• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 01:00 AM

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny, because you'd think Larsson would be the guy.....considering it cost Taylor Hall to get him...

I hate to say it, but I would be surprised if racism had something to do with it. I've met Jim Playfair and he doesn't look First Nations at all, but brother Larry certainly does and according to Jim, used to hear racist taunts all the time, when he was playing in the Dub.....

It could also be pure stupidity - very entitled fans here who like Canuck fans find their whipping boys in the strangest places. I think a lot of them drink the Gene Principe kool-Aid and think their team is a contender. Fact is they are wasting away valuable years of McDavid and Drai thanks to bad management and unless Holland is willing to move assets i don't see them filling the glaring holes which is no bottom 6 scoring. Well honestly they need 3 lines lol - of course they all think Holloway will be the answer.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

I’d really enjoy a sweep. Might have to actually watch this one. I want tears hahaha

Part of me thinks the Coilers pull out a victory - but then again I don't see any veteran leadership on that team. Man if I am Winnipeg I go after them hard in the 1st ten minutes - I think if the Jets get a quick goal or two the Coilers will wilt!!

You have any idea how sweet it would be tonight to take a broom to work for all my co-workers who are Oiler fans haha

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

McDavid is way more talented than Crosby, but his inability to figure out the defensive side of the puck and stay in battles is why I'll never rank him over Sid unless I'm picking a fantasy hockey team. 

If you watch the goal from 5:20 on you'll really see the difference between the two. Sid might not be as flashy anymore but just no defensive holes in his game. He's the more valuable player on a Stanley Cup team every day of the week. 

• Like 3

I think as a collective community we are being a bit cruel to the Oilers don't you think? The only thing worse than making the playoffs and sacrificing a chance for a high pick is getting swept in the playoffs immediately in the first round... especially with the best top 2 forwards in their prime being wasted.

Its a daunting and really sad situation, why poke fun when you can tell the city of Edmonton and the organization are truly, legitimately hurting.

Edited by LeafsFanDan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LeafsFanDan said:

I think as a collective community we are being a bit cruel to the Oilers don't you think? The only thing worse than making the playoffs and sacrificing a chance for a high pick is getting swept in the playoffs immediately in the first round... especially with the best top 2 forwards in their prime being wasted.

Its a daunting and really sad situation, why poke fun when you can tell the city of Edmonton and the organization are truly, legitimately hurting.

They bring it on themselves along with the media with their obnoxious hyping of McDavid and Draisaitl all season long.

Their fans are delusional if they think they can win a cup with two players. 

Also they do their fair share of Canucks and Flames bashing so they should not be surprised when those fans jump on them when they fail. I don’t feel bad for them at all. At least they have the 80s to look back on.

Anyone know if Mcdavid and Draisaitl are heading to Latvia tomorrow? Just flicked by the Canada Germany game and not sure if rosters are locked now. I’ve never had a lot of interest in this tournament but sure looks like we could use some help. 

13 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Because it's satisfying to see a group of gutless floppers, including a poster boy of the NHL with serious character issues choke.  The only decent part of Edmonton is the Departures area at the airport; the city is an absolute hellhole.  We are giving the Soilers and their group of AHL trash more than the respect they deserve.

Edited by King Heffy

4 minutes ago, zapperman said:

Anyone know if Mcdavid and Draisaitl are heading to Latvia tomorrow? Just flicked by the Canada Germany game and not sure if rosters are locked now. I’ve never had a lot of interest in this tournament but sure looks like we could use some help. 

They're going to be busy getting ready for the 3 metre springboard in Japan.

What a game of beauty.

Typical lottery champion performance.

Get 6 pts from your two players - still can't win the hockey game.

That's with Kassian attempting to take that team on his back.  Kudos to him - what a game - best/most consistent Oiler on the ice (and a +2 to show for it).

But this is why you don't "tear down" your team "culture".

Tippett is still "rebuilding" the Oilers - whether people realize it or not.  He's done a great job in some areas, but that was a long term clusterphuck that will take a long term 'rething' to correct imo.   Tippett was a good choice imo - Holland, not sure I can think the same. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

What a game of beauty.

Typical lottery champion performance.

Get 6 pts from your two players - still can't win the hockey game.

That's with Kassian attempting to take that team on his back.  Kudos to him - what a game - best/most consistent Oiler on the ice (and a +2 to show for it).

But this is why you don't "tear down" your team "culture".

Tippett is still "rebuilding" the Oilers - whether people realize it or not.  He's done a great job in some areas, but that was a long term clusterphuck that will take a long term 'rething' to correct imo.   Tippett was a good choice imo - Holland, not sure I can think the same. 

No way McDiver should have been given the C without cutting out the diving and tantrums.  It's too late now, but putting that locker room cancer in a leadership position's going to be a severe issue going forward.  How do you get anyone to respect you when the team culture is set by a spoiled brat with severe character issues?

18 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

you're welcome to feel sorry for the "City of Champions". 

I can understand how a Leafs fan would relate to the futility - one with a 'modern' memory - but you don't have fistfuls of Stanley Cups like the Oilers, do you?

I don't think anyone here is expressing 'cruelty' to their fans.

I believe the main points would be:

1) you have had countless first overall picks - and you still can't lottery your way to a winning team

2) you have extremely obnoxious elements to your media - that trolled this team at every opportunity (and Calgary) - that gloated endlessly over your lottery championships- and counted the chickens prematurely - yes, we're talking about people like you, Mark Spector.   Elite troll - who has invited all the 'pushback' they could possibly receive.

3) you have played pond-hockey for over a decade - it's hard to feel sorry for a franchise that can neither build a team, nor play the game "the right way."  Even the Leafs were quicker to alter their course (brought in a 'puck-possession' coach, one that expected two-way hockey out of them (Babcock) from the outset of their re-re-rething.)

4) you never stop with the Connor, Connor, Connor commercializing, the Messier phone calls, dredging Gretzky - substituting 'superstar' glitz (and cheese-whiz) for building a playoff hockey team.

That said - I still don't 'mind' the Coilers - I enjoy the Jets success more than I do Oiler failures (it's gotten so old at this point that I can borderline sympathize - but until they do more than bring in a Dave Tippett to correct it all - it's still all on them.)   Do for themselves and perhaps they'll command more 'respect'.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Hate the Oilers, so it’s easy to enjoy watching them lose.  I’m just not a happy Leaf’s fan.  

image.jpeg.ea9c73fbb75418e13546c81fa01dba00.jpeg

Edited by Alflives

40 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Not one bit.  

Look at McDavid, chasing his 100....that's ALL we heard about.  Our young guys have to drown in that swamp all year.  When they're getting away with murder against my team so they can reach their goals, no one cares.  Nurse is enough for me to not feel one bit sorry for them.

I certainly don't care when it comes back to bite them in the butt because they have so many top draft picks and have been given a good head start.  If their ego gets in the way as they play as individuals, that's their issue.  

They get enough love throughout the season...if they can't find success, I'm not one bit concerned.  Actually, I'm enjoying it.  

The ONLY guy I wish good luck to on that team is Kassian.

• Cheers 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Not one bit.  

Look at McDavid, chasing his 100....that's ALL we heard about.  Our young guys have to drown in that swamp all year.  When they're getting away with murder against my team so they can reach their goals, no one cares.  Nurse is enough for me to not feel one bit sorry for them.

I certainly don't care when it comes back to bite them in the butt because they have so many top draft picks and have been given a good head start.  If their ego ego gets in the way as they play as individuals, that's their issue.

They get enough love throughout the season...if they can't find success, I'm not one bit concerned.  Actually, I'm enjoying it.  

The ONLY guy I wish good luck to on that team is Kassian.

Exactly.  The league even assigned a known problem ref in Meier to try to rig last night's game after his BS in the 100 point game, which followed his criminal negligence in the Forbort incident.  If the Oilers can't win despite the NHL airlifting corrupt officials to help them, that's not my problem.

• Like 2