Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.


Recommended Posts

 

FANTASY TOP 100 FORWARDS

Standard fantasy categories include goals, assists, plus/minus, power-play points, shots on goal and hits for skaters. Value has been quantified based on factors including but not limited to past production in the regular season and Stanley Cup Playoffs, line combinations, power-play usage, injury history or concern (INJ. for injured or DTD for day to day), age, contract status (potential 2021 unrestricted free agents: *; potential 2021 restricted free agents: **) and overall upside for next season. Positions indicate each forward's fantasy eligibility for this season in season-long leagues this season. These rankings are a collaborative effort by Pete Jensen and Rob Reese.

 

 

 

1. Connor McDavid, C, EDM
2. Nathan MacKinnon, C, COL
3. Leon Draisaitl, C/LW, EDM
4. Auston Matthews, C, TOR
5. Brad Marchand, LW, BOS
6. Artemi Panarin, LW, NYR (INJ.)
7. Nikita Kucherov, RW, TBL
8. Sidney Crosby, C, PIT
9. Mikko Rantanen, RW, COL
10. Alex Ovechkin, LW, WSH*
11. David Pastrnak, RW, BOS
12. Patrick Kane, RW, CHI
13. Mitchell Marner, RW, TOR
14. Brady Tkachuk, LW, OTT**
15. Jonathan Huberdeau, LW, FLA
16. Mika Zibanejad, C, NYR
17. Aleksander Barkov, C, FLA
18. Sebastian Aho, C, CAR
19. Brayden Point, C/RW, TBL
20. Kirill Kaprizov, LW/RW, MIN**
21. Andrei Svechnikov, LW/RW, CAR**
22. John Tavares, C, TOR (INJ.)
23. Patrice Bergeron, C, BOS
24. Jake Guentzel, LW/RW, PIT
25. Gabriel Landeskog, C/LW, COL*
26. Mark Stone, RW, VGK
27. Max Pacioretty, LW, VGK
28. Steven Stamkos, C/LW/RW, TBL
29. Mark Scheifele, C, WPG (suspended)
30. Jack Eichel, C, BUF (INJ.)
31. Elias Pettersson, C, VAN** (INJ.)
32. Ryan O'Reilly, C, STL
33. Alex DeBrincat, LW/RW, CHI
34. Kyle Connor, LW, WPG
35. Evgeni Malkin, C, PIT (INJ.)
36. Nicklas Backstrom, C, WSH
37. Matthew Tkachuk, LW/RW, CGY
38. Jason Robertson, LW, DAL
39. Ondrej Palat, LW, TBL
40. Nikolaj Ehlers, LW/RW, WPG
41. Evgeny Kuznetsov, C, WSH

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Calgary does seem like a good destination for Eichel. 

 

Tkachuk + Monahan + 1st 

 

I don't think Buffalo does this. They already have trouble keeping their star players, Tkachuk fast tracked himself to free agency with his contract and wants to play in his hometown. I believe he is due for 9m next season too. Monahan is a second line center without little Johhny dishing him the puck and that 12th in a not so deep draft isnt much. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/24/2021 at 9:06 PM, BabychStache said:

Calgary does seem like a good destination for Eichel. 

 

Tkachuk + Monahan + 1st 

 

 

Buffalo is apparently only looking for futures.  Trading Eichel guarantees a rebuild.   Tkachuk and Monahan are probably not what they are looking for - both are 2 years to UFA.  Can't rebuild a team with players likely leaving in 2 seasons.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mll said:

 

 

Buffalo is apparently only looking for futures.  Trading Eichel guarantees a rebuild.   Tkachuk and Monahan are probably not what they are looking for - both are 2 years to UFA.  Can't rebuild a team with players likely leaving in 2 seasons.  

 

Tkachuck is young enough to build a young core around. But I don't see how Monahan would be a player Buffalo need

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Tkachuck is young enough to build a young core around. But I don't see how Monahan would be a player Buffalo need

He’s 2 years to UFA - he has1 year left but has arbitration rights which gives him the leverage to hit free agency and explore the market.  Buffalo is heading into a rebuild and might be a tough sell to keep him around.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

So when is Eichel getting his neck surgery?  Imagine trading assets for this guy, and he shows up to camp in a neck brace.  No team is giving up important pieces until Jack proves he can still play.  

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Weird how he wants this surgery and the team keeps saying no. What’s the deal with that? Is it that high risk of an op?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Weird how he wants this surgery and the team keeps saying no. What’s the deal with that? Is it that high risk of an op?

No NHLer has ever had the surgery so they’re really concerned it will affect his ability to play at a high level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No NHLer has ever had the surgery so they’re really concerned it will affect his ability to play at a high level.

Another reason to stay clear of him and his overpaid 10M Cap. The funny thing is,  Buffalo wants a king’s ransom for him, lol!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2021 at 1:16 AM, iinatcc said:

Tkachuck is young enough to build a young core around. But I don't see how Monahan would be a player Buffalo need

Tkachuk isnt a piece you want to build a core around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Tkachuk isnt a piece you want to build a core around.

What I am hearing from the media is that he actually a heart and soul leader

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

What I am hearing from the media is that he actually a heart and soul leader

Your obvs hearing things. 

 

Tkachuks own teammates wont defend him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Another reason to stay clear of him and his overpaid 10M Cap. The funny thing is,  Buffalo wants a king’s ransom for him, lol!!

How is Eichel over paid?  The kid is an absolute stud. 

 

Bad attitude? Yes. Possible injury issues, yes.  But as a hockey player hes a top 5 F in the game.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

How is Eichel over paid?  The kid is an absolute stud. 

 

Bad attitude? Yes. Possible injury issues, yes.  But as a hockey player hes a top 5 F in the game.

 

 

Give me a break.

 

He doesn’t even belong in the same category last seasons top 20 point getters:

 

1 CA Connor McDavid
2 CA Leon Draisaitl
3 CA Brad Marchand
4 CA Mitchell Marner
5 CA Auston Matthews
6 CA Mikko Rantanen
7 CA Patrick Kane
8 CA Nathan MacKinnon
9 CA Mark Scheifele
10 CA Sidney Crosby
11 CA Mark Stone
12 CA Jonathan Huberdeau
13 CA Aleksander Barkov
14 CA David Perron
15 CA Artemi Panarin
16 CA Sebastian Aho
17 CA Jake Guentzel
18 CA Alex DeBrincat
19 CA Ryan O'Reilly
20 CA Nicklas Bäckström

 

I would take any of the above 20 players over Jack the whiner, injured and overpaid Eichel

 

I would also prefer EP over him as well. 
 

Yes he was and still is injured but he has not proven to be a better player than all these folks (I may defer Guentzel, DeBrincat & Perron as lesser players).

 

 
Edited by grandmaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Give me a break.

 

He doesn’t even belong in the same category last seasons top 20 point getters:

 

1 CA Connor McDavid
2 CA Leon Draisaitl
3 CA Brad Marchand
4 CA Mitchell Marner
5 CA Auston Matthews
6 CA Mikko Rantanen
7 CA Patrick Kane
8 CA Nathan MacKinnon
9 CA Mark Scheifele
10 CA Sidney Crosby
11 CA Mark Stone
12 CA Jonathan Huberdeau
13 CA Aleksander Barkov
14 CA David Perron
15 CA Artemi Panarin
16 CA Sebastian Aho
17 CA Jake Guentzel
18 CA Alex DeBrincat
19 CA Ryan O'Reilly
20 CA Nicklas Bäckström

 

I would take any of the above 20 players over Jack the whiner, injured and overpaid Eichel

 

I would also prefer EP over him as well. 
 

Yes he was and still is injured but he has not proven to be a better player than all these folks (I may defer Guentzel, DeBrincat & Perron as lesser players).

 

 

I'd also probably take Eichel over Marner, Rantanen, Scheifle, Backstrom, and maybe Crosby at his current age. That puts him in the the top 10-15 range for forwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Vegas can move Fleury to create cap space, then I think they will have a crack at Eichel.....in exchange for Glass + Krebs + a couple of 1st round picks....for example

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AK_19 said:

I'd also probably take Eichel over Marner, Rantanen, Scheifle, Backstrom, and maybe Crosby at his current age. That puts him in the the top 10-15 range for forwards.

I disagree on the players you just mentioned except for maybe Backstrom. Regardless, we can at least both agree that Eichel is not a top 5 forward like the other poster CanuckGAME mentioned! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...