The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

Sandin is looking like this year's Dermott.....

the next guy the Leafs threw/throw in over his head, prematurely.

He's been ok (good player) - and Bogosian has been good - but if you're gonna tilt the ice for Reilly/Brodie, does that leave good conditions for Sandin to succeed?

Not sure.

Can't imagine the Habs are gonna stop targetting him as the guy to tenderize of the Leafs blueline.

But at least the Leafs don't have a 'this year's version'.... of Jake Gardiner.

That might have to go to a forward this time - perhaps Jumbo - probably the worst Leaf on the ice thus far - and I'm skeptical that he's gonna 'age' any better as the tempo upticks...

Edited by oldnews

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Every single fan base has jerkwad fans.  Habs, Leafs and Canucks included 

Honestly, we have some of the worst no doubt about that I mean what other fanbase hires a plane to fly a banner or have a fire everyone rally? 

The thing about leaf fans is I kind of get why they are the way they are, every other fanbase goes out of their way to crap on their team and constantly create threads about their team so I get why they are the way they are.

Habs fans booed the USA national anthem twice after major terrorist attacks and there is nothing lower than that. Ottawa and Winnipeg have easily the best fans in Canada. As someone who was raised in a French Canadien family, I get why the French are considered arrogant and pretentious, very stuck-up fanbase over there. Hell of a place to party tho I'll give em that much.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Honestly, we have some of the worst no doubt about that I mean what other fanbase hires a plane to fly a banner or have a fire everyone rally? 

The thing about leaf fans is I kind of get why they are the way they are, every other fanbase goes out of their way to crap on their team and constantly create threads about their team so I get why they are the way they are.

Habs fans booed the USA national anthem twice after major terrorist attacks and there is nothing lower than that. Ottawa and Winnipeg have easily the best fans in Canada. As someone who was raised in a French Canadien family, I get why the French are considered arrogant and pretentious, very stuck-up fanbase over there. Hell of a place to party tho I'll give em that much.

If we didn't have the media shoving the Leafs down our throats (top story in post-game is almost always Leafs related, even when they didn't play that day, the right way to rebuild, the massive hype job every single year over the lineup and any new hires), I think the rest of the country would be a little more forgiving of the team.

The media can fully praise the rebuild after a couple years of having some playoff success.

My dad was a big Leafs fan.  They moved to second place for him when the Canucks joined the league.  But after a couple decades of media nonsense, he started to hate them as much as many of us here do.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Tickets to the game are pricey!! :shock:

Only sold in pairs

spacer.png

Okay I admit I might be a bit of a fossil but in what world can anyone justify over $900 in fees for “applicable service, delivery and transactional fees” for two tickets? Ticket prices are one thing but those fees are idiotic! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This is the last round 1 series, with round 2 starting Saturday. You can bet the NHL is wanting to see this series wrapped up Saturday and will give the Leafs every chance to seal the deal. But that's nothing new. Have the Habs had more PPs in any of the games so far?

On 5/27/2021 at 10:16 PM, oldnews said:

Sandin is looking like this year's Dermott.....

the next guy the Leafs threw/throw in over his head, prematurely.

He's been ok (good player) - and Bogosian has been good - but if you're gonna tilt the ice for Reilly/Brodie, does that leave good conditions for Sandin to succeed?

Not sure.

Can't imagine the Habs are gonna stop targetting him as the guy to tenderize of the Leafs blueline.

But at least the Leafs don't have a 'this year's version'.... of Jake Gardiner.

That might have to go to a forward this time - perhaps Jumbo - probably the worst Leaf on the ice thus far - and I'm skeptical that he's gonna 'age' any better as the tempo upticks...

That's the problem when your highest paid defenseman plays like an AHLer in his own zone.  No only do other guys have to play the tough minutes, it sets the standard that it's ok to play like garbage defensively.  Muzzin and Brodie are the only legit NHLers they have and they can't play the whole game.  Toronto badly needs to bring in some actual defensemen who can play defense or smart teams will continue to target their pylons.  Unloading Rielly is the first step for Toronto to finally ice a real blueline.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Slegr said:

This is the last round 1 series, with round 2 starting Saturday. You can bet the NHL is wanting to see this series wrapped up Saturday and will give the Leafs every chance to seal the deal. But that's nothing new. Have the Habs had more PPs in any of the games so far?

My thoughts exactly.

He wants all Canadian teams eliminated as soon as possible so you know the league will try and end this series tonight.