The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

27 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Love the line in there: "There are 28 other GMs that would gladly trade places with Murray right now."  Yeah, not if that meant being the Sabres GM!

Every time this thread bumps up, and I see "disconnect with organization" in the title, I can't help but think that the sky is effing blue, too.  There's been a disconnect for years.

for interest sake, I looked up things to do in Buffalo

here are a couple of hilites

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/sabres-gm-tim-murray-on-lottery-results-im-disappointed-for-our-fans/

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g60974-Activities-c47-t26-Buffalo_New_York.html

Looks like BUffalo is a town whose time has come and gone

I was chatting over in the Pettersson thread about what makes Vancouver a world class city, the poster said "ranks high on quality of living" lists.

and I wonder, with the NHL geting a lot younger over the past few years, there must be a lot of places where young players go and say, "This is where they want me to hang my hat for the next 15 years?"

Zadorov just signed a one year to UFA in Calgary

Pattersson making noise in Vancouver

Meanwhile Vegas can sign almost anyone they can squeeze under the cap

Buffalo looks like a nice place to visit.... for my aging mother in law

not so much for a young hockey player

For a young man, going to Buffalo must be like getting trapped in a museum after hours while a party is going on next door.

and that is completely ignoring the tire fire that is the Sabres

• Cheers 2

haha, now I have the Buffalo News asking me to Nominate my employer for "Best workplace in Buffalo"

Should I tell them I work for the Sabres?

or just forward it to Jack Eichel?

Edited by lmm
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, lmm said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/sabres-gm-tim-murray-on-lottery-results-im-disappointed-for-our-fans/

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g60974-Activities-c47-t26-Buffalo_New_York.html

I was chatting over in the Pettersson thread about what makes Vancouver a world class city, the poster said "ranks high on quality of living" lists.

and I wonder, with the NHL geting a lot younger over the past few years, there must be a lot of places where young players go and say, "This is where they want me to hang my hat for the next 15 years?"

For a young man, going to Buffalo must be like getting trapped in a museum after hours while a party is going on next door.

Yep.  Although, if you ever find you way to upstate NY, check out Tully's.  Sports bar chain with the best chicken tenders I have ever had.  Great food, and enough TVs and alcoves to watch something other than the Sabres.

but yeah, sure wouldn't care for Buffalo if I was under 40.  50?  60?  Screw it, I'm out ;) 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Yep.  Although, if you ever find you way to upstate NY, check out Tully's.  Sports bar chain with the best chicken tenders I have ever had.  Great food, and enough TVs and alcoves to watch something other than the Sabres.

but yeah, sure wouldn't care for Buffalo if I was under 40.  50?  60?  Screw it, I'm out ;) 

Just by watching a few YouTube videos you could probably out do their tenders as well. :metal:

1 hour ago, playboi19 said:

Just by watching a few YouTube videos you could probably out do their tenders as well. :metal:

What videos are you referring to?  I won't say it isn't possible, but their tenders (at least when i was there a number of years back) were so good, with tempura-like batter.  Since I had to go to Rochester a few times for work, I'm bummed I only found out about them later on in my time with the company.  I wish I had heard about Tully's sooner.

Or are you just taking another (fairly well-deserved) pot shot at Buffalo ::D

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 1

Eichel is all about himself.  When a player goes to the media and states there displeasure with an organization, it doesn’t end well.  It lowers Eichel’s value weather people know it or not.  I don’t really feel too bad for him to be quite honest.  A player should talk to their agent if they’re unhappy; not to the media.  There isn’t really any good outcome out of this situation with Eichel leaving, it’s not like this is going to teach the owners and general manager some lesson.  I can only comment I don’t actually completely know what’s going on in Buffalo, but what I do know is that sometimes things get messy when you start to burn bridges.

• Cheers 1

On 8/20/2021 at 8:22 PM, lmm said:

What about Buffalo Wings?

To be honest most secondary and thirtieary American cities are pretty boring from a Tourist perspective. Maybe the night Life is much better in Buffalo?

I mean I can't imagine Pittsburgh being any better but players still seem to want to play there 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 2

On 8/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, iinatcc said:

What about Buffalo Wings?

To be honest most secondary and thirtieary American cities are pretty boring from a Tourist perspective. Maybe the night Life is much better in Buffalo?

I mean I can't imagine Pittsburgh being any better but players still seem to want to play there 

Crime and unemployment in Buffalo and Detroit are much higher than in Pittsburgh.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

On 8/20/2021 at 12:22 PM, lmm said:

It must have been a tough go in Atlanta (Thrashers),  before they became the skitter ridden Winnipeg Jets.

imagine being E Kane as an 18 yr old and spending all that time with those 3 teams.

9 years and 3/4 of your career..

no wonder the kid has problems

Edited by SilentSam

On 8/21/2021 at 3:37 AM, McBackup said:

Anyone who doubts how amazing Buffalo is clearly hasn't watched this video.

I'm not an American Football fan, but this made my like Marshawn Lynch.  I've heard of him because he played for Seattle?  

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm not an American Football fan, but this made my like Marshawn Lynch.  I've heard of him because he played for Seattle?  

Yes, he's one of the most beloved players in Seahawks history. He's primarily known for his extremely physical running style and his irreverent, easy going personality. 

He also had a pretty significant feat when he had an incredible play that caused cheering so loud it registered on the richter scale.

Edited by McBackup
  • Cheers 1