's trending well from what I've seen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Sitting out OJ continues to baffle me. I guess who do they take out? I can’t see Rathbone sitting out a game ever again. Looks legit.

 

Wish there was some real clarity. Green not comfortable with him? Cap? Bonuses? Cautious of past injuries? I understood there was some Cap stuff previously but after Benn was gone shouldn’t have been a issue? 
 

Maybe they saving him so he can still be a rookie next year and win the Calder? LOL

 

There hasn’t really been anything in my view that signals bad play etc? I continue to be baffled on this one 

I'm with you there. I thought he was playing well, but we needed to showcase Benn. Now, I'm truly baffled.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

I'm with you there. I thought he was playing well, but we needed to showcase Benn. Now, I'm truly baffled.

When Edler's gone, OJ starts getting way bigger minutes and more important icetime. He's just learning still. Eddies clearly in to get his 100th. Everyone should be feeding him pucks till he buries it too heh.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Still wish someone would have asked Green why he didnt put Hoglander out with the empty net. He must have his reasons but it would be nice if he explained it once in awhile.

Maybe he wants to see the kid get a legit hat trick for his 1st? He'll get one too, another star is in the making here on the Canucks.


$&!#ty season, but again the future looks bright in several regards.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see all this Myers hate this season but Schmidt has come out of this season relatively unscathed. 

Is he that much better than Myers? 

I see him make bad reads, turn pucks over etc but I keep telling myself that he's a good defensemen and will play like his old Vegas self. 

Am I the only one? 

The pairing of Schmidt Edler was a disaster tonight. Were they playing Winnipeg's top line that gave our other D pairings easier matchups? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Deets said:

How much more specific you want me to be? Play the young players. Get them more experience. Get a better draft pick.

 

Not sure if you're being obtuse, or if you just have poor reading comprehension?

 

 

When has less wins equaled a better draft pick for us?

Expecting to be rewarded for losing fails most of the time and would have cost us Petey and possibly Quinn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Let's put that 16:20 into perspective. 

 

He was the only d-man to get a point. He led all d-men in shots on goal. He led all d-men in hits. He was second in blocked shots only to Edler (5 to 4). And he did all of this with the lowest TOI of any d-men! Yeah, I would say he looked pretty good.


Worth noting that he was playing with Hamonic a lot tonight. What a valuable guy he is becoming. Let’s hope we can get him re-signed.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I see all this Myers hate this season but Schmidt has come out of this season relatively unscathed. 

Is he that much better than Myers? 

I see him make bad reads, turn pucks over etc but I keep telling myself that he's a good defensemen and will play like his old Vegas self. 

Am I the only one? 

The pairing of Schmidt Edler was a disaster tonight. Were they playing Winnipeg's top line that gave our other D pairings easier matchups? 

Schmidt actually has good underlying numbers, but the eye test doesn’t look great. He hasn’t been a perfect fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

So next year we know Juolevi Rathbone and Hughes will play. 

So will myers and Schmidt. 

Hamonic hopefully comes back. Do they re-sign Edler? 

I’m starting to get the vibe that edler retires at the end of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, khay said:

I’m starting to get the vibe that edler retires at the end of the season. 

Yeah same. He's been so consistent for so long, but this has been a down season for him. Although I think he might want to end on a high note.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I see all this Myers hate this season but Schmidt has come out of this season relatively unscathed. 

Is he that much better than Myers? 

I see him make bad reads, turn pucks over etc but I keep telling myself that he's a good defensemen and will play like his old Vegas self. 

Am I the only one? 

The pairing of Schmidt Edler was a disaster tonight. Were they playing Winnipeg's top line that gave our other D pairings easier matchups? 

Ya usually Schmidt/Edler have the assignment against the other teams top line.  I have to admit though, Edler has looked like father time has gotten to him this year.  Not shooting the puck as much, and the shot looks a lot weaker too.  It's time to hang em up.

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NaveJoseph said:

I think people are overreacting about Hoglander not being put out for the empty netter. 


You’re probably right, I was kind of ticked for a bit but I’m over it now. I agree with amigo though I would have been interested to hear Travis’ answer. At least Eddie was out for a while at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

With a 1 goal lead I get it. But with a 2 goal lead you have to give the kid a shot. Although Hoglander is solid enough defensively to be out there defending a 1 goal lead.

I could be wrong but Hoglander was out right before the goalie was pulled and the puck was iced 2 or 3 times. They panned to the bench just before the last icing and both Hogs and Brock were standing up waiting for a change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...