The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Rumour is that they want 6 pieces.

A young top 6 center, a top 4 D man, a 1st round pick and three prospects.

The Sabres ask from the Hawks was rumoured to be Dach, the 11th, and then 4 more pieces.

thats just not going to happen in todays flat cap world. Add to that the injury uncertainly. 

A deep team could maybe come up with the 1st, two roster guys and one prospect but I wouldn't want it to be the Canucks. 

I'd want that 1st to be next years too, and contingent on Eichels health. If he doesn't play say 50 games then it would be a 2nd. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

thats just not going to happen in todays flat cap world. Add to that the injury uncertainly. 

A deep team could maybe come up with the 1st, two roster guys and one prospect but I wouldn't want it to be the Canucks. 

We don’t even have the pieces to facilitate a trade regardless.

They want a center 25 or under and there’s no way we’re trading Petey.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Vancouver is set on 1st and 2nd centermen. 3rd and 4th line centers are the need.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't think they are going to get it. If you trade away your best young C and Eichel turns out to be damaged goods, you team is screwed. Its a fireable mistake for a GM.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, SirCosmoDuffGordon said:

Teams should learn from San Jose and Erik Karlson. Eichel is a top 5 centre in the league if healthy. He's not healthy though and he may never be healthy. That injury could be something that forces him to retire. 

I dont think thats true. From what i hear he will be back next season. The issue is he wants surgery but the team wants him to rest. Even with surgery he can recover in 8 weeks i hear.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Rumour is that they want 6 pieces.

A young top 6 center, a top 4 D man, a 1st round pick and three prospects.

The Sabres ask from the Hawks was rumoured to be Dach, the 11th, and then 4 more pieces.

Ok, I got this...
Focht (you didn't say what league they had to be a top 6 in...)
Myers
We trade our 9th down to the 30th pick and put that pick in
Jasek, Palmu, and Chatfield

Of course... they need to eat some salary to even it out so they can have Ferland as some gravy on that deal.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I dont think thats true. From what i hear he will be back next season. The issue is he wants surgery but the team wants him to rest. Even with surgery he can recover in 8 weeks i hear.

It is true. 

“It's been speculated and discussed from Jack's camp about potentially having a surgery that's never been done on a National Hockey League player before,” Adams said. “Our doctors aren't comfortable with that.”

Rehab isn't guaranteed to work and surgery is a wild card

“There's a high probability that through a conservative rehab approach, you are able to avoid surgery and you're able to come back and perform at the top of your game,” Adams added. “That is what everybody agreed upon and that’s the hope that we all still have. What I want to make sure you all understand is we’re still in that window.”

If he elected for the surgery and it didn't work he isn't going to be playing hockey. If the rehab doesn't work he won't be the same player. 

Too much risk for my blood when I see what the Sabres want. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SirCosmoDuffGordon said:

It is true. 

Rehab isn't guaranteed to work and surgery is a wild card

If he elected for the surgery and it didn't work he isn't going to be playing hockey. If the rehab doesn't work he won't be the same player. 

Too much risk for my blood when I see what the Sabres want. 

On 650 this morning they had a guest who sounded like the surgery is for certain.  He said Eichel wanted the surgery right away, so he could begin to recover and get ready to play.  Sounds like a very serious injury.  Sabres will still have Eichel this coming October.  What team will give up important assets for that risk?  

Sabres need to make a trade before Eichels NMC kicks in after next season.  Otherwise they'll get a poor return (like Vancouver did when they traded Kesler).

Best bet would be a 1st , 2nd, young prospect, and a roster player.  Not the best value for Eichel.  But factors in that he wants out, possible surgery,  rehab, may not be same player after surgery,  etc.

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

On 650 this morning they had a guest who sounded like the surgery is for certain.  He said Eichel wanted the surgery right away, so he could begin to recover and get ready to play.  Sounds like a very serious injury.  Sabres will still have Eichel this coming October.  What team will give up important assets for that risk?  

the only deal I'd want Jim to do is something like two conditional 1sts, starting next year. If Eichel plays 60 games each year Buffalo gets our 1st, if not, a 3rd. 

I know they'd laugh and hang up, but I wouldn't trade certain assets for him with that neck problem, its too big a gamble. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Monohan, Anderson, and the 12th?

Seems like a Buffalo trade.

Considering the potential career ending neck injury Eichel has the Sabres would be insane not to grab a deal like that.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2