The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

17 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

Flames fans seem to think they're in the mix. Something along the lines of Andersson and Monahan + 1st rd or whatever. Is that something feasible or just pipe dreams?

Signing Gudbrandon with that contract would suggest to me that they're desperate to have some reserves.  Could be a sign of a trade to come with a hit to their D.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer

12 hours ago, Dirtman said:

Flames fans seem to think they're in the mix. Something along the lines of Andersson and Monahan + 1st rd or whatever. Is that something feasible or just pipe dreams?

I doubt Monahan waives to go to BUF. But the Flames could probably get a 1st round pick + roster player for Monahan, which could be part of a package for Eichel, e.g. Boston need a 2C, they could trade a 1st + Debrusk + Moore for Monahan.

Then Flames trade Debrusk somewhere for a pick (maybe Seattle) and put Moore on LTIR.

Flames then package Andersson + BOS 2022 1st + CAL 2022 1st + CAL 2023 1st...???

I dunno, it's possible especially as BUF would want to trade Eichel to the West

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

I doubt Monahan waives to go to BUF. But the Flames could probably get a 1st round pick + roster player for Monahan, which could be part of a package for Eichel, e.g. Boston need a 2C, they could trade a 1st + Debrusk + Moore for Monahan.

Then Flames trade Debrusk somewhere for a pick (maybe Seattle) and put Moore on LTIR.

Flames then package Andersson + BOS 2022 1st + CAL 2022 1st + CAL 2023 1st...???

Maybe they do the trade and then Eichel has to retire. What a shame.

It would be funny but I'd never wish harm on a player.

8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Anaheim and LA have more attractive picks and better young pieces to include in a trade.

Calgary will not be able to outbid anyone. They don’t have the pieces.

22 hours ago, Dirtman said:

Monahan: It's proven that he can't be the core piece of a contender. He can score 30 goals (but doesn't do other things that are required for an elite center) so he will be a great 2nd line center on a team that already has core pieces in place.

1st: Flames aren't a great team but that pick will likely be a mid round pick.

Andersson: Serviceable defender but not a top 3D (my opinion).

Eichel: Franchise player when healthy. 

In the NHL game, maybe. Don't think this happens in real life.

Edited by khay

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Anaheim and LA have more attractive picks and better young pieces to include in a trade.

Calgary will not be able to outbid anyone. They don’t have the pieces.

Yes but "outbid" assumes that multiple teams are trying to trade for Eichel. We don't know if that's true.

52 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes but "outbid" assumes that multiple teams are trying to trade for Eichel. We don't know if that's true.

If that’s all that Calgary could offer then either of those teams easily top that.

They we’re reportedly asking for Zegras from Anaheim. Calgary doesn’t have anything close to that good.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If that’s all that Calgary could offer then either of those teams easily top that.

They we’re reportedly asking for Zegras from Anaheim. Calgary doesn’t have anything close to that good.

Yeah look I wasn't suggesting Calgary is the team that will get Eichel, just that they may give it a go. There are lots of teams that could top what Calgary can offer. I guess my point was that not every team wants Eichel though. He is a serious risk of having a career ending injury. For example, BUF was reportedly asking for Zegras but did ANA agree? Nope. 

On 9/12/2021 at 12:33 AM, Dirtman said:

Maybe Tkachuck (+a guaranteed extension) + Andersson and a 1st? 

Buffalo has Dahlin and Power as franchise elite LHD so Andersson would fit well with either of them

Tkachuck seems like someone that can be part of a team's core. 

• Hydration 1

16 hours ago, khay said:

Monahan: It's proven that he can't be the core piece of a contender. He can score 30 goals (but doesn't do other things that are required for an elite center) so he will be a great 2nd line center on a team that already has core pieces in place.

1st: Flames aren't a great team but that pick will likely be a mid round pick.

Andersson: Serviceable defender but not a top 3D (my opinion).

Agree on Monahan it does seem that him and Gaudreau are great players but aren't the ones the ones to build a core around.

Andersson I think will fit well in Buffalo even if he's not elite. He can slot well with Buffalo's 1st overall LHD 

Sabres' Jack Eichel to report for pre-camp physical: report

Sabres captain Jack Eichel will travel to Buffalo for his pre-training camp physical this week amid questions of whether he'll be cleared to play, and his future with the team in limbo, a person with direct knowledge of the player's plans told The Associated Press on Saturday.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because discussions between Eichel and the Sabres have been private. The Sabres are conducting their player physicals on Wednesday, a day before opening training camp.

Eichel has been sidelined since March with a herniated disk sustained in a game against the New York Islanders. The injury has created a widening rift between the player and the team over how it should be treated in what has become an offseason-long standoff.

Eichel favours having artificial disk replacement surgery. The Sabres are against him having the procedure because it has never been performed on an NHL player.

Should Eichel fail his physical, the Sabres would be left with the option of placing him on injured reserve or long-term injured reserve because the injury is hockey related. Had Eichel elected to not report for camp, the Sabres would have had the option to suspend the player.

The difference of opinion over how to treat the injury led to Eichel questioning whether he wants to continue playing for Buffalo.

The Sabres have been actively shopping the face of their franchise for much of the summer, but have yet to attract what they deem to be a fair offer.

'Worried about doing what's right for the Buffalo Sabres'

General manager Kevyn Adams in July said he wouldn't consider it a distraction if the captain was still on the roster once training camp opened.

"I'm worried about doing what's right for the Buffalo Sabres," Adams said. "That's why I take the emotion out of it, look at what's best for us moving forward. And if there's something that makes sense, we'll do it."

The 24-year-old Eichel has five years left on an eight-year, $80 million US contract and features a no-trade clause which kicks in next summer.

Eichel switched agents last month and is now represented by Creative Artists Agency's Pat Brisson, who represents numerous high-profile NHL players.

The change came a month after Eichel's former agents, Peter Fish and Peter Donatelli released a statement intended to place pressure on the Sabres in a bid to spur a trade. They wrote the "process is not working," and contradicted Adams by saying the team went against its own medical staff's recommendation in approving Eichel having artificial disk replacement surgery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Jack shows up for his physical, and (of course) fails.  He goes onto LTI and continues to collect his salary.  The Sabres,  who are tanking, are fine with this.  Why would any player want to play for that club?  

On 9/11/2021 at 1:15 PM, N7Nucks said:

If we are playing that game than we should mention that Petey was concussed before and missed like 40 games last year with a wrist injury. So his injury past isn't exactly great and he's only played 3 seasons. Petey "should be" fine coming back from a concussion and a wrist injury. Who knows where his shot is after missing so many games due to an injured wrist and who knows what state his melon is in. The brain is so sensitive you never know just what kind of damage any concussion might have done.

Regardless, I doubt Buffalo does a 1 for 1 Petey for Eichel trade. Especially with no contract for Petey. Negotiations would at this point start over and with the season just down the road they don't wanna be negotiating with him come November. And if we re-sign Petey and it's a long term deal than I'd rather just keep him. Since he's younger and has history with the team. So a trade makes no sense for either team with and without a contract for Petey.

lol missed like 40 games lol might as well say he missed the season. he was concussed before like what 3 years ago? have he had a concussion since? didn't recall he missed anything of significance other than the wrist injury this year where he missed 30 games in pretty much a span of 3 years. the concussion was what? couple weeks into his first season? has he or was he injured often since until his injury this year in the span of 2.5 seasons? he missed couple more games from that can opener for kk somewhere in between and you guys talk as if the guy been injured every couple months every season.