The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

Eichel is like Hall to me.

Very skilled player that can put up big points and win individual awards but not somebody you build a team around.

Not everyone can be leaders, but if you’re paying a player 10 mil a season and making him the face of the franchise, then they better damn well be a leader.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Very skilled player that can put up big points and win individual awards but not somebody you build a team around.

Not everyone can be leaders, but if you’re paying a player 10 mil a season and making him the face of the franchise, then they better damn well be a leader.

Which 10 million dollar players are actually Cup winners?  I think if healthy Eichel could be a winner, but he will need to change his game and be more willing to play hard without the puck.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Which 10 million dollar players are actually Cup winners?  I think if healthy Eichel could be a winner, but he will need to change his game and be more willing to play hard without the puck.  

Kucherov and Malkin at 9.5 mil is close enough.

That being said both of those guys are so dynamic and know how to play on both sides of the ice.

Pettersson - Eichel - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - McTavish - Motte

If Eichel managed to recover fully from his injury, and the caveman dropped to #9, this would be fun!  Probably have to trade Miller+ though.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Agree.  If you cant rally your team around you,  your basically useless as a franchise player.  

Look at what guys like Point, OReilly, Kopitar, Toews, Sid, Scheifele, Bergeron etc do for their teams.. these are true elite franchise centres.

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

asking price for Eichel is steep - very steep - :

its hard to believe that there are still teams considering it at that price. That would be steep without the neck injury.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:02 PM, Alflives said:

Theres plenty of player thats not quite 10mil players are pretty much equivalent of a 10mil player back when they signed. Crosby ovechkin Kane toews etc all are equivalent to a 10mil player at the time when they signed just coz the cap keeps going up eventually we'll see like 12mil 13mil 14mil players if there wasn't covid and caps just keep going up.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Eichel isn't going anywhere. Who would pay that cost for a player with potentially serious neck issues? 

I love how they keep delaying the decision on surgery too.

Like if you want teams to pay that ridiculous cost make that decision first and then let teams decide if they wanna pay the cost for a player getting serious career threatening surgery.

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Theres plenty of player thats not quite 10mil players are pretty much equivalent of a 10mil player back when they signed. Crosby ovechkin Kane toews etc all are equivalent to a 10mil player at the time when they signed just coz the cap keeps going up eventually we'll see like 12mil 13mil 14mil players if there wasn't covid and caps just keep going up.

Doesn’t matter.  The fact remains no 10 mil cap player has even won a round in the playoffs until this season.  (Price)

Eichel is done in Buffalo, but whoever trades for him gives up any chance for a Cup.  That’s just how things are now, especially with the cap being flat for 3-5 years.  

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like if you want teams to pay that ridiculous cost make that decision first and then let teams decide if they wanna pay the cost for a player getting serious career threatening surgery.

True enough, I don’t see a team even wanting to give up a 1st for Eichel until that is sorted out. Buffalo is insane to think a team out there would take this gamble.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Doesn’t matter.  The fact remains no 10 mil cap player has even won a round in the playoffs until this season.  (Price)

Eichel is done in Buffalo, but whoever trades for him gives up any chance for a Cup.  That’s just how things are now, especially with the cap being flat for 3-5 years.  

The flat cap will surely end in another year. 3-5 years sounds a bit over the top. Don’t forget each team got paid out big money from the recent TV deal contracts AND the Seattle expansion fees. I give the NHL a year and that Cap will surely rise again soon after.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not suspicious at all.....:lol:

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Or they can do what they're doing and no one will come calling. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not suspicious at all.....:lol:

Or they can do what they're doing and no one will come calling. 

Are we really surprised that the Sabres are screwing this process up though?

Screwing things up is kind of their forte.

• Haha 1