• Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/17/2021 at 11:30 PM

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Defending him as the lesser of two evils is laughable, he is a dangerous and reckless player at best. 

I'd still be putting him up for the Masterton if he did the league's job for them and ended Marchand's career.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

I get that certain Canucks fans hate Bruins but Wilson is gutless piece of $&!# that doesn’t belong in the NHL?

Not all of us....10 years have passed and some of us are over the loss.

I personally don't have a dog in this fight, (I don't particularly like either team) but Wilson has the potential to end a career every time he steps on the ice....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I wish we could make the same kind of deal the Bruins obviously have with the Hockey Gods...Demons.   They win the Cup in '11, but manage to keep the same core, and continue to compete year in year out....10 fricken years later!   

Its really too bad we couldn't have stayed more competitive the next few years at least. Keith's elbow had something to do with it in '12.  And our core was older. We needed Delorme/Gillis to have landed a few more solid picks to fill out the lines and help in the production in those years after the Cup run.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

24 year career and still using the same clip from 7 years ago :lol:

Because it's one of the most embarrassing dives in the history of the sport. Hard to argue Chara has any business playing in a men's league when he has a history of pulling gutless garbage like that.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not all of us....10 years have passed and some of us are over the loss.

I personally don't have a dog in this fight, (I don't particularly like either team) but Wilson has the potential to end a career every time he steps on the ice....

Never really cared for Bruins tbh, especially when Chara, Lucic, Marchand, Thornton etc. played together.

Good team but lot of unlikeable characters, kind of like U.S Olympic team with Kesler, Orpik, Brown, Backes etc. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Because it's one of the most embarrassing dives in the history of the sport. Hard to argue Chara has any business playing in a men's league when he has a history of pulling gutless garbage like that.

Anytime a Bruin falls you cry dive. You use that same clip calling Chara the biggest diver in the league, if he was surely you would have another clip after 10 years. 

Boy who cried wolf at this point. Even tonight you’re crying dive when even the broadcast team slowed it down and caught Pasta hitting a rut in the ice to lose his footing. 

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Never really cared for Bruins tbh, especially when Chara, Lucic, Marchand, Thornton etc. played together.

Good team but lot of unlikeable characters, kind of like U.S Olympic team with Kesler, Orpik, Brown, Backes etc. 

I think everyone outside of Boston hates Marchand (and rightly so) but TBH, I don't dislike Chara and I actually like Krejci and Bergeron.

Agree on Thornton and Looch. I also despised Tim Thomas. His politics only cemented that dislike for me....

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think everyone outside of Boston hates Marchand (and rightly so) but TBH, I don't dislike Chara and I actually like Krejci and Bergeron.

Agree on Thornton and Looch. I also despised Tim Thomas. His politics only cemented that dislike for me....

I soured on Chara after that hit on Patches, he should have not driven him into that partion.

Didn’t seem like an accident, same way I feel that Boychuk should have not run Raymond into boards, when he was bent like a pretzel. Hitting defenseless player or one that is in the vulnerable position has always been gutless move in my book.

I agree with your assessment on Patrice and David.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I soured on Chara after that hit on Patches, he should have not driven him into that partion.

Didn’t seem like an accident, same way I feel that Boychuk should have not run Raymond into boards, when he was bent like a pretzel. Hitting defenseless player or one that is in the vulnerable position has always been gutless move in my book.

I agree with your assessment on Patrice and David.

I believe it was an accident. The fact is, that wasn't the only example of players running into stanchions....it was just the most memorable.

Chara plays tough, but he's not the kind of player who tries to injure others.

Canuck fans seem to have a blind spot on this, but if they think about it, they'd remember a time when Big Z could have hung a huge beating on Bryan McCabe, but just threw him around a bit....McCabe looked like a drunk cowboy on a mechanical bull..

• Cheers 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to EDSF: (2) Washington Capitals vs. (3) Boston Bruins | Bruins lead series 2-1
4 hours ago, kilgore said:

I wish we could make the same kind of deal the Bruins obviously have with the Hockey Gods...Demons.   They win the Cup in '11, but manage to keep the same core, and continue to compete year in year out....10 fricken years later!   

Its really too bad we couldn't have stayed more competitive the next few years at least. Keith's elbow had something to do with it in '12.  And our core was older. We needed Delorme/Gillis to have landed a few more solid picks to fill out the lines and help in the production in those years after the Cup run.

Goofy Gillis would still have a job if he knew how to draft. (Bo is pretty much the exception). 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The thing I hate about Thomas is how everyone made it seem like he won them the Cup, when any goalie would have won the blowout games against Vancouver. Game 7 was the closest win he had in the series, but even then he wasn't tested a lot and had a 3 goal cushion. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Krejci and Bergeron.

Both are awesome,

My niece's ex is Krejci's close friend. I have always pulled for him.

I'm going for the B's in this series. Caps have become very unlikable, even more evil than the Bruins. 

• Cheers 1