The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

On 6/15/2021 at 2:54 PM, Vanisleryan said:

I’d be shocked if the move Byfield. Having a star African American hockey player in LA to build their brand around is a pretty big deal for their market imho.

Not a chance in hell they trade Byfield for Eichels overrated ass.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, DeNiro said:

I doubt that factors into their negotiations.

Plus it’s what Buffalo wants not what LA wants.

Byfield projects to be a first line star. Vilardi is more like a 2nd/3rd liner. They’ll want a star player for their star player at the very minimum.

Not sure how you pin Vilardi as a 2nd or 3rd liner.  Hes been a first line star at every level and the kings are fully expecting him.to play on their top line down the road.

30 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Not sure how you pin Vilardi as a 2nd or 3rd liner.  Hes been a first line star at every level and the kings are fully expecting him.to play on their top line down the road.

If you mean in junior yes.

Lots of second and third liners were their teams best player in junior. Doesn’t mean he’ll be a first liner in the NHL.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sure why not add cap hell to our problems. No thank you to the Toronto plan. 

We are definitely not after Eichel.  No team with even one 10 million dollar play has won the Cup.  We don’t want Eichel, and his 10 million cap cost.  Ha ha ha!  Stupid Loser Leafs have three guys getting over 10 million!  

There is only one player I’d want us to have who we would pay 10 to, and it’s not any guy making 10 or more now.  (Hedman) 

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are definitely not after Eichel.  No team with even one 10 million dollar play has won the Cup.  We don’t want Eichel, and his 10 million cap cost.  Ha ha ha!  Stupid Loser Leafs have three guys getting over 10 million!  

There is only one player I’d want us to have who we would pay 10 to, and it’s not any guy making 10 or more now.  (Hedman) 

I wonder what this fanbase would do if Jim actually went out and got JE? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve never been impressed by this player. I think he is overpaid, heartless and now damaged goods (his injury looks long lasting).

The Buffalo organization and Eichel will be surprised with the little interest other GMs will have in him. No one is going to pay any sort of ransom for him.

The only way I see the Canucks potentially acquire him is something like:

Loui Eriksson, our 1st and a B grade prospect for Eichel (we may even need them to also retain 2M per year as well). If we could also throw in Rousell their way, that would also be nice.

Edited by grandmaster

On 6/15/2021 at 1:37 PM, DeNiro said:

I think the Kings end up landing Eichel.

Something like Byfield, 8OA, and Klague.

I’ve read that the Kings will not give up Byfield. Buffalo apparently asked and LA said no.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/rinkroyalty.com/2021/05/17/la-kings-tsn-says-byfield-non-starter-jack-eichel-trade/amp/

Edited by grandmaster

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I’ve never been impressed by this player. I think he is overpaid, heartless and now damaged goods (his injury looks long lasting).

The Buffalo organization and Eichel will be surprised with the little interest other GMs will have in him. No one is going to pay any sort of ransom for him.

The only way I see the Canucks potentially acquire him is something like:

Loui Eriksson, our 1st and a B grade prospect for Eichel (we may even need them to also retain 2M per year as well). If we could also throw in Rousell their way, that would also be nice.

Buffalo might actually want to use Loui's 6 mil AAV to hit the floor for next year, once they trade JE and Risto they will have 46 mil in cap space :shock:

No way they retain salary on JE tho. 

But if we could trade for Risto that included sending Loui and not the 9th that would be nice. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Buffalo might actually want to use Loui's 6 mil AAV to hit the floor for next year, once they trade JE and Risto they will have 46 mil in cap space :shock:

No way they retain salary on JE tho. 

But if we could trade for Risto that included sending Loui and not the 9th that would be nice. 

One can only hope Re some salary retention. 10M is a lot of money for a team to take onto their Cap. Yes LE would save us for one year with the 6M but there are too many years to go with that salary, for any team!

Just now, grandmaster said:

One can only hope Re some salary retention. 10M is a lot of money for a team to take onto their Cap. Yes LE would save us for one year with the 6M but there are too many years to go with that salary, for any team!

thats true, its a lot of $ for a very long time for a guy with questions surrounding him.

For Risto, I'd be hoping for something like Lind, 4th, Loui for Risto. Any more and its not worth it since its just a 1 year guarantee til he's a UFA. 

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats true, its a lot of $ for a very long time for a guy with questions surrounding him.

For Risto, I'd be hoping for something like Lind, 4th, Loui for Risto. Any more and its not worth it since its just a 1 year guarantee til he's a UFA. 

I like your idea of focussing on a RD and that makes more sense. Problem is that Risto has been historically a minus player in every season he has played, and in my opinion, a defenceman can’t be that way. I know Buffalo has always been crap but that concerns me.

3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

I like your idea of focussing on a RD and that makes more sense. Problem is that Risto has been historically a minus player in every season he has played, and in my opinion, a defenceman can’t be that way. I know Buffalo has always been crap but that concerns me.

its hard to sift out what's crap in Buffalo, thats true. Thats why I wouldn't want to pay much for him and I don't think many GMs will either. 

Thats why Reinhart is an interesting idea, he's been good on $&!#e teams, even without Eichel on his line. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:54 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

Not to mention his general douchiness, self entitled behaviour, and sense of inflated self worth.

Exactly since Eriksson was signed by Benning we all know Eriksson is a character guy and great in the locker room