The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

I didn't realize how much control teams had over a players health. This seems like something that needs to be challenged. If I were Jack, I don't think I'd show up to camp,  and go get the surgery. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Agreed. The Eichel thing will never happen nor it shouldn't (when thinking realistically for the future of the team).

It would just be a cool scenario to think about having a Petey-Eichel-Boeser line. 

Here is what a Pettersson + Hughes for Eichel + Dahlin deal would look like (note - I’m not advocating this.......illustrative purposes only)

Miller-Eichel-Garland

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

OEL-Hamonic 

Dahlin-Myers

Rathbone-Poolman

Demko

Halak

IF Eichel was able to get healthy and go back to the way he was playing (ie top 5 center in the NHL) and IF Dahlin was able to come here and maximize his potential of being a faster and stronger version of Nikalas Lidstrom (IF being the operative word), then the Canucks would be right up there with Tampa Bay, Vegas, Carolina, NYI, Boston, and Colorado.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I didn't realize how much control teams had over a players health. This seems like something that needs to be challenged. If I were Jack, I don't think I'd show up to camp,  and go get the surgery. 

The guy has a herniated disc in his neck, and the team won’t let him get it fixed.  That’s just crazy!  The pain he must be living with (and other symptoms, like numbness) would be awful. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Here is what a Pettersson + Hughes for Eichel + Dahlin deal would look like (note - I’m not advocating this.......illustrative purposes only)

Miller-Eichel-Garland

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

OEL-Hamonic 

Dahlin-Myers

Rathbone-Poolman

Demko

Halak

IF Eichel was able to get healthy and go back to the way he was playing (ie top 5 center in the NHL) and IF Dahlin was able to come here and maximize his potential of being a faster and stronger version of Nikalas Lidstrom (IF being the operative word), then the Canucks would be right up there with Tampa Bay, Vegas, Carolina, NYI, Boston, and Colorado.

So you wanna trade Hughes who has been superior to dahlin and you want to trade petey for a player who never stays healthy and is about to be the first hockey player ever to have an artificial disc surgery?

I don’t like this at all sorry think it’s an awful trade for us.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

So you wanna trade Hughes who has been superior to dahlin and you want to trade petey for a player who never stays healthy and is about to be the first hockey player ever to have an artificial disc surgery?

I don’t like this at all sorry think it’s an awful trade for us.

I agree - players like these should be drafted or signed as FA caused the acquisition & cap cost are too much; and there is no guarantee the player will perform - ofcourse, there will always be some exception(s).

Good chance, a (desperate) GM will fall in love with idea; just hope, JB will pass on Eichel cause in a cap world there is only so much room.

I probably don't know the full story but from my point of view I dislike what Eichel is doing, he signed a contract for a sh!t tonne of money 3 years ago and now the team is performing poorly he wants out. It just doesn't sit well with me. After suffering through 5 years of Erriksson mailing it in and collecting the cash im a bit bitter about the way some players want these outrageous paydays but when things don't go their way they want to find a way out. If he didnt take such a huge payday then his contract would be more palatable to other GM's ( same thing happened with LE and Luongo) 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I probably don't know the full story but from my point of view I dislike what Eichel is doing, he signed a contract for a sh!t tonne of money 3 years ago and now the team is performing poorly he wants out. It just doesn't sit well with me. After suffering through 5 years of Erriksson mailing it in and collecting the cash im a bit bitter about the way some players want these outrageous paydays but when things don't go their way they want to find a way out. If he didnt take such a huge payday then his contract would be more palatable to other GM's ( same thing happened with LE and Luongo) 

Good points and I wonder why Reinhart got traded ?

7 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Jt Miller Tyler myers Dipietro 2022 1st top 15 protected for Eichel let’s go 

Dorsett had the same type of injury and he's done now 

I'd say a couple seconds at tops if we have the pics

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

No one is dumb enough to trade Petey for Eichel.   

Id trade Hughes for Dahlin any second,  but Buff wont.

Would you go 2 for 2 ? Eichel and Dahlin for Pettersson and Hughes. I would if it wasn’t for Eichel’s uncertainty, an artificial disc will probably have ongoing complications for the rest of his career, but healthy he’s right at the level of a  Mackinnon. For me it all depends on the money they want, a trade might be cheaper than a pair of 8million contracts.