• Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/17/2021 at 11:30 PM

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Caps are a a physical team and don't mind the rough stuff. They play big boy hockey.

Thing is, they're ALLOWED to play big boy hockey.  For us?  Don't even try it....

Different sets of rules for those US teams that the league loves.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, they're ALLOWED to play big boy hockey.  For us?  Don't even try it....

Different sets of rules for those US teams that the league loves.  

You need big boys and a coach willing to unleash them to play big boy hockey.

10 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

You need big boys and a coach willing to unleash them to play big boy hockey.

I think you're missing the point.   This coach understands how we are  handcuffed....I wish we'd just go for it anyhow though, so do agree with you to some extent.  But even WITH big boys who can...we end up with them sitting in the box or suspended.  

I've watched our team long enough to understand that the white towel curse will never go away.  We can't play that kind of hockey even if we could.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think you're missing the point.   This coach understands how we are  handcuffed....I wish we'd just go for it anyhow though, so do agree with you to some extent.  But even WITH big boys who can...we end up with them sitting in the box or suspended.  

I've watched our team long enough to understand that the white towel curse will never go away.

You gotta create your own destiny, blaming others is a cop out, look at Gadjovich, shows some spunk and gets benched, Green is a weak coach so we’re a weak team, that’s what makes us fun to play against and if this continues we’ll be having the same discussion a decade from now.

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I've watched our team long enough to understand that the white towel curse will never go away.  We can't play that kind of hockey even if we could.

Sad but true. Imagine Myers in a game like this. He may as well just start every shift in the box. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, rekker said:

Sad but true. Imagine Myers in a game like this. He may as well just start every shift in the box. 

That's exactly who I was thinking of when I typed it.  Remember him in the playoffs?  Pathetic calls, considering what is generally the norm and accepted playoff stuff.  

• Cheers 2

I was listening to the Washington broadcast of this game on my drive home. When Wilson got called for embellishment, the announcer freaked out and said it was the worst call that he has ever seen. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.  :lol:

You can’t make this stuff up. 

• Haha 1