The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

Its very tempting, Reinhart would make us alot better. 

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Reinhart

Pearson - ???? - Podkolzin

Add a good 3C and its suddenly a top 9 with scoring ability all the way through. 

Just don't really know what we have to trade... Not trading Hoglander or Podkolzin. Don't think I'd trade Rathbone. What does that leave? Secondary prospects, or do we consider trading our 1st?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Add a good 3C and its suddenly a top 9 with scoring ability all the way through. 

Just don't really know what we have to trade... Not trading Hoglander or Podkolzin. Don't think I'd trade Rathbone. What does that leave? Secondary prospects, or do we consider trading our 1st?

I’d be open to a package starting with Lind/DiPietro+Juolevi. Guarantee you it’ll take more, but getting Reinhart would be awesome. 

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Or veteran players to help them now? 

They tried that - Sheahan, Hall, Rieder, Eakin, Caggiula, Irwin, ect....it made them worse, way worse in fact (yes, I know - other than Hall none of these 'vets' likely could have done anything about the Sabres being anything but awful but nevertheless).

In my view they are a prime candidate to go full 'scorched earth' rebuild with the exception of about 4 or 5 guys (like Dahlen, Cozens, Mittlestadt....).

Their entire franchise from ownership on down is completely directionless and languishing in total meh for the last 15 years.  

As for Rhino expressing his desire to gtfo, well - it's a sinking ship and nobody wants to be on it when it hits rock-bottom (if it hasn't already that is).

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It is very tempting. Agree with what you said here.

Reinhart would look amazing with Horvat. Our top 6 will be set for years.

Indeed, a good 3C would complete the lineup. Get the 4th line of fast and physical players to forecheck and bang the opposing defence and we are set. We already have good parts of a 4th line with Motte and Highmore/MacEwen. Just need to add a younger 4C to replace Beagle.

But yeah, I wouldn't trade Pod or Hog. Rathbone looks to be top 4 ready with even higher upside so he's also on the no trade list. This year's 1st is probably a no-go as it will likely be a top 10 pick.

Some combination of 2022 1st, Lind, Juolevi, and Schmidt? 

Will have to fill a hole on RHD if Schmidt gets shipped out and need to bring Edler back if Juolevi gets shipped. If we are lucky, we win the lottery and draft an RHD that is NHL ready within a year.

Adams Phones Benning

Hey Jim would you do a Juolevi and a 3rd for Sam

Jim, No thats to much here my counter, Lockwood, Podkolzin, and a 2nd, We this Oille is a future Lidstorm

Adams, Deal!!!!

Adams to Pegula , Start the car, start the car

• RoughGame 8

28 minutes ago, rekker said:

Sure, I wouldn't mind Reinhart. The issues on this team are at D though. We need another defensive stud on D, and to get rid of Baumer before he castrates the new stud. 

OJ looks like he will be solid once we get a decent coach in there; I liked what I saw.  Grab Edvinsson in the draft and that's a really solid left side going forward.  I'd be pretty open to including Rathbone for a guy like Reinhart, who has great hockey sense and previous chemistry with Bo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

In my view they are a prime candidate to go full 'scorched earth' rebuild with the exception of about 4 or 5 guys (like Dahlen, Cozens, Mittlestadt....).

Yeah, it looks like that might be best for them. Just start over, with the core of young guys they have. Maybe they would have some interest in Juolevi or DiPietro.

I don't understand Green, Juolevi has been good, he has only 1 less goal than Hughes, and he's worked very hard to get here. Why didn't he play Juolevi when the games mattered? Is the goalless Edler that much better than him? And watch, they'll re-sign Edler and possibly Hamonic, so where does that leave Juolevi? 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

OJ looks like he will be solid once we get a decent coach in there; I liked what I saw.  Grab Edvinsson in the draft and that's a really solid left side going forward.  I'd be pretty open to including Rathbone for a guy like Reinhart, who has great hockey sense and previous chemistry with Bo.

I imagine the market for Reinhart will be beyond our price point. His value is as a center and there are just too many teams needing a top tier center ahead of us in the grocery aisle.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1