The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

16 hours ago, LeafsFanDan said:

To be fair everyone discounted Montreal and almost everyone knew Montreal would be laughed out of the series.. it was almost a sure bet..

Its unreal how Leafs collapsed, honestly no one saw this coming  if you actually pay attention to the experts of the game, the media, the people who live and breath hockey they all said Leafs are a sure bet to go deep

Everyone is shocked.

Maybe you ought to recheck the predictions for this series. Many of us picked the Habs in 7. We are the no one’s who did see this coming.

Many of us expressed our opinion about the weaknesses in the Leaf build, only to be :lol: at and scorned. Who’s laughing now?

I am not shocked at all because I don’t swallow the pablum that the TO media have been force feeding us since the start of the season. You should expand your horizons and read what the media outside of Toronto have to say about the Leafs. 

They are a high scoring team in the regular season, fun to watch, but they are weak on the back end. This is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs. They lost because the high priced talent couldn’t get it done when the intensity picked up and the checking got tighter.  The Leafs have made the same mistakes year after year, but their arrogance gets in the way of doing things the right. 

Leafs are in a bad way until they change the decision makers and hire someone who is willing to swap out some of the high priced forwards and starts building from the net out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, shiznak said:

I beg to differ. I think a lot of GMs would want Marner on their team, even with his price tag. There’s not many wingers that can respectively play well at both ends of the ice and Marner is one of them. 

Marner would look a lot better in the playoffs if he had a heavy linemate to stand up for him and give him more room to operate.

Edited by PistolPete13

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Marner would look a lot better in the playoffs if he had a heavy linemate to stand up for him and give him more room to operate.

He has to do some of that work himself. Pettersson has learned that the hard way, but is way better at dealing with physicality than Marner.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ice Hockey Hello GIF by NHL

Really? I would have thought that finding a GM that can do that cool feedback thing between two phones was the epitome of what they were looking for.

Boning up on his telephone skills for his next job selling real estate. 

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Maybe you ought to recheck the predictions for this series. Many of us picked the Habs in 7. We are the no one’s who did see this coming.

Many of us expressed our opinion about the weaknesses in the Leaf build, only to be :lol: at and scorned. Who’s laughing now?

I am not shocked at all because I don’t swallow the pablum that the TO media have been force feeding us since the start of the season. You should expand your horizons and read what the media outside of Toronto have to say about the Leafs. 

They are a high scoring team in the regular season, fun to watch, but they are weak on the back end. This is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs. They lost because the high priced talent couldn’t get it done when the intensity picked up and the checking got tighter.  The Leafs have made the same mistakes year after year, but their arrogance gets in the way of doing things the right. 

Leafs are in a bad way until they change the decision makers and hire someone who is willing to swap out some of the high priced forwards and starts building from the net out.

this

I do not think it is hard at all to diagnose the Leafs troubles

Fixing them might be hard, but in reality they are in the same boat as most 1st round losers

ther Vezina finalists were just announced, all 3 won in the first round

so did Hellybuk, Rask and Price

that is 6 of 8 series winners right there.

I bet there is not a NHL fan, not namd Mrs Campbell who doesn't pick Carey Price to win that game

Toronto could have played Bubble Demko and they still would have lost ( in about 6 OTs)

the first goal won the game ( not officially) and it stank

what was the stat yester, 79% of the teams that score first win?

Jack Campbell is not a starter, Smith is old, FLA and Washington played 3 goalies, Sarros is a back up 

then, moving out

Who  is better in Canada than Shea Weber?

Who in the NHL has better than Weber/Chariot,Petry, Edmunson?

Probably Tampa

In Canada there are only 2 teams that I like the defense, Montreal and Winnipeg, and they are still playing

moving up front Berg of the flow ( that rivals our Flow's flo) added 2 grey beards that out played Dubas's 4 greys

oh ya, and b!tchy M!tchy sux

Edited by lmm
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Boning up on his telephone skills for his next job selling real estate. 

“This 1 bedroom split level home may not seem like a great investment but wait till I show you its underlying numbers!”

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Today is so awesome.

All year it was shoved down our throats how great the Leafs were.

The media & self righteous analytics crowd were tripping over themselves to crown the Leafs a Tampa/Colorado level team, while crapping all over the idea any other team in Canada could touch them.

Another year & the Canucks continue to have more playoff series wins this decade than the Leafs.

Schadenfreude.

Marner, Matthews, and Nylander couldn't hold Mackinnon's jock strap.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Fanuck said:

If Dubas/Shanaplan had the guts they'd trade Marner straight up for Jones and send the message to these entitled stars that if you don't produce this is what you get.  I would just like to see that to witness all the meldowns in Laff-nation.....

They would, but no way the Blue Jackets take an overpaid, scared of the playoffs winger in exchange for a top five right side dman. On top of it, they already have Fort Nite boy. That said, if Torts was still there he would have a jammer with those two on the team. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He has to do some of that work himself. Pettersson has learned that the hard way, but is way better at dealing with physicality than Marner.

What's always impressed me about Petey is how hard he works to get the puck back when his team doesn't have possession. AM and Marner are more into the "let my teammates get the puck back for me"

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

What's always impressed me about Petey is how hard he works to get the puck back when his team doesn't have possession. AM and Marner are more into the "let my teammates get the puck back for me"

Is it Hyman that does all the hard work?  Matthews and Marner need to learn to get their noses dirty.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is it Hyman that does all the hard work?  Matthews and Marner need to learn to get their noses dirty.  

seems to be. The Leaves fan base was pretty livid at Edler for that knee, seemed to think it might effect their playoff chances. 

I think Edmonton is going to chuck a wad of cash his way this offseason. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

seems to be. The Leaves fan base was pretty livid at Edler for that knee, seemed to think it might effect their playoff chances. 

I like how Hyman plays.  That’s another big hole in the Leaf’s lineup if he goes.  Who retrieves pucks when he’s gone?  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hyman is definitely the digger. But you want to win in the playoffs, everyone should dig. Even the pretty boys. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Cry me a river.

In 2012 Daniel took a blatant Keith elbow to the head that cost us our first round series. You wanna compare who’s gotten f-ed over more I think we’ve got them beat by quite a bit...

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like how Hyman plays.  That’s another big hole in the Leaf’s lineup if he goes.  Who retrieves pucks when he’s gone?  

make Flamingo-boy do it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Cry me a river.

In 2012 Daniel took a blatant Keith elbow to the head that cost us our first round series. You wanna compare who’s gotten f-ed over more I think we’ve got them beat by quite a bit...

oh no doubt, just the outrage was interesting. Leaves fans seemed pretty worried he be gone long term.

I'd like him here, but think we'll be out-priced by the Edmonton McBabies 

• Cheers 1