The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

How about we just sign RNH without giving up assets? Between him and Horvat, we have our 2 and 3 C right there. 

If anything I might want to explore trading Schmidt for Risto.

I don't think Edmonton lets 'Nuge go, they'll extend him. If they don't, they really have nothing beyond McElbow and that German weirdo for C depth. 

EDM has 24 mil in cap space, and it sounds like they are close to extending Larsson too. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think Edmonton lets 'Nuge go, they'll extend him. If they don't, they really have nothing beyond McElbow and that German weirdo for C depth. 

EDM has 24 mil in cap space, and it sounds like they are close to extending Larsson too. 

Yeah, but the question is does Nuge want to stay there. He will always get overshadowed by the big 2. 

6 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah, but the question is does Nuge want to stay there. He will always get overshadowed by the big 2. 

If his AAV is 7.5 I think he'll gladly do that for 5 or 6 more years. We'd have to pay him something close to that, and tbh I don't think he's worth it. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Watch EDM do something.

to BUF: Nugent-Hopkins (re-sign and trade), Neal, Bouchard and two 1sts

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Khaira - Eichel - Yamamoto

Not even close to enough value

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Just a thought,

Sam Reinhart also wants out of Buffalo and he’d be a LOT cheaper than Eichel.    

This is who I’d like the Canucks to target. 

Can play anywhere in the top 9. Versatile like Miller. 

12 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Eichel and Petey as a 1-2 punch would immediately put us on the map.    We’d be in the same conversation as Toronto, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay go as far as 1-2 punch combos down the middle go.   

More importantly however, is the perception that it would create amongst UFA’s.  With Eichel and Petey up the middle, high ticket UFA’s would likely have Vancouver at or near the top or their priority lists.   Horvat + 1st = me driving Bo to the airport myself.

A core centered around Eichel, Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, and Demko would be 90’s Detroit and 10’s Chicago level $&!#.

I would honestly go as high as Horvat, 1st, and one of Podz or Rathbone.

No on Podz

• Cheers 2

Overpaid, entitled and cry baby.  That "disconnect" is just a pretext to get out of Buffalo, IMO, which Eichel have been wanting for a while.  He's suppose to be the 10M$ man, the face of that franchise.  Yes the team could have done better surrounding him, but at the same time, he wanted that big contract and with that come the responsibility of dragging your team on your back, which he hasn't done for them.

As talented a hockey player he his, hard pass for me.  He's just that, a talented individual, but doesn't appear to be a great leader or making the players around him better.  At that price range and the asset required to acquired him, that's an easy pass.  He'll never live up to his expectations and that contract.  

He's a younger version of Taylor Hall or Phil Kessel IMO.  Unidimensional player, who one day might be traded to a contender and help them win the cup with salary retained, but otherwise, he'll never be the face of a contending franchise.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Overpaid, entitled and cry baby.  That "disconnect" is just a pretext to get out of Buffalo, IMO, which Eichel have been wanting for a while.  He's suppose to be the 10M$ man, the face of that franchise.  Yes the team could have done better surrounding him, but at the same time, he wanted that big contract and with that come the responsibility of dragging your team on your back, which he hasn't done for them.

As talented a hockey player he his, hard pass for me.  He's just that, a talented individual, but doesn't appear to be a great leader or making the players around him better.  At that price range and the asset required to acquired him, that's an easy pass.  He'll never live up to his expectations and that contract.  

He's a younger version of Taylor Hall or Phil Kessel IMO.  Unidimensional player, who one day might be traded to a contender and help them win the cup with salary retained, but otherwise, he'll never be the face of a contending franchise.

well, a herniated disk in your neck is pretty serious, and having a disagreement over treatment is a good way to lose a player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

That team should have performed a lot better than they did this year. Unfortunately for them, they were caught in a very tough division in this Covid alignment. They should be contending for a playoff spot, especially when they had a healthy Hall, Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin, Risto, etc...

50 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

This is who I’d like the Canucks to target. 

Can play anywhere in the top 9. Versatile like Miller. 

I’m just thinking out loud here.   No idea if this would be fair value or not.

To Buffalo:  Eriksson + Rathbone + 2021 1st

To Vancouver:  Sam Reinhart

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Reinhart-Virtanen

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

####-Schmidt

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Holtby

I don’t know about you guys, but that’s a really good forward group up there.   If the Canucks could somehow add a top pairing dman to the above line-up, we’d be up there with the top teams imo.

Edited by Patel Bure

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I’m just thinking out loud here.   No idea if this would be fair value or not.

To Buffalo:  Eriksson + Rathbone + 2021 1st

To Vancouver:  Sam Reinhart

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Reinhart-Virtanen

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

####-Schmidt

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Holtby

I don’t know about you guys, but that’s a really good forward group up there.   If the Canucks could somehow add a top pairing dman to the above line-up, we’d be up there with the top teams imo.

There is no chance Jake will be back next year.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Just a thought,

Sam Reinhart also wants out of Buffalo and he’d be a LOT cheaper than Eichel.    

If there’s someone to target here, it’s definitely Reinhart. Could potentially be had for good value. 

Edited by Kenny Blankenship

19 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Watch EDM do something.

to BUF: Nugent-Hopkins (re-sign and trade), Neal, Bouchard and two 1sts

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Khaira - Eichel - Yamamoto

Don't forget 10 million per season......

I think team like  Calgary will make a real pitch for Eichel....