The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

1 hour ago, TNucks1 said:

man, gotta feel for buffalo lol, but if we can low ball them for him, they already did terrible trades in the past.

EDIT: has sam been palying C or LW/RW for them?

Primarily RW.  Then (I think) C when Eichel went down.

I believe he prefers C over RW. 

Canucks can try to low ball BUF but it still needs to be better than any other offer by other teams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

With the team having a solid core I would actually be ok with this 

2021 first unprotected with conditions

2021 second 

2022 first, if 2021 first is top 3 then it becomes 2023 second 

2022 second 

Basically 2 firsts and 2 seconds or a top 3 and three seconds

They take Eriksson to make cap work

We get Reinhardt 

An offer sheet to get him would be in the 6.5 to 8 range and would cost a first, second and third, but we would need to unload cap and don't have a 2022 third.

This could potentially set up forward group 

Hoglander - Petersson - Boeser 

Pearson - Horvat - Reinhardt 

Gadjovich - Miller - Podkolzin 

I know it's early to pencil Gadjovich in but having a heavy line like that would do wonders at wearing down the opposition and would be able to be sheltered with primarily neutral and ozone starts.

I know giving up the picks is a lot, that roster would be in tact for another 4 years and with the d moving forward looking like 

Hughes - free agent 

Schmidt - Myers

Rathbone - Hamonic 

Juolevi 

The team has a few years it could go without a first round pick

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah Buffalo wouldn't be trading from a position of power at all.  

One thing that people shouldn't discount is that his 25 goals this year would've prorated to 37 goals in an 82 season.  I can't remember the last time that a Canuck scored more then 30 in a season, maybe Daniel or Henrik 10 years ago?  

In any case I'm personally not in favour of this deal unless we are able to unload one more of our bottom 6 contracts.  2021 draft class doesn't excite me that much and getting a couple of lottery tickets in 2nd and 3rd rounds in exchange for our top 10 pick would be okay with me if they also take Roussel or Beagle. 

Power, Edvinsson, and Johnson all excite me plenty.  We need defense and this draft is loaded with quality D, with an explosive talent in Johnson if we want to take a forward anyway.  What's not to like?

12 hours ago, rekker said:

I'd trade Schmidt for Reinhardt if we could sign Larsson to replace him. Absolutely. Would probably take more than Schmidt, but I like that idea. 

Schmidt has a 10-team NTC. I promise you Buffalo is on it. ::D

And really, despite being a lefty, he’s our best RD, and by a sizeable margin. Unless he indicates he wants out, trading him would be a step backwards.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

what are the odds seattle signs reinhart in thier 48hr window? sabres cannot match

Will Reinhart become an RFA? That's actually a good idea. If someone can go Aho likely Buffalo will not match due to their financial issues and why would you want to keep a player in the organization for 7 years if they don't want to be there?

Giving up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd isn't exactly that bad especially if you know you are going to be a playoff team 

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Schmidt has a 10-team NTC. I promise you Buffalo is on it. ::D

And really, despite being a lefty, he’s our best RD, and by a sizeable margin. Unless he indicates he wants out, trading him would be a step backwards.

Ah, no way he would waive for Buffalo. Talk about a team that's going to have issues attracting players. Yikes.

Barring getting the two top picks, I wouldn’t mind trading our first this year, if it meant Buffalo taking on both Loui’ and Roussel’s contracts. Probably have to add in Juolevi as well.

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Barring getting the two top picks, I wouldn’t mind trading our first this year, if it meant Buffalo taking on both Loui’ and Roussel’s contracts. Probably have to add in Juolevi as well.

Hmmm I don't think Buffalo in any circumstances is taking Eriksson a and Roussel's contracts and Juolevi has no value.

I think this year's 1st for Reinhart would only work if Canucks land a top 5 and possibly give up JT Miller (so replace Reinhart as a winger and center)  and possibly a later round pick.

Remember how much Ottawa gave up for Duchene I think Reinhart and Duchene are comparable assets 

Edited by iinatcc

26 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Hmmm I don't think Buffalo in any circumstances is taking Eriksson a and Roussel's contracts and Juolevi has no value.

I think this year's 1st for Reinhart would only work if Canucks land a top 5 and possibly give up JT Miller (so replace Reinhart as a winger and center)  and possibly a later round pick.

Remember how much Ottawa gave up for Duchene I think Reinhart and Duchene are comparable assets 

Agree with most.  But OJ has value, just not a lot right now.

And zero chance Reinhardt returns what Duchene did.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agree with most.  But OJ has value, just not a lot right now.

And zero chance Reinhardt returns what Duchene did.  

I think the value of OJ now is probably a small sweetener. Like when they add a salad or mashed potatoes the side of a meal. It's nice but it isn't going to be the reason why you ordered it from the menu.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1