The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

49 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

hughes is playing with myers, does that Count?

What about 6 ahl players and 2 rookies playing on the main roster? I would not blame the coaching staff for this season, except for maybe the very passive collapsing system utilized and the terrible dump and chase method .

Those two things literally have an impact on everything else.

3 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

hughes is playing with myers, does that Count?

What about 6 ahl players and 2 rookies playing on the main roster? I would not blame the coaching staff for this season, except for maybe the very passive collapsing system utilized and the terrible dump and chase method .

Yes I agree. I think the personnel needs to change. That post you’ve quoted was in response to another who said this defence was better than past D groups we’ve had and looking at the names, it is, but I do think there’s something to be said of the poor system this team plays. How many breakaways did the goalies face this year? Even going back to the bubble, the puck lived in the VAN zone and Demko had to absorb so many shots. That’s not a system. Who’s responsible for setting that system? The head coach? One of the assistants? I think it’s probably a combination of personnel and coaching but either way leaning so heavily on Edler with no succession plan says to me that JB is making it up as he goes along too which is concerning. 

48 minutes ago, Melbourne Canuck said:

Yes I agree. I think the personnel needs to change. That post you’ve quoted was in response to another who said this defence was better than past D groups we’ve had and looking at the names, it is, but I do think there’s something to be said of the poor system this team plays. How many breakaways did the goalies face this year? Even going back to the bubble, the puck lived in the VAN zone and Demko had to absorb so many shots. That’s not a system. Who’s responsible for setting that system? The head coach? One of the assistants? I think it’s probably a combination of personnel and coaching but either way leaning so heavily on Edler with no succession plan says to me that JB is making it up as he goes along too which is concerning. 

Juolevi was supposed to replace Edler and so far hasn't been good enough to do that. Next year, he'll have to step-up as Edler becomes more of a depth guy 

On 5/10/2021 at 1:43 PM, NaveJoseph said:

"Listen, my No. 1 interest is Jack Eichel, you know what I mean? You gotta look after yourself. You gotta look after what's best for yourself," he said. 

Yeahhhhhh no thanks. 

22 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Sure, but for me, it's not going to be anywhere near 2 1sts, a 2nd, Miller and Rathbone. What a waste of resources for one guy, who is barely keeping pace with Miller. 

If we were going to move big pieces there is no way I’d do it for Eichel, specially with his medical history. There has been some talk that Monahan could be one of the names in play in the off-season. I’m not sure I believe it and I doubt Calgary would trade him within the division but I would be far more interested in Monahan. Their stats are pretty comparable and without some of the baggage.

BA761014-0E02-46B3-BFD7-DFD451EFDDB5.jpeg

00249AAA-C48A-4BD5-9A94-066285C3F513.jpeg

I don't get the hype with Eichel.  He is a young PPG C who is average defensively, is developing a bit of an injury history and has mediocre fancy stats.  I wouldn't, trade EP straight up for him.  I would however do JT Miller, 2021 1st, DiPeitro, one of Juolevi/Woo for Eichel and Jokiharu.

• RoughGame 3

5 hours ago, BCNate said:

I don't get the hype with Eichel.  He is a young PPG C who is average defensively, is developing a bit of an injury history and has mediocre fancy stats.  I wouldn't, trade EP straight up for him.  I would however do JT Miller, 2021 1st, DiPeitro, one of Juolevi/Woo for Eichel and Jokiharu.

Why Dipietro?  This guy has all the tools to be a star in this league.  Need him once Demko starts demanding too much.  And would rather give them Rathbone then Woo.  This team needs skilled dmen that play as intense as Jett.

Edited by EddieVedder

On 5/15/2021 at 1:02 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I would do Pettersson + 2022 1st round pick in a heartbeat for Eichel

Let’s put some facts down. eichel can’t get close to the playoffs Petey gets us there 2nd year. I like Petey compete to do that

• Cheers 1

On 5/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, EddieVedder said:

Why Dipietro?  This guy has all the tools to be a star in this league.  Need him once Demko starts demanding too much.  And would rather give them Rathbone then Woo.  This team needs skilled dmen that play as intense as Jett.

Woo is stay-at-home he's not skilled. Just because he had that one rush in the AHL does not mean that he's a skill guy. Hughes is a skill guy and Woo could compliment that if he turns out to be good enough 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Woo is stay-at-home he's not skilled. Just because he had that one rush in the AHL does not mean that he's a skill guy. Hughes is a skill guy and Woo could compliment that if he turns out to be good enough 

Good thing too - we really need help on the stay at home/shutdown front.

5 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Let’s put some facts down. eichel can’t get close to the playoffs Petey gets us there 2nd year. I like Petey compete to do that

Tbh Eichel strikes me as the kind of player that's going to beef with coaching staff if he doesn't get his way. He also underperformed this year, on a 10m cap hit. Petey will probably run us around 7m for the next couple years on his bridge deal. 
I'd rather have Petey as our 1C, and spend the extra $ building out a 3rd line that can score. 

Top heavy teams are gonna get rekt when they face teams that have a formidable shutdown line and defence pairing. If we can roll 3 scoring lines, and spend some $ on a #1 shutdown D man to partner with Hughes, we'll be incredible. 

23 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

That will be 3 or 4 years from now. It takes time for a young Dman to come in and develop into a top 4 player. 

On 5/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, BCNate said:

:sick: