• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 01:00 AM

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s a bit surprising that Tippett didn’t call his timeout when the Jets scored three straight goals in the third period. Imagine the reaction on this forum if the same had occurred with Green and the Canucks.

Tippet was asked about it and he explained that the TV timeout was coming up in about a minute, after the second goal. But yah, I thought the same thing after the fourth goal was scored.

Tippett just seemed “ defeated” during the interview.

Well played.

On a related note, if you’re Dave Tippett, do you go back with Smith or do you take a chance on Koskinen? It was clear today that Smith’s mental game is weak.

I think that he’s gotta keep going with Smith.

If he played Koskinen and he had a bad game, I think Tippett would get the Paul McCallum treatment.

Those prairie folk are real sore losers. 

Well played.

On a related note, if you’re Dave Tippett, do you go back with Smith or do you take a chance on Koskinen? It was clear today that Smith’s mental game is weak.

Won't matter both Smith and Koskinen have weak glove hands

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

You can see the sadness on the faces of everyone on the panel because they won’t be able to talk about McDavid much longer!

:lol:

How is it going for the oilers and their multiple top 5 picks? seems like the jets are doing a little better eh ;)

I was listening to TSN Edmonton and their post game discussion and the folks there said the team needs some veteran players for leadership.

I wonder what Benning can get if he offered Beagle and Eriksson to the Oilers for their veteran presence? :bigblush: 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hey Oilers, good news there's a lot of goalie UFA's this offseason.

You might even be able to snag Sebastian Cossa from your own backyard in the WHL. 

And you're still stuck with Koskinen for another year. :lol:

they can get Holtby for a first... ::D 

• Like 1

McDavid and Eichel are wasting away in their respective cities. I guess McDavid can at least say he gets a taste of the playoffs but wow, he's got to be livid underneath all that "calm" talk post game of lets take it one game at a time. 

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

love how oilers fans immediately just go to Bear as one of the main reasons why their team absolutely sucks. I would love Ethan Bear as a Canuck. guy has heart and is still really young

So would I. He's not flashy, just efficient....much like Chris Tanev....

• Cheers 3

14 hours ago, Jaimito said:

McDavid is way more talented than Crosby, but his inability to figure out the defensive side of the puck and stay in battles is why I'll never rank him over Sid unless I'm picking a fantasy hockey team. 

EDIT: Watch the video in the third tweet. McDavid just loses Copp thinking the Oilers are going to exit the zone. 2 seconds later its 4-4. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So would I. He's not flashy, just efficient....much like Chris Tanev....

Being here in Alberta - or Albertamba as my daughter calls it I have had the unfortunate displeasure of watching a lot of Coiler games and the hate for bear here is dumbfounding. I would also take him on the Canucks any day of the week - he is not the issue for them - they are a 1 line team and they have no goaltending (putting all your eggs in the basket of a 41 yr old goalie never works out well) - that's their problem. Hell I would even take RNH for the right UFA price 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Being here in Alberta - or Albertamba as my daughter calls it I have had the unfortunate displeasure of watching a lot of Coiler games and the hate for bear here is dumbfounding. I would also take him on the Canucks any day of the week - he is not the issue for them - they are a 1 line team and they have no goaltending (putting all your eggs in the basket of a 41 yr old goalie never works out well) - that's their problem. Hell I would even take RNH for the right UFA price 

It's funny, because you'd think Larsson would be the guy.....considering it cost Taylor Hall to get him...

I hate to say it, but I would be surprised if racism had something to do with it. I've met Jim Playfair and he doesn't look First Nations at all, but brother Larry certainly does and according to Jim, used to hear racist taunts all the time, when he was playing in the Dub.....

• Cheers 4