The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

The only way i would consider a trade for eichel is if they retain 2M.

miller/horvat 2021 1st + conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if we win one playoff series for eichel?

No.

Just no.

NYR.

Because.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Ristolainen also said he would be "fine" with being traded.

https://www.tsn.ca/pissed-buffalo-sabres-defenceman-rasmus-ristolainen-fine-with-trade-away-from-team-1.1637300

He'd look pretty good with Juolevi :ph34r:

Need more right-handed D on this team. 

No possible way we get Eichel, but I’d target Ristolainen if we can. 

Kinda overvaluing things here some people are.

1. Eichel is injured, not just a little like scarily.  That disk issue is a potential killer
  2. Eichel is owed $10 million guaranteed in a covid cap era.  2 new TV deals a new team and the cap still looks to be near flat
  3. A number of players having left the Sabres made comments about a common denominator being a serious issue with the team

With all that in mind Eichel is worth maybe a high 1st, a decent prospect and a quality roster player but sure as hell isn't worth what a lot of people seem to think he might be.  Dahlin, after this year might be worth about the same and I'd much rather target him

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

What a &^@#ing mood. I wish we had a GM that can pull heists like this 

I might have missed something but when did Sakic ever acquire a big piece like Eichel?

All he did well was sell Duchesne high to desperate Ottawa team.

It was doomed to fail, the guy that drafted him had spent months marketing McDavid; who wants to work for a dude stupid enough to do that?

Things start loking a bit better with a new gm , but suddenly you have Skinner soaking up serious coin and delivering  nothing.

I understand why he  seemingly wants out.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Eichel going to really make us a winner, especially considering the cost to acquire him?  It would cost us Bo and our first.  Imo that’s too much.  

Eichel and Petey as a 1-2 punch would immediately put us on the map.    We’d be in the same conversation as Toronto, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay go as far as 1-2 punch combos down the middle go.   

More importantly however, is the perception that it would create amongst UFA’s.  With Eichel and Petey up the middle, high ticket UFA’s would likely have Vancouver at or near the top or their priority lists.   Horvat + 1st = me driving Bo to the airport myself.

A core centered around Eichel, Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, and Demko would be 90’s Detroit and 10’s Chicago level $&!#.

I would honestly go as high as Horvat, 1st, and one of Podz or Rathbone.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

It's actually tragic how they've handled things since getting Eichel. It's clear he was never the one they wanted, he was the one they got. So I can imagine how that relationship didn't start on the best of terms either

Yeah they were purposely tanking for McDaivid that year but even if they didn't get McDavid it's still odd that Buffalo couldn't build a team around Eichel. Especially since the team also has other young high end prospects. In fact before the draft the analysts doing the draft evolution said that, other than the Stamkos year and after the Crosby year, Eichel would have been the #1 Overall pick if he was from another draft year.

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Eichel and Petey as a 1-2 punch would immediately put us on the map.    We’d be in the same conversation as Toronto, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay go as far as 1-2 punch combos down the middle go.   

Eichel for Horvat, Podkolzin or Hoglander, Dipietro (Buffalo still needs a goalie right?), and 2 or 3 1st round picks is probably what Buffalo is look at at the very least if Vancouver isn't willing to give up Hughes or Pettersson. 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Kinda overvaluing things here some people are.

1. Eichel is injured, not just a little like scarily.  That disk issue is a potential killer
  2. Eichel is owed $10 million guaranteed in a covid cap era.  2 new TV deals a new team and the cap still looks to be near flat
  3. A number of players having left the Sabres made comments about a common denominator being a serious issue with the team

With all that in mind Eichel is worth maybe a high 1st, a decent prospect and a quality roster player but sure as hell isn't worth what a lot of people seem to think he might be.  Dahlin, after this year might be worth about the same and I'd much rather target him

It took 5 years for the herniated disc in my neck to heal properly. Every time I turned my head 30 degrees I'd pull a muscle and it would be at its worse again. It is a very, very serious injury. That being said, I tried to work through it. If Eichel is smart, rests, and handles his rehab well, it will heal quicker. That's probably why he's fed up with the Sabres--they tried to rush him back, and it's not an injury that can be rushed. 

Eichel is owed $10M, but when healthy, he is worth it. As long as he recovers from his neck injury, I am comfortable with paying him that kind of money. Boeser and Pettersson would get a lot of goals with Eichel passing to them. That being said, he has only played a full season in his rookie season, and he is coming off a serious injury. The Sabres should not expect to trade him for a good return unless they retain some cap.

I would rather get Dahlin too, but I don't see it happening. He has all the potential in the world, and great character. However, crazier things have happened. He did just have a season in which he had an NHL low -36 +/-.

9 hours ago, D-Money said:

... But why?

EP and Horvat are a solid 1-2 punch down the middle. Why would we spend all of our quality winger depth for another one?

Well to be fair, Eichel > EP and Horvat.

EP can also shift to LW and be productive alongside Eichel and Boeser potentially which I would just be drooling over if that were a line. Miller takes all of the face-offs on that first line anyways.

Not both Boeser and Miller for Eichel though as far as who you're responding to suggested. I'd be all for Miller plus prospects and picks for him though.

Eichel is a franchise center and is still only 24.

40 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Well to be fair, Eichel > EP and Horvat.

EP can also shift to LW and be productive alongside Eichel and Boeser potentially which I would just be drooling over if that were a line. Miller takes all of the face-offs on that first line anyways.

Not both Boeser and Miller for Eichel though as far as who you're responding to suggested. I'd be all for Miller plus prospects and picks for him though.

Eichel is a franchise center and is still only 24.

We should wait for 2022 and hope that we can pick in the top five. I know people on here are clamoring for playoffs but our team just has too many holes to fill and the cupboards are too bare. It's time for a new GM to come in, assess the situation and decide where to go next. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, teepain said:

Its gonna take

Horvat, Miller, Myers , 1st rounder

I doubt Buffalo would want Myers back since they already moved on from him. I would tweak your list and say

Horvat, Hoglander, Dipietro, either a B-prospect or Bottom 6 player a 1st and maybe a 2nd. And I think Buffalo would still ask more. 

Buffalo would want EP as a starting point for their captain. It’s a big no from me. I don’t see any way in which van could accommodate his salary given how tight the cap already is with EP & Hughes still to sign. Defence looks to be where the big hole is. This team still leans heavily on a near 35 year old UFA D man. That’s the area that needs to be addressed as a priority IMO. 

• Cheers 1