Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How in the heck do the Sabres bring this guy back into their room?  He’s wearing the C too!  I don’t think any team will give up important assets for Eichel, until there’s proof he doesn’t need neck surgery.  So, it’s very likely he’s not traded, and just before training cap he goes under the knife.  Then he rehabs, comes back (if he’s able) for the Olympics, and is traded.  

Good chance, it wasn’t his peers who chose him rather it was someone with a title.

 

Ditto, it will be hard to want to be his teammate after this stunt - he got paid by padding his stat and now he expects everything to be kosher (?).

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maddogy said:

If Matt Duchene could get traded bringing back significant returns,  why wouldn't Eichel?

Duchene can at least look over his shoulder to glare at you.

 

Eichel...not so much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Holy crap!  Eichel is 100% done with the Sabres.  Sure sounds like Jack wants to get this surgery behind him, so he can get on with his career.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like Eichels value has dropped significantly now.  I feel bad for the fans but this is kind of karma for running a circus of an organization.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't realize how much control teams had over a players health. This seems like something that needs to be challenged. If I were Jack, I don't think I'd show up to camp,  and go get the surgery. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Agreed. The Eichel thing will never happen nor it shouldn't (when thinking realistically for the future of the team).

 

It would just be a cool scenario to think about having a Petey-Eichel-Boeser line. 

Here is what a Pettersson + Hughes for Eichel + Dahlin deal would look like (note - I’m not advocating this.......illustrative purposes only)

 

Miller-Eichel-Garland

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

 

OEL-Hamonic 

Dahlin-Myers

Rathbone-Poolman

 

Demko

Halak

 

IF Eichel was able to get healthy and go back to the way he was playing (ie top 5 center in the NHL) and IF Dahlin was able to come here and maximize his potential of being a faster and stronger version of Nikalas Lidstrom (IF being the operative word), then the Canucks would be right up there with Tampa Bay, Vegas, Carolina, NYI, Boston, and Colorado.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I didn't realize how much control teams had over a players health. This seems like something that needs to be challenged. If I were Jack, I don't think I'd show up to camp,  and go get the surgery. 

The guy has a herniated disc in his neck, and the team won’t let him get it fixed.  That’s just crazy!  The pain he must be living with (and other symptoms, like numbness) would be awful. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Here is what a Pettersson + Hughes for Eichel + Dahlin deal would look like (note - I’m not advocating this.......illustrative purposes only)

 

Miller-Eichel-Garland

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

 

OEL-Hamonic 

Dahlin-Myers

Rathbone-Poolman

 

Demko

Halak

 

IF Eichel was able to get healthy and go back to the way he was playing (ie top 5 center in the NHL) and IF Dahlin was able to come here and maximize his potential of being a faster and stronger version of Nikalas Lidstrom (IF being the operative word), then the Canucks would be right up there with Tampa Bay, Vegas, Carolina, NYI, Boston, and Colorado.

So you wanna trade Hughes who has been superior to dahlin and you want to trade petey for a player who never stays healthy and is about to be the first hockey player ever to have an artificial disc surgery?

 

I don’t like this at all sorry think it’s an awful trade for us.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

So you wanna trade Hughes who has been superior to dahlin and you want to trade petey for a player who never stays healthy and is about to be the first hockey player ever to have an artificial disc surgery?

 

I don’t like this at all sorry think it’s an awful trade for us.

I agree - players like these should be drafted or signed as FA caused the acquisition & cap cost are too much; and there is no guarantee the player will perform - ofcourse, there will always be some exception(s).

 

Good chance, a (desperate) GM will fall in love with idea; just hope, JB will pass on Eichel cause in a cap world there is only so much room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I probably don't know the full story but from my point of view I dislike what Eichel is doing, he signed a contract for a sh!t tonne of money 3 years ago and now the team is performing poorly he wants out. It just doesn't sit well with me. After suffering through 5 years of Erriksson mailing it in and collecting the cash im a bit bitter about the way some players want these outrageous paydays but when things don't go their way they want to find a way out. If he didnt take such a huge payday then his contract would be more palatable to other GM's ( same thing happened with LE and Luongo) 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I probably don't know the full story but from my point of view I dislike what Eichel is doing, he signed a contract for a sh!t tonne of money 3 years ago and now the team is performing poorly he wants out. It just doesn't sit well with me. After suffering through 5 years of Erriksson mailing it in and collecting the cash im a bit bitter about the way some players want these outrageous paydays but when things don't go their way they want to find a way out. If he didnt take such a huge payday then his contract would be more palatable to other GM's ( same thing happened with LE and Luongo) 

Good points and I wonder why Reinhart got traded ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eichel is damaged goods. I wouldn’t give up anything decent for him. Could it be possible that Buffalo is scared that Eichel would not perform well post this surgery so they are delaying him from getting it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Jt Miller Tyler myers Dipietro 2022 1st top 15 protected for Eichel let’s go 

Dorsett had the same type of injury and he's done now 

 

I'd say a couple seconds at tops if we have the pics

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...