Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.


Recommended Posts

JE for Miller + JV + Schmidt + 2nd round pick?

 

Lol.

 

Dunno what JE is worth since he wants out and still injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They likely want firsts and top prospects around Dahlin's age or younger for Eichel. I remember them saying the equivalent of 5 1sts.

 

Getting rid of him would spark another rebuild. They would build around Dahlin who's just turned 21 for sure.

Seems like a thing the Flyers would do since they have a history of having no problem giving up picks for a player (i.e Kesler and Weber)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The other connections being talked about are the Rangers... all the Boston connections and the owner likely wanting to make a big splash.

They have the assets to make it happen if Buffalo wants picks and young players back.

I would try to pry Chytil off the Rangers for a 3C option if they needed to make some roster spots to fit Eichel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Provost said:

On another thread I suggested the Miller and Boeser for Eichel... it hurts enough that it seems pretty fair.  

... But why?

 

EP and Horvat are a solid 1-2 punch down the middle. Why would we spend all of our quality winger depth for another one?

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Still they are likely gonna look for a buuunch of rebuilding assets and whoever is willing to cough up the most will net him.

 

A team like the Habs is more suited for this deal.

well... maybe? don't forget JE's NMC kicks in after next season. And they've already got two huge contracts on older guys in Price and Weber. Yes they have the picks to burn, and someone like Kotkaneimi would go back in the deal, but if this doesn't work out MTL has some real cap issues.

 

I think JE may have purposely just lowered his trade value with this candid interview on his health to get a deal moving. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iinatcc said:

Seems like a thing the Flyers would do since they have a history of having no problem giving up picks for a player (i.e Kesler and Weber)

Look for a team with a good prospect pool/young players and a dire need of a high end C.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Provost said:

The other connections being talked about are the Rangers... all the Boston connections and the owner likely wanting to make a big splash.

They have the assets to make it happen if Buffalo wants picks and young players back.

I would try to pry Chytil off the Rangers for a 3C option if they needed to make some roster spots to fit Eichel.

Something involving Kakko for Eichel would make sense for both sides. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well... maybe? don't forget JE's NMC kicks in after next season. And they've already got two huge contracts on older guys in Price and Weber. Yes they have the picks to burn, and someone like Kotkaneimi would go back in the deal, but if this doesn't work out MTL has some real cap issues.

 

I think JE may have purposely just lowered his trade value with this candid interview on his health to get a deal moving. 

I still think they take as much time they need in order to net the most out of the deal even with the NMC factor. Eichel will probably be willing to go to any team interested. They really can't trade him for lesser value just because that. Could set the rebuild back years. Whoever will give up the most will get him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Look for a team with a good prospect pool/young players and a dire need of a high end C.

Still feel like Flyers would be a good candidate but my default pick is actually Vegas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it would take as much as some people think for Eichel. This statement just brought his trade value down a lot. He has injury concerns (herniated disk in the neck is no joke), and only 2 goals in 21 games this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Still feel like Flyers would be a good candidate but my default pick is actually Vegas. 

Vegas's prospect pool is bare. They've traded for a bunch of roster players with their high picks/prospects over the last few seasons.

 

They probably won't have enough.

 

Flyers don't really have a need for a top C, they are pretty deep down the middle(Hayes/Couturier/Giroux/Patrick/Laughton).

 

At least those are my thoughts on those two teams.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Ristolainen also said he would be "fine" with being traded.

 

https://www.tsn.ca/pissed-buffalo-sabres-defenceman-rasmus-ristolainen-fine-with-trade-away-from-team-1.1637300

 

He'd look pretty good with Juolevi Hughes :ph34r:

 

Need more right-handed D on this team. 

I fixed it for you :)

Hughes-Ristolainen
Edler-Schmidt
Rathbone-Hamonic

Trade away Myers after expansion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Provost said:

I fixed it for you :)

Hughes-Ristolainen
Edler-Schmidt
Rathbone-Hamonic

Trade away Myers after expansion.

I just thought it'd be nice to have an all Finnish D pairing :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

I don't think it would take as much as some people think for Eichel. This statement just brought his trade value down a lot. He has injury concerns (herniated disk in the neck is no joke), and only 2 goals in 21 games this season. 

Well Hall is doing really well in Boston after a dissapointing run with Buffalo. I would think most teams would see this an issue more with Buffalo than with Eichel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, D-Money said:

... But why?

 

EP and Horvat are a solid 1-2 punch down the middle. Why would we spend all of our quality winger depth for another one?

...because our roster isn't very good and adding one of the top young players in the game would make it better.  Maybe one day being good enough to be a contending team that can have a guy like Horvat centering an extremely productive 3rd line that can feast on lesser opposition.

In the meantime, Petterson played predominantly LW when he was tearing up Sweden and still gets a lot of help on face offs with Miller taking on some of the centre duties.  Having deep centre strength is how you build a team
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I still think they take as much time they need in order to net the most out of the deal even with the NMC factor. Eichel will probably be willing to go to any team interested. They really can't trade him for lesser value just because that. Could set the rebuild back years. Whoever will give up the most will get him.

Oh no doubt, but I think the price just went down. The guy clearly wants out and I just don't see how you put him back in the lineup next season in Buffalo, it would be really ugly. He may even sit out if his injury isn't fixed. 

 

We complain a lot about Benning around here but holy what a mess over there. Another rebuild gone sideways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch EDM do something.

 

to BUF: Nugent-Hopkins (re-sign and trade), Neal, Bouchard and two 1sts

 

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Khaira - Eichel - Yamamoto

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BPA said:

JE for Miller + JV + Schmidt + 2nd round pick?

 

Lol.

 

Dunno what JE is worth since he wants out and still injured.

Unfortunately more than that but what Buffalo got for Hall, give me hope we maybe could get him super cheap

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...