• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 01:00 AM

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No way McDiver should have been given the C without cutting out the diving and tantrums.  It's too late now, but putting that locker room cancer in a leadership position's going to be a severe issue going forward.  How do you get anyone to respect you when the team culture is set by a spoiled brat with severe character issues?

well, I'd never accuse you of understating your case, KH.

I can't stand McMe1st's / McMilkhotdog's ultra entitled attitude (same with Matthews = embarrassing) - but I wouldn't go as far as you lol (not even close). 

"locker room 'cancer'?"  I've never been in the Oiler's locker room.

• Cheers 1

Just now, oldnews said:

well, I'd never accuse you of understating your case, KH.

I can't stand McMe1st's / McMilkhotdog's ultra entitled attitude (same with Matthews = embarrassing) - but I wouldn't go as far as you lol (not even close). 

"locker room 'cancer'?"  I've never been in the Oiler's locker room.

He'd be a cancer on any team where playing like a man instead of a gutless coward is considered a requirement.    Just because that's culturally acceptable on the Oilers doesn't mean that McDiver's BS would be tolerated on a respectable team.

9 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

I thought this would go 7 with the Oilers pulling it out. 

These have all been one goal games (ignoring the EN’s) so who knows? 

Maybe Helly has a few bad games in a row.

Yup, don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm not saying Edmonton will win the series, but I'm not sure they get swept tonight.

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

Yup, don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm not saying Edmonton will win the series, but I'm not sure they get swept tonight.

Did they suddenly gain 2 pairings and 2 lines worth of actual NHL players instead of their AHL trash?  Did they suddenly find an NHL goalie instead of the diving sieve that choked last night?  Did their captain suddenly decide he wanted to become a team player and put in an honest effort in his own zone?   Edmonton's toast; their "leadership" group has absolutely no character whatsoever.

5 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

love how oilers fans immediately just go to Bear as one of the main reasons why their team absolutely sucks. I would love Ethan Bear as a Canuck. guy has heart and is still really young

Honestly, Bear had a few giveaways but he also had some really good defensive plays. I don't think he deserves the hate. McDavid's giveaway was worse than anything Bear did imo.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dirtman said:

Honestly, Bear had a few giveaways but he also had some really good defensive plays. I don't think he deserves the hate. McDavid's giveaway was worse than anything Bear did imo.

He's far from their worst defenseman, but he's a bottom pairing AHL guy on a good team.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, LeafsFanDan said:

I think as a collective community we are being a bit cruel to the Oilers don't you think? The only thing worse than making the playoffs and sacrificing a chance for a high pick is getting swept in the playoffs immediately in the first round... especially with the best top 2 forwards in their prime being wasted.

Its a daunting and really sad situation, why poke fun when you can tell the city of Edmonton and the organization are truly, legitimately hurting.

Oilers fans are nauseating. Had 3 female friends go to Edmonton for a game and they were harassed incessantly. Threats and all that. Meanwhile, living in Calgary we got a few chirps here and there from Flames fans but usually in good spirit. In 2015 I walked down 17th in my Burrows jersey after we lost and it was fun as hell, apart from the loss.

49 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Did they suddenly gain 2 pairings and 2 lines worth of actual NHL players instead of their AHL trash?  Did they suddenly find an NHL goalie instead of the diving sieve that choked last night?  Did their captain suddenly decide he wanted to become a team player and put in an honest effort in his own zone?   Edmonton's toast; their "leadership" group has absolutely no character whatsoever.

Man if this is how pessimistic you are on the oilers, I wonder how you feel about the canucks lol

Jokes aside, it’s been three games that could have had completely different results. I was 55/45 Oilers but both teams aren’t good and are among the worst of all 16 teams left.

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

Man if this is how pessimistic you are on the oilers, I wonder how you feel about the canucks lol

Jokes aside, it’s been three games that could have had completely different results. I was 55/45 Oilers but both teams aren’t good and are among the worst of all 16 teams left.

Canucks at the end of the season still had more NHLers than Edmonton.  Take away McDiver and Divesite and Edmonton would struggle to win against most AHL teams.  They're an absolute joke and the perfect fit for their inbred fans.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

The entire Canadian division is craperolla.  Pretty much every US playoff team would pummel our clubs. 

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny, because you'd think Larsson would be the guy.....considering it cost Taylor Hall to get him...

I hate to say it, but I would be surprised if racism had something to do with it. I've met Jim Playfair and he doesn't look First Nations at all, but brother Larry certainly does and according to Jim, used to hear racist taunts all the time, when he was playing in the Dub.....

the hate i see on twitter specifically, i wouldn't be surprised at all tbh. theres no hate at all for any other player, but picking on the native guy as their whipping boy is par for the course over there

2 hours ago, Dirtman said:

But it was the best giveaway in the world.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

It could also be pure stupidity - very entitled fans here who like Canuck fans find their whipping boys in the strangest places. I think a lot of them drink the Gene Principe kool-Aid and think their team is a contender. Fact is they are wasting away valuable years of McDavid and Drai thanks to bad management and unless Holland is willing to move assets i don't see them filling the glaring holes which is no bottom 6 scoring. Well honestly they need 3 lines lol - of course they all think Holloway will be the answer.

Agreed.  The vast majority of fans could care less where their players are from.  We just want a winner, and players to be proud to cheer for.  Really the Oilers just aren’t that good.  They got embarrassed by a not so good Chicago team in the bubble, and it’s another embarrassment against the Jets, who also aren’t really that good.  

Eric Furlatt #27
EF27.jpg
Brad Meier #34
BM34.jpg
Games ’20-21 52 49
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 30 / 11 65 / 12
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1257 / 139 1396 / 89
First NHL Game 10/8/01 10/23/99
Birthplace Trois-Rivieres, QC Dayton, OH
Goals/Gm 6.2 (8) 6.4 (3)
PP/Gm 3.0 (18) 3.1 (15)
Penl/Gm 4.2 (9) 3.9 (17)
PIM/Gm 9.7 (11) 8.6 (25)
% of Penl on Home 50.0% (5) 48.0% (18)
More Penl on Rd % 2.0% (36) 7.0% (24)
Home Win % 57.0% (12) 60.0% (6)
Home Rec. 17-13 39-26
OT/SO Games 27.0% (12) 18.0% (40)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2019-20 30% 39% 31% 29% 41% 30%
Team Records 19-20 18-19 17-18 19-20 18-19 17-18
EDM 0-1 3-2 2-4 4-1 2-3 3-2
WPG 3-1 2-2 3-3 3-2 2-3 4-1

LINESMEN

David Brisebois #96
DB96.jpg
Scott Cherrey #50
SC50.jpg
Games ’20-21 48 49
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 62 / 8 62 / 19
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1285 / 54 939 / 107
First NHL Game 10/11/00 10/6/07
Birthplace Sudbury, ON Drayton, ON

Brad Meier returns from Game 3, which he worked alongside referee Marc Joannette.

Standby Official: Chris Schlenker #3, Derek Nansen #70
Series Supervisor: Rod Pasma

Not a good look to allow a known problem ref who already tried rigging the game last night to get another shot tonight.  Even for the NHL, this is an appalling lack of respect for the integrity of the sport; Meier's performance last night was simply unacceptable, especially with his history of corruption.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not a good look to allow a known problem ref who already tried rigging the game last night to get another shot tonight.  Even for the NHL, this is an appalling lack of respect for the integrity of the sport; Meier's performance last night was simply unacceptable, especially with his history of corruption.

It’s kind of accepted now that NHL refs “manage” games.  No reason not to expect this extends to series too.  Follow the money trail.  Winning teams, that aren’t the “chosen” money makers, have to overcome serious unfairness when playing against the “chosen” ones.