• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 01:00 AM

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Maybe the Oilers and Leafs can petition the NHL to make the playoffs a 3 on 3 affair. Real hockey, not so good for these teams. 

I'm kind of hoping we stay clear of RNH if he makes it to free agency. Nows his time to make a difference.... and yet....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm kind of hoping we stay clear of RNH if he makes it to free agency. Nows his time to make a difference.... and yet....

For sure. Would rather see the monies spent on a rugged bottom six player or two. 

Just watched the highlights. Who is the play by play guy?  I recall thinking he sucked the other week when he called a Canucks game but his singing of 'Statsny' when he scored was just embarrassing. Stop using any tax dollars on the guy now and send him to clean sewers or something....

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, oldnews said:

Not sure I saw anyone say he's 'bad'.

I think the point is that you can't depend on a couple shiny forwards to piggy back an average at best build to a Stanley Cup.

This was a season that was tailor made for McMHD to run around and run up his scoring totals....

However, the playoffs aren't necessarily about scoring all the goals.

The Oilers lost 2 of the last 3 to the Canucks - were outscored 13-8 - against M.A.S.H. lineups with two entire lines + of replacement forwards, two or three young D in the lineup....within the last few weeks, heading into the playoffs....not a good sign for a team that hopes to advance in multiple playoff rounds.

Jets lost to the canucks also and were 3-9 in their last 12 before the playoffs. I never expected the Oilers to win the cup i just figured they could win a round. I guess we'll see. Weren't they 7-2 vs the jets in the regular season too? I'm glad the Jets are winning though, aside from the $15 i put on the Oilers. 

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I fully expect the next game to be fixed. The Oilers should get 7 or 8 powerplays.

No way the NHL is gonna allow McDavid to go out that early.

why didn't they rig the play in round last year?

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I fully expect the next game to be fixed. The Oilers should get 7 or 8 powerplays.

No way the NHL is gonna allow McDavid to go out that early.

Yup.  TV ratings drive revenue, don’t they?  Betmann will encourage the refs to “manage” games so the Oilers go on to play the Leafs, especially this season when the league is burning through money.