The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

If he feels he can still go, 1 year contract at a time for Edler. Let him retire here, this season he's been solid and even though its only been 56 games, I'm pretty sure most of the guys feel like they've been through a full 82, due to the compression and other complications and issues.

He still looks solid out there, and he still has a lot to teach.

...interesting. I wonder if he has any coaching aspirations if he retired and would he have different ideas than Baumgartner?

13 minutes ago, khay said:

And we win the lottery despite that and pick ahead of Calgary.

That will be sweet.

Win the lottery or not, JB still gets a better player than the Flames

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

...interesting. I wonder if he has any coaching aspirations if he retired and would he have different ideas than Baumgartner?

I could see him moving into a coaching or management position. I think he will continue with the team.

Maybe he becomes our next Gradin??

15 minutes ago, khay said:

Sarcasm much?

Edler should be sent out on every empty net opportunities we get from here on out and let him get shots at the empty net without the fear of icing.

No sarcasm whatsoever, would be cool if Hoglander scored 20 as well. Edler will score but I predict it will be vs the Flames. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

People make it sound like it’s only the Canucks that keep trying to win when they are out of the playoffs. All teams are trying to win. It would be bad form not to. Every bottom feeder has strung some wins together here. 

We are not special 

there's a whole lot of young players, bottom 6 journeymen, and backup goalies who are playing for jobs

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I kind of want to see him back for one more season to get his 100th goal (if not scored this season), as well as hit the 1,000th-game mark.

If Edler want to sign a cheap 1 year deal to provide some veteran presence as a bottom pairing guy, I'd love to have him back. I really like Edler, but he just doesn't fit on our team next year if he wants more than 2 million (imo).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

No Gadj? Not gonna lie, that’s really disappointing. I can’t imagine a good reason for this.

Agreed, and in a back-to-back no less.  Surely they could sit someone?  I get that some of the guys playing now "paid their dues" on the taxi squad all year, but some have actually played a few games already (e.g. Michaelis) and might not need as much evaluation.  For those who will be RFAs/UFAs this summer, will it really make a big difference to their contract negotiations (e.g. Vesey, Boyd, Hawryluk, Michaelis, etc.)? 

It would seem to make more sense to give guys like Gadjovich as many NHL games as possible this season to evaluate him and give him a chance to see what he might need to work on this summer.  I can't imagine there being any more cap issues preventing them from playing him?

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No Gadj? Not gonna lie, that’s really disappointing. I can’t imagine a good reason for this.

I think it’s just because he’s only had one practice in over a week. They don’t want to throw him in off the deep-end without making sure he’s game ready, even if the games are meaningless now. I’m fine with him sitting tonight, but I really hope he’s ready against Edmonton.

15 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

maybe he's not comfortable with the pace yet and green wants to put him in a position to succeed.