Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, tas said:

did you also used to be able to get a bottle of coke for a nickel with enough change leftover for a licorice whip and  a pack of cigarettes?

Lol i wish...I'm not that old just paid a lot of attention to my elders growing up.  Baseball cards .... started as a gimmick to make folks smoke certain types (were added to the pack)... who would have guessed how many times folks back then put Wagner in the garbage ... could have been my ancestors, could have been yours, a throw away worth 3 plus million dollars today ha ha.    Most i remember is comics costing less then a quarter, or a quarter buying a glass bottled pop, or a big chocolate bar or a nice sized bag of candy anyways.   

 

Now smokes are 15-17$ ... and no gum or baseball card, just an ugly tongue or hole in the throat or young man in a wheelchair after a stroke (pictures).   We're around 3.00$ as a teenager.   Times have changed for sure.  

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Loved my cigs.

image.jpeg.34ef0b30332f203668bb26a383c0abe2.jpeg

Smokes ... back then you weren't a man unless you tried a "real" one before you were ten.   It was gross...but man you looked cool!    Also don't forget the black licorice pipes with the little red candy balls on the end...

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

 

037D6F77-37F8-4867-B5E8-DD0275C55AD6.jpeg

some of the music was ok, but the rest of that is nonsense. 4 miles per gallon to prove how manly you are -- embarrassing. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


Ah tas, may you never grow old. I wonder what you’ll look back on with satisfaction from your youth? I’ll let you in on a little secret - nothing about the era I grew up in embarrasses me. 

I do miss being able to repair things easily. And some of those cars, as they say 'there's no replacement for displacement'. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Convention for many on here is that the Canucks are a disaster. I see the Cup as 3/4 full. A radical move would have been playing the prospects when they came out of Covid. I would have supported that 100%. They should role the lines and spread the TOI equally. The priority has to be prospect development and evaluation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why is he playing now ahead of OJ, unless it’s because Green is showing a veteran player the respect he deserves, which is to play his few remaining games?  I see Edler retiring.  If he was coming back, he wouldn’t be playing all these games.  

yeah for sure that makes sense, Edler has earned it for sure. Green has said many good things about OJ and I do think its likely he's already penciled in for the top 8 for next year no matter what. 

 

Edler is still good on the PK where his lessened mobility isn't that harmful but you can see he's struggling to keep up 5 on 5. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

Perhaps this is our first, First-overall-year! 

 

Play the youth and keep smiling.  I'm happy for next year and know that the team will be resurgent 

Second time for the first pick!

 

Bring it on!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

The last few games the Canucks and flames will play is like when your crappy Rec sports team misses the playoffs and has to play the consolation round.

So everybody gets drunk and goes to the tailgates instead, and the 5-6 keeners on every team who nobody likes anyway because they take it too seriously just play with each other?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

 

037D6F77-37F8-4867-B5E8-DD0275C55AD6.jpeg

I apologize for making a bit of an assumption on the age, but deriving on the meme, I'm assuming 'the 70s'. As for what to be embarrassed about...

 

Cool 1975 AMC Pacer | Amc, Classic cars, American motors

 

Cars phscollectorcarworld: 1972-1976 AMC Gremlin 304 V8: mini muscle car

 

 

Hot Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture: Sizzling  Satin | Disco fashion, Vintage outfits 90s retro, Bad fashion

 

Fashion Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture: The  Ultimate Buddy Cop Team | 1970s mens fashion, 70s mens fashion, 1970 fashion

 

And "Brown and pee" Home Decor 15 Pictures That Remind Us Of Just How Hilariously Ugly Homes Were In The  70s

 

 

The music... lol. The good stuff was legendary. The "pop" music from the 70s......... yikes. I grew up being forced to listen to LP's of that rubbish. Thank goodness I was also saved by the LP's of the good stuff.

 

The 70s was home to the highest highs and the almost lowest lows (nothing tops the 80s for lowest lows)

 

 

There was plenty about the 70s that wasn't necessarily hot.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I do miss being able to repair things easily. And some of those cars, as they say 'there's no replacement for displacement'. 


Bingo! The starter went out on one of our vehicles last week. I couldn’t even get at it so there was no way to to cross it with a screwdriver or knock it with a hammer.  I had to have it towed to the repair shop for something that might have taken seconds to get going. I mean obviously cars are safer and less harmful to the environment now and that’s the way it should be.  But I’m glad to have lived in a time when they were fun.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brownky said:

I apologize for making a bit of an assumption on the age, but deriving on the meme, I'm assuming 'the 70s'. As for what to be embarrassed about...

 

Cool 1975 AMC Pacer | Amc, Classic cars, American motors

 

Cars phscollectorcarworld: 1972-1976 AMC Gremlin 304 V8: mini muscle car

 

 

Hot Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture: Sizzling  Satin | Disco fashion, Vintage outfits 90s retro, Bad fashion

 

Fashion Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture: The  Ultimate Buddy Cop Team | 1970s mens fashion, 70s mens fashion, 1970 fashion

 

And "Brown and pee" Home Decor 15 Pictures That Remind Us Of Just How Hilariously Ugly Homes Were In The  70s

 

 

The music... lol. The good stuff was legendary. The "pop" music from the 70s......... yikes. I grew up being forced to listen to LP's of that rubbish. Thank goodness I was also saved by the LP's of the good stuff.

 

The 70s was home to the highest highs and the almost lowest lows (nothing tops the 80s for lowest lows)

 

 

There was plenty about the 70s that wasn't necessarily hot.


Well done! I stand corrected...Los to be embarrassed about!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


Well done! I stand corrected...Los to be embarrassed about!

so why are Millenials always copying the 70s and 80s? :lol: oh wait, because a lot of it was fun. 

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


Bingo! The starter went out on one of our vehicles last week. I couldn’t even get at it so there was no way to to cross it with a screwdriver or knock it with a hammer.  I had to have it towed to the repair shop for something that might have taken seconds to get going. I mean obviously cars are safer and less harmful to the environment now and that’s the way it should be.  But I’m glad to have lived in a time when they were fun.

true but it has come at a cost including some autonomy. It is really hard to repair many things now so we're at the mercy of Apple, or Whirlpool, or whatever manufacturer you picked and often are forced into a choice between very crappy service, saying f-it and buying new, or buying really expensive service packages. 

 

How many millesimals can even afford to buy an electric car? or find a place to live that allows charging? 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How many of y'all will be watching the last few games start to end? Not snarky just curious. The weather will be great and there's going to be exciting playoff hockey around the corner. 

 

Get Gadjovich, Lind, Lockwood and Juolevi in, let them learn and develop and you'd get more eyes than the roster you have now, even if you scratch Bo, Brock or Miller

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...