The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

Keefe got speed bagged in this series.

The Leafs were unprepared for literally all three of the final games.

They made literally no real adjustments to deal with a Habs team taking over and dictating the games.

They approached game 7 with some really weak, pop-psychology - that was a serious warning sign to anyone watching from the outside that could see they were trying to talk themselves out of being a team buried in fear of losing.

They had a veteran Ben Hutton to go to when Muzzin went down - they opted for both Sandin and Dermott in the lineup. 

Really - the only true coaching progress - was evident in how improved a few Leafs were without the puck - 100% the work of Manny Malhotra.

I've even heard some moronic suggestions that they should fire Malhotra.  Please do.  We'll take him back in a heartbeat.

Of course - lots of this is also on Dubas.

Dubas - went on a spending spree at the deadline - but got neither a defenseman they'd use in the playoffs, nor a legit shutdown center - and both of these things came back to seriously bite them.

They played the usual salary cap gymnastics '5D' chess  - to overage themselves with more grit like Foligno - but was more veteran grit really a primary need of that team?  Again, they get one idea in their mind and they get tunnel vision.   Not hindsighting here - asked the same questions at the deadline when everyone was fluffing that team. 

Leafs gonna Leaf.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Comical listening to that Toronto media market now go on a feeding frenzy ripping that team apart.

But - get real - virtually everyone fluffed that team endlessly - were one-note cheerleaders of everything Dubas did - thought this team was destined to be 'different' - and most of you are now turning on a dime to call out their failures..

You had a chance to be critical - when it would have been honest - at the time those moves were made - and who was?

• Cheers 2

Muahahahaha

Just heard Dreger claim the Leafs are still in a "development phase".

LOL.

Suck it Dreger.

"Luongo still hasn't been tradedddddddd!!!"

And it gets better....

A minute later he's prattling on that "this is a team built to win"....

pure gold.

Edited by oldnews

11 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Oh yeah, although I am cheering for the Habs... I think the Jets have them outclassed.

Toronto might choke, but Winnipeg's big forwards, very talented defense Vezina Class goaltender are going to be hard for Montreal to overcome.

I would have picked the Jets to beat either Toronto or Montreal... I don't think their season point total reflected the team's potential.

Jet forwards vs habs goaltender and defense. Will be close IMO 

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Muahahahaha

LOL.

Suck it Dreger.

And it gets better....

pure gold.

Typical. A month ago they all said the Leafs are built to win now. Look up the Sportsnet top players of the upcoming playoffs. Marner and Matthews both top five. Rogers and their shills have no shame.

• Cheers 1

Turd Sports Network (TSN) is running a video with the title "Matthews and Rielly insist latest Leafs collapse isn't tied to previous failures". I would tend to agree. It's tied to a massive bag of (expletive deleted) that's still steaming on center ice in Toronto. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, wildwood12 said:

Leafs biggest mistake was letting Lou Lamorillo go.

Ice Hockey Hello GIF by NHL

Really? I would have thought that finding a GM that can do that cool feedback thing between two phones was the epitome of what they were looking for.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ice Hockey Hello GIF by NHL

Really? I would have thought that finding a GM that can do that cool feedback thing between two phones was the epitome of what they were looking for.

sad thing is he was just ordering lunch. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

If Dubas/Shanaplan had the guts they'd trade Marner straight up for Jones and send the message to these entitled stars that if you don't produce this is what you get.  I would just like to see that to witness all the meldowns in Laff-nation.....

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ordering lunch is never sad. Always tasty.

Dubie has really put himself into a corner. His lineup of softies has proven they can't bring it in the playoffs. And all it cost him was close to 45 million in signing bonuses :blink:

50 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Muahahahaha

LOL.

Suck it Dreger.

And it gets better....

pure gold.

LOL time to run it back next year guys. Same team but it'll be different this time. ::D

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Dubie has really put himself into a corner. His lineup of softies has proven they can't bring it in the playoffs. And all it cost him was close to 45 million in signing bonuses :blink:

Maybe he'll join Chayka soon.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Maybe he'll join Chayka soon.

I could see that actually. Maybe they promote Gillman to GM and sell it as needed a "capologist" to get to the next level, or some such bs.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So, how are things in leaf land today?

Former Leafs defenceman Coliacivo just said one of his friends smashed his t.v. to smitherines and another put his Leafs sweater out with the garbage this morning. LOL

• Haha 3