The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Oh look the sun came out. Hot tub time!

I’ve been out planting flowers, those pretty little things are sure tougher than most of these Canucks. Is it only Graovac who still wants to win out there? In my mind I see Green, when asked about Hawrilyuk’s minus four - We like his energy and his jump, if he could only find his skates and stick, he’ll be a real useful player - he’s a great example of what we are trying to build here. We’ve decided to build a winner out of everybody else’s castoffs.

Edler doesn’t even look vaguely interested in making an effort out there, guess he’s saving it up for his new team next year. He and Schmidt looked like they’d never played together tonight, the way they couldn’t sort out their coverage. Give him a rest, Green, Eddie’s an old man looking for another multi year contract with a generous raise from JB.

Just now, Devron44 said:

Vesey is bad. Real bad. But a waiver pick up. So meh JB. Add it to his resume I guess

pretty sure he picked him up cause him and JT have played in the past and maybe thought they could build chemistry waiver pick and injurys anyways doesnt matter, just hope we dont re-sign him.

5 games left. Sitting four from the bottom.  4 against Calgary and one against Oil.

If we win a bunch of these we can go from bottom 4 to 10 spot.

I wonder what this team will do? I think we have been in this spot before.

They will now end a crappie year by winning enough games to give us a crappie draft pick   LOL

Losing bad top five pick good!

Losing will inflict short term pain but a top pick could give us a better shot at a player who might make us happy  for 15 years.

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Vesey is bad. Real bad. But a waiver pick up. So meh JB. Add it to his resume I guess

Yeah I give it to Benning if I don't like a particular transaction but this guy was a waiver pickup.  Cost us nothing (well other than some cash) in terms of assets.  No big deal if he doesn't work out.  Just don't give him a 'qualifying offer' and he gets to try playing for another team when this season is done.  Zero risk move.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, rychicken said:

"Well, you know, Vesey came in part way through the season, and that is tough you know - not just for the player but for his teammates as well. It can take some time to understand each other and find your legs. Throw in that our players were all over the fitness scale and it really wasn't a good indication of what we think he can do. We feel over the next little while we really think he will blossom into a great middle 6 forward which we need. By the end of the 4 year contract I think people will be very happy with the signing" - Jim Benning

One assist in 15 games has good value in JimWorld. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

5 games left. Sitting four from the bottom.  4 against Calgary and one against Oil.

If we win a bunch of these we can go from bottom 4 to 10 spot.

I wonder what this team will do? I think we have been in this spot before.

They will now end a crappie year by winning enough games to give us a crappie draft pick   LOL

Losing bad top five pick good!

Losing will inflict short term pain but a top pick could give us a better shot at a player who might make us happy  for 15 years.

We've been through this same song & dance before... :lol:

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

One steps forward last season and two steps back this year.  The GM should be held accountable. 

Or maybe COVID could take some of the blame?

If you're looking at results...yes.  But look at the guys we have coming in to see it's kind of exciting.  Goaltenders looking solid.

We lost Petey...that's a huge step "backward" so that gets some blame, too.

I'm not putting too much on this game...guys are  now officially out and so they checked out.  Can't really blame them...been a grind.  Just get it over with already so we can reset and pretend hell year never happened.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah I give it to Benning if I don't like a particular transaction but this guy was a waiver pickup.  Cost us nothing (well other than some cash) in terms of assets.  No big deal if he doesn't work out.  Just don't give him a 'qualifying offer' and he gets to try playing for another team when this season is done.  Zero risk move.

lol its funny how much of a big shot he thought he was before coming into the league.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

pretty sure he picked him up cause him and JT have played in the past and maybe thought they could build chemistry waiver pick and injurys anyways doesnt matter, just hope we dont re-sign him.

Yeah I just don’t see a point of knocking JB on this one. A couple free players when we were short. Who cares. Vesey sucks. Didn’t cost us anything. Worth a shot at the time 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

When your player selection and coaching is based on energy rather than system, this is what you get when you have a tired team. Well coached teams can still compete when they are tired - if they have even a reasonable level of talent. On the other hand, if weariness is the problem, there are lots of players who have not been playing, play them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2