The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Looking at Buffalo bloggers and fans thinking up trade ideas is amusing.

Since Reinhardt wants to be closer to home they theorize:

Reinhart to Calgary for Matthew Tkachuk straight up.

Reinhart to Vancouver for Hoglander and our 1st rounder next year.... plus they will take Pearson from us as a “cap dump” to make the money work.

I counter with Myers, Virtanen, and Roussel for Reinhart and Ristolainen! 

All those trades suck.

Reinhart isn't a fit here. We don't have enough to get Ristolainen. Calgary would be dumb to trade Tkachuk. The only way I see a trade between Calgary and Buffalo working out is if it were something around Monahan + for Eichel. That's the only way.    

Buffalo doesn't want to take on more sh!tty contracts, all of which Myers, Virtanen and Roussel have. 

Hoglander is a potential star, I say we hold onto him and to look for players in the next two drafts that'll bring us back to contention. However, if we're going to do that, we'll need a new GM. Benning did great with what he had but it's time to bring in someone with a fresh perspective to build on what he's accomplished. His trades(Gudbranson + 2nd + 4th for McCann. Terrible trade. Forsling for Clendening? 2nd rounder for Vey?) and free agent signings (Ferland, Roussel, Beagle, Myers, Eriksson, Baertschi, Nilsson, etc.) have just been too bad to ignore any further. Then there are the moves he didn't make like the OEL trade and the Toffoli flop. 

This team looks like swiss cheese and we're all capped out. Reinhart isn't an option. Bottom line.  

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Reinhart to Vancouver for Hoglander and our 1st rounder next year.... plus they will take Pearson from us as a “cap dump” to make the money work.

Would never make that trade?

1st rounder 2022  so between 17 -22 ? And Hoglander 20,  future is bright pace for 20 goals this year..

Never make that trade...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Would never make that trade?

1st rounder 2022  so between 17 -22 ? And Hoglander 20,  future is bright pace for 20 goals this year..

Never make that trade...

Terrible trade. Our 1st this year would be so important, especially if we can land another Scandinavian player like Edvinsson 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

On these boards many have been saying that we won't be able to afford to resign Miller in 2023, so I am not sure how people expect to afford Reinhart who will be a similar AAV to Miller's next contract...

Trade Miller ? 

If I were to pick one or the other. I would rather use any Miller money in Reinhart than paying Miller's extension.

That said with Miller turning 29 I would try to make Reinhart and Miller work. So I suppose this would depend on the kind of bridge deal Pettersson and Hughes get. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Trade Miller ? 

If I were to pick one or the other. I would rather use any Miller money in Reinhart than paying Miller's extension.

That said with Miller turning 29 I would try to make Reinhart and Miller work. So I suppose this would depend on the kind of bridge deal Pettersson and Hughes get. 

Buffalo could use Miller as a 2C and he's only three years older than Reinhart. That's a small enough gap to make it palatable for Buffalo but I don't think it makes sense for either team. Sam Reinhart might be a better fit in Los Angeles maybe in exchange for a guy like Vilardi. After all, the Kings have three good centers with Kopitar under contract for three years. They've got some veterans who still want to try to win, I think Vilardi for Reinhart makes a lot more sense than anything we could offer up 

I wouldnt trade for Sam nothing against Sam but we need to keep building through the draft. Trying to take shortcuts isnt the answer. When we are ready to contend we will need cost controlled depth. trying to hit ffwd is only going to rwd the rebuild further. or make us mediocre during our window. 

Patience is key.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

I wouldnt trade for Sam nothing against Sam but we need to keep building through the draft. Trying to take shortcuts isnt the answer. When we are ready to contend we will need cost controlled depth. trying to hit ffwd is only going to rwd the rebuild further. or make us mediocre during our window. 

Patience is key.

Well I would argue, if we are out of the top 6-7 picks Reinhart should be looked at. 1. He is still young and can improve. 2. Our core is the 21-27 range. Sam will be 26 next year. 3. He most likely will be better than anyone we draft and we will have to wait at least 2-3 years for this player. 

But if we are in the top 6-7 we should keep the pick. 

Power 

Clarke 

Hughes 

Beniers 

Edvinsson

Guenther 

Eklund 

Power, Clarke & Beniers I feel have a chance to play next season. The rest are 2 seasons away, but have great upside. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

Well I would argue, if we are out of the top 6-7 picks Reinhart should be looked at. 1. He is still young and can improve. 2. Our core is the 21-27 range. Sam will be 26 next year. 3. He most likely will be better than anyone we draft and we will have to wait at least 2-3 years for this player. 

Power 

Clarke 

Hughes 

Beniers 

Edvinsson

Guenther 

Eklund 

Power, Clarke & Beniers I feel have a chance to play next season. The rest are 2 seasons away, but have great upside. 

Any one of those players would be a great pick. 

33 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I don't give a bleep if Reinhart is from Vancouver or wants to play here, and it shouldn't to whoever our GM is either.  If we go trading top young players or 1st round picks for him, we're going to be setting ourselves back big time.  We might as well just start our rebuild all over again, IMHO.

What’s the chance the guy we take in the 7-12 range is going to be an impact player for us in the range of what Reinhardt is? I’m saying for our first this year straight across would you not do that? If the cap works and maybe we offload rooster as well would you not take that? There’s a point in every teams rebuild where you need to support your core with external players, either through free agency or by trade with assets you have acquired through the rebuild. I think a player like Reinhardt would fit nicely on the second line with Horvat. The player we take won’t be ready for 2-3 years and if we just resign everyone that’s important and don’t add this off-season can we really expect a different outcome next season? At some point something has to budge. Of course free agency is the better route cause it’s assets free of cost but it usually costs more in cap. We know how Jim is at free agency. Just food for thought. 

Pass on Reinhart. We already did this trade for Miller.

Rather have the top 10 pick. If he can be had without a first involved I am all for it but that is doubtful.

Draft Lysell/Guenther if you want a RW that would probably be with us longer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KKnight said:

Power 

Clarke 

Hughes 

Beniers 

Edvinsson

Guenther 

Eklund 

Sure he may be better but he will cost assets and far more money money we won't have to retain our current young guns when the time comes. IMO we need the 2nd wave of youth on elc's. Not to give up our pick ++ just to sign Rein for retail.

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Sure he may be better but he will cost assets and far more money money we won't have to retain our current young guns when the time comes. IMO we need the 2nd wave of youth on elc's. Not to give up our pick ++ just to sign Rein for retail.

if anything we need to address our 3c most immediately our RHD situation is what it is for the time being. However 3 C could be addressed within the parameters of our cap situation. Although to be fair I would be happy signing Sutter for cheep he kinda owes us if hes willing to take 1.5 x2 we can kick that can down the road too. The aquaman need to accept the rebuild embrace it there is some high end talent in next years draft.

On 5/15/2021 at 4:46 PM, Provost said:

Come on Provost...what do you expect from Sabres fans?  After all, most are Maple Leaf fans wannabees living south of Hamilton on the rusted out Horseshoe.  Seriously, I've been to Buffalo and it's the armpit of New York State.  Only thing good about Buffalo is the Anchor Bar, where a nice little Italian lady gave birth to chicken wings (and their square pizzas are killer).

12 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pass on Reinhart. We already did this trade for Miller.

Rather have the top 10 pick. If he can be had without a first involved I am all for it but that is doubtful.

Draft Lysell/Guenther if you want a RW that would probably be with us longer.

I bet Guenther is gone by the time our pick rolls around.
Im still choked we passed on Caufield, so getting Guenther would make me very happy.