The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Vintage just posted that Monahan is done for the season in Calgary and while there is nothing suspicious about that, I wonder if this will start a tank war with us. It will be interesting to see which players don’t dress for these last few games and if Travis is willing to play along.

Tank war? Oh it’s on baby...!

I say get a couple wins with the kids in the line-up. Especially against Calgary haha Only a couple vets need to be taken out on defence. Alternate Schmidt and Edler maybe. 
We don’t really have to bodies to take vets on forwards out. They can take Vesey, Boyd, hawyluk out 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so why are Millenials always copying the 70s and 80s? :lol: oh wait, because a lot of it was fun. 

Because it was real! Not some prefabricated, regurgitated garbage that's common in this day and age. There were things back then called authenticity, originality, individuality.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I say get a couple wins with the kids in the line-up. Especially against Calgary haha Only a couple vets need to be taken out on defence. Alternate Schmidt and Edler maybe. 
We don’t really have to bodies to take vets on forwards out. They can take Vesey, Boyd, hawyluk out 

or just dress 7 defensemen.  Like we'd really notice one less fringe NHLer up front.

• Vintage 4

1 hour ago, Zhukini said:

How many of y'all will be watching the last few games start to end? Not snarky just curious. The weather will be great and there's going to be exciting playoff hockey around the corner. 

Get Gadjovich, Lind, Lockwood and Juolevi in, let them learn and develop and you'd get more eyes than the roster you have now, even if you scratch Bo, Brock or Miller

I'm down with that. Give the vets a well deserved rest. Play the kids and the free agents and evaluate them. They'll be motivated to show well for next season. Who knows, their energy might help pull out a few wins.

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Ah tas, may you never grow old. I wonder what you’ll look back on with satisfaction from your youth? I’ll let you in on a little secret - nothing about the era I grew up in embarrasses me. 

everything about me is timeless. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Not wanting to sound like a broken record but I really like what I see in Mac.

Same. One of the few players on the team who is willing to drop the gloves with anyone. Watch Benning lose him. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. One of the few players on the team who is willing to drop the gloves with anyone. Watch Benning lose him. 

Same here... i want to keep Mac and Graovac.   Love the energy from some of the smaller guys (H & H) but we lack size/reach to go with that speed.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Well done! I stand corrected...Los to be embarrassed about!

But but......70’s music is crap when compared with sanitized modern music complete with samples of 70s music mixed in.

The last concert I saw was 21 pilots. One guy drumming his ass off. One guy strumming on a guitar in accompaniment to music videos.

I’ll take a 1970s Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Stones, Doors, Deep Purple, Yes, Dire Straits, etc. Concert over that 21 Pilots shizz any day of the week.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Not wanting to sound like a broken record but I really like what I see in Mac.

If the Seattle GM has half a brain, that should be his pick for the expansion draft. Huge fan of the guy a, he's developed at a great pace. He has clearly made himself known to the opposition and has never backed down from a challenge. True warrior and the embodiment of what I believe we all want our Canucks culture to be for the foreseeable future. 

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Price was the only reason they did anything in the bubble, that and the Pens played like crap. The Habs are terrible and just like last season would never have sniffed the playoffs.

The Leafs will beat them easily, the Habs aren't in the same level as the Bruins and Caps that the leafs took two seven games.

Regardless tho, if Smith Holds up, I see nobody stopping #97 and the Oilers in the North.

Marner won't be able to cry himself into getting calls in the playoffs though. That team has a weak mindset and honestly I only see Matthews and Nylander as somebody with the capacity to up their game when it matters most. Montreal still has Price, the biggest wildcard goaltender of our generation. Add to that the experience that they have, and the hunger that the veteran group has for this last kick at the can, infused with their youth movement (Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov etc...). Compare that to Toronto's glowing playoff performers; Tavares, Andersen, Marner, Foligno, Thornton, Simmonds. All known has people who don't have that next gear. 

Montreal will push the Leafs to the limit and TO will break. Goaltending and defense wins championships. Montreal has both and Toronto has neither.