The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Is there a world in which Edmonton trades for Eichel?

Imagine a world where the Oilers trade for Eichel.

McDAVID

EICHEL

Haunting.

They'd have to include Draisitl in the return since they don't have much of value other than draft picks and would need to move out salary.  Even better if they include Nurse and leave Duncan Keith as the only NHLer left on the blueline.

Edited by King Heffy

33 minutes ago, Provost said:

Do they want Eichel hanging around floating on the ice and making negative comments about the organization every time a mic is in front of him?

If Eichel wanted to really be a douche and act that way then if I'm Kevyn Adam's I send his entitled a$$ to Rochester - if he refuses he doesn't get paid and his salary comes off the payroll and he can rot sitting at home. Buffalo is going nowhere soon with or without him, eventually they'll recoup some sort of assets for him so I can see why Adams isn't sweating it - Eichel's career on the other hand is ticking away......

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If Eichel wanted to really be a douche and act that way then if I'm Kevyn Adam's I send his entitled a$$ to Rochester - if he refuses he doesn't get paid and his salary comes off the payroll and he can rot sitting at home. Buffalo is going nowhere soon with or without him, eventually they'll recoup some sort of assets for him so I can see why Adams isn't sweating it - Eichel's career on the other hand is ticking away......

If they send him to Rochester, they will have to recall him before the 22-23 season, as his NMC will kick in and they won't be able to move him.

Maybe he waives, or maybe as payback for being demoted he says, "nah I'll stay in the A thanks".

Either way he gets paid.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

He would have to go through waivers and there will for sure be a team that will claim him.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, gurn said:

If they send him to Rochester, they will have to recall him before the 22-23 season, as his NMC will kick in and they won't be able to move him.

Maybe he waives, or maybe as payback for being demoted he says, "nah I'll stay in the A thanks".

Either way he gets paid.

At the end of each season every player under contract is back on the NHL roster - juniors, AHL, etc.  At the start of the season, teams assign players to the different leagues and bring down their NHL roster to maximum 23 players. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Well then they get zero for him as he would get waived and claimed. 

Unfortunately, players (especially star players) hold most of the cards.  Buffalo needs the assets to start their rebuild (again), they have to sell tickets to a fanbase that is already angry and/or apathetic.  They really need to move on from this as soon as possible.  It is possible that this could linger until after his surgery and recovery since he will be out of sight out of mind while that is happening... maybe they could get a ton for him at the trade deadline for a team that wanted to add an Eichel for a post season run at a pro-rated cap hit and had cap coming off the books after next season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Per Friedman on his podcast there was a meeting in Buffalo in mid-August with the league, the NHLPA as well as Eichel's former agents (he has changed to CAA since).  The NHL and NHLPA wanted to hear 1st hand what's going on.  He thinks nothing has changed and everyone is standing their ground. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Habs let JK walk and trade a whole lot of picks for Jack, and include Drouin as a cap dump?  

Sabres don’t want Drouin as a main piece in an Eichel trade.

They’ll be asking for one of Caufield or Romanov. They can get a better deal with better picks elsewhere guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sabres don’t want Drouin as a main piece in an Eichel trade.

They’ll be asking for one of Caufield or Romanov. They can get a better deal with better picks elsewhere guaranteed.

Drouin is a cap dump.  He’s only included so the Habs get fit Eichel into the cap. 

Habs could offer their 2022 and 2023 firsts + the Cane’s first + a young guy.  

Still Jack needs to get serious neck surgery, so that needs to factor into cost.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Drouin is a cap dump.  He’s only included so the Habs get fit Eichel into the cap. 

Habs could offer their 2022 and 2023 firsts + the Cane’s first + a young guy.  

Still Jack needs to get serious neck surgery, so that needs to factor into cost.  

A bunch of mid round firsts and they have to take a cap dump?

Not enough. They’ll want Suzuki or Caufield. Otherwise they could get better picks from Anaheim. Or better young players from New York.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A bunch of mid round firsts and they have to take a cap dump?

Not enough. They’ll want Suzuki or Caufield. Otherwise they could get better picks from Anaheim. Or better young players from New York.

Habs are going to miss the playoffs.  Their 2022 pick will for sure be top 10.  

There is the ne k issue with Jack that lowers his value.  Picks are a crap shoot, but so is Jack’s future health.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Habs are going to miss the playoffs.  Their 2022 pick will for sure be top 10.  

There is the ne k issue with Jack that lowers his value.  Picks are a crap shoot, but so is Jack’s future health.  

The Habs with Eichel in their roster make the playoffs (assuming he plays at some point).

Their defensive game and goaltending is very strong even without Weber and adding a 40 goal guy like Eichel wins them a lot more games.

Without him I agree they miss.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Offer EP for Eichel straight up 1 for 1.

Benning should take it and run if he can get BUF to agree.

Petey is a better hockey player than Jack.  Petey plays both side of the puck.  Jack doesn’t.  Petey is a leader and excellent teammate.  Jack isn’t.  

• Cheers 1