The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

anyone else eagerly awaiting Saturday's rematch between Zack and Nurse?

There won’t be any rematch. Tippett would not be happy if Nurse injured himself fighting in a meaningless game.  Is Nurse selfish enough to risk it?

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

This team is seriously lacking a de facto 2 or 3 C to ease the pressure off Bo and Petey (when healthy). Hope we can address this at the upcoming draft

really hoping for a C or D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

There won’t be any rematch. Tippett would not be happy if Nurse injured himself fighting in a meaningless game.  Is Nurse selfish enough to risk it?

hopefully BigMac jumps him like nurse did on him and makes him drop the gloves, not too mention the wwe slam.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Man, I understand you've been in hiding (or rehab) but they've been butter soft for decades. 

Decades might be a bit of a stretch. We had plenty of toughness in 2011, that is before everybody got hurt or suspended. In Tort’s year, did we not set an NHL record of some kind for most back to back to back 5 minute majors in a period against the Sharks?

Everytime Canucks try to ramp up the physicality something seems to go horribly wrong. Career ending injuries, suspensions etc. Why can’t we be lucky like the Caps and have a dirtbag like Wilson, a guy who never gets badly hurt, or suspended for long stretches of time? 

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

This team is seriously lacking a de facto 2 or 3 C to ease the pressure off Bo and Petey (when healthy). Hope we can address this at the upcoming draft

Big time.  It's painfully obvious today.  

Unless Sutter wants more then 3.5 mil/year (which he will have a hard time getting on the open market), I don't see how we can afford to not resign him. 

I wouldn't mind having Beagle if he's healthy but that's looking unlikely.  Graovac will be okay in a pinch, but Boyd and Micaelis just don't work for me. 

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

no lights, no motor cars, not a single luxury....

Love when I see motor cars

reminds me of a song from when i was a kid. kinda like '99 bottles of beer on the wall'

'we're off, we're off, we're off in a motor car....60 Bobbies' are after us, and we don't know where we are...'

15 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Man, I understand you've been in hiding (or rehab) but they've been butter soft for decades. 

fans cheer running any toughness out of town.  trolled Kass, trolled/whined about Dorsett, hated Prust, trolled Gud...

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

fans cheer running any toughness out of town.  trolled Kass, trolled/whined about Dorsett, hated Prust, trolled Gud...

Loved Kass, Dorse and Gud. Prust is a meathead and had no passion playing for this team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1