The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  He's been one of our better bottom 6 guys this year.  I will grant you the fact that he's prone to missing half a season more often then not. 

He is absolutely one of the guys we have to move on from.

Partner you will come over to see this before long.

We will fill his spot with a better fit.  A true 3rd D who has some offense a well as defense.

The Sutter train is moving out of the station.

• RoughGame 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

He is absolutely one of the guys we have to move on from.

Partner you will come over to see this before long.

We will fill his spot with a better fit.  A true 3rd D who has some offense a well as defense.

The Sutter train is moving out of the station.

wouldnt mind re-signing sutter for a cheap contract for 1-2 years also not sure who would replace him and what the center ufa looks like.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Outhit, outshot, out done in the FO circle. Wouldn’t blame Bo in the least if he requested a trade. 

I would take another Hoglander if we could trade Bo for one. He gets points but he doesn't control the game as much as I'd like. I'd rather a guy with more tenacity on a consistent basis but with slightly less points and stronger upside. 

Although Bo has been playing good lately. He seems invested again which has been wildly inconsistent up until the latter parts of this year. 

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

wouldnt mind re-signing sutter for a cheap contract for 1-2 years also not sure who would replace him and what the center ufa looks like.

Move on.  Sutter is not coming back and we will find a better option.

Mediocre throughout his time here.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Move on.  Sutter is not coming back and we will find a better option.

Mediocre throughout his time here.

more like unlucky throughout his time here, what am i moving on from i aint the one signing players.

Just now, MikeyD said:

I would take another Hoglander if we could trade Bo for one. He gets points but he doesn't control the game as much as I'd like. I'd rather a guy with more tenacity on a consistent basis but with slightly less points and stronger upside. 

Although Bo has been playing good lately. He seems invested again which has been wildly inconsistent up until the latter parts of this year. 

I think Bo is a great captain and would prefer that he stayed. That being said, I wonder how he feels about the direction of the team after so many years of mediocrity. He’s a great player. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I agree...why would anyone want Sutter back? Hard pass on Brandon Butter. Our bottom 6 needs a complete overhaul. Motte is the only player that should be guaranteed a bottom 6 spot!

I'll explain why I would like Sutter back.  He's solid offensively and defensively and allows us to play our young forwards on a line with him.  It's no coincidence that Lind looked good in a couple of games with Sutter on his line. 

We are also sorely lacking other centers.  Last few games have been pretty good examples.  

I wouldn't mind upgrading on Sutter.  He does miss a lot of time every year with injuries.  I just don't know who is out there as a free agent that we could get for a reasonable amount.  So many times this year we've seen the camera pan over to one of our rookies and you usually see Sutter mentoring them on the bench or on the ice.  So those are some of the reasons that I'd like to keep Sutter for a cheaper contract.